apparently tennessee fans are ripping on hattiesburg for not having an Applebees

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
not to worry, you can go back to fine Applebees dining after tonight and watch USM in Omaha on those DE-lux 32 inch mounted TVs in your fav neighborhood bar and grill

1686583425851.png

Last edited:

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
This one's kind of funny and harmless, but I really get tired of articles like this that suggest an entire fanbase (or other group of people) are pressing something because 1 person on twitter said it.
has anyone else noticed how 2 dozen internet brand terrorists have been successful in making billion dollar corporations cave to their inclusion at all cost agenda? can''t risk being labeled a alphabet-soup-ophobe

yes a handful of voices on social media can start a wildfire. happens every week.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
So were some UT fans actually complaining about not having the option to eat at an Applebees? Or were they saying Hattiesburg is so ****** it wasn't even good enough for a ****** chain restaurant like Applebees to come there? Either way is stupid, but the former is next level.

I am kind of surprised Hattiesburg doens' thave an Applebees. They don't have any shortage of bad chain restaurants and I feel like Applebees is the Subway of the casual chain restaurants, with restaurants being located everywhere whether it makes sense or not.

LOTRGOTDAWGFAN

May 23, 2022
So were some UT fans actually complaining about not having the option to eat at an Applebees? Or were they saying Hattiesburg is so ****** it wasn't even good enough for a ****** chain restaurant like Applebees to come there? Either way is stupid, but the former is next level.

I am kind of surprised Hattiesburg doens' thave an Applebees. They don't have any shortage of bad chain restaurants and I feel like Applebees is the Subway of the casual chain restaurants, with restaurants being located everywhere whether it makes sense or not.
there was one on hardy street for a long time, but apparently shut down during the pandemic

Nov 29, 2017

They used to have one but it was crap like all of the other ones.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
That's last Wednesday/Thrs news. One guy started it on Twitter saying the 'burg didn't even have an Applebees there. Lots of TN fans jumped on his bandwagon and lots of others started defending the 'burg. Robert St John had a really good video he put out on Twitter in rebuttal about eating local (1 of his half dozen or so local restaurants), or, you could drive to Laurel and go to an Applebees. Link below to Robert's video:

Shmuley

Mar 6, 2008
That's last Wednesday/Thrs news. One guy started it on Twitter saying the 'burg didn't even have an Applebees there. Lots of TN fans jumped on his bandwagon and lots of others started defending the 'burg. Robert St John had a really good video he put out on Twitter in rebuttal about eating local (1 of his half dozen or so local restaurants), or, you could drive to Laurel and go to an Applebees. Link below to Robert's video:

Damn, that video is superb. Plus one to RSJ.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012

The Carpetbagger at “Tha Hog” is maybe in my top 10 meals of all time.

Reactions: Maroon Eagle

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
I always like the Family Guy takedowns of Applebee’s:

preacher_dawg

Nov 12, 2014
has anyone else noticed how 2 dozen internet brand terrorists have been successful in making billion dollar corporations cave to their inclusion at all cost agenda? can''t risk being labeled a alphabet-soup-ophobe

yes a handful of voices on social media can start a wildfire. happens every week.
Meta modernism

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007

HomeBoyDawg

Oct 22, 2013
I now live in East Tennessee. Folks around here are not any more or any less redneck than the folks I grew up with in South Mississippi. You gotta love it when one primarily redneck fanbase tries to find basis for another primarily redneck fanbase being "more redneck."

HumpDawgy

Apr 6, 2010
Pretty soon no one will have an Applebees

Applebees GIF

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
Meta modernism
There really is a similarity in ransomware hackers. Give us what we want or we destroy your livelihood with these orchestrated brand boycotts and attacks. It should be seen like that instead of anything else

DawginEthel

Jan 2, 2023
Always tried to eat local when I travel. Hole in the wall places are the best. And Mississippi has so many places to eat.

Reactions: Spotdawg

ZombieKissinger

May 29, 2013
I always judge a town by its Applebees. First place I visit for every vacation. As soon as I get off the plane, I have a reserved Uber waiting on me to take me to the nearest Applebees. The best I know of currently is in Anchorage, AK. It used to be Honolulu, but that one unfortunately shut down. I don’t go to Hattiesburg because of the lack of Applebees, but my family and I do have summer VRBOs reserved in Laurel for the next three years to appreciate the cuisine there

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login