Are Tattoo's a pre-requisite @ Memphis?

shaschboy

Sep 19, 2007
Just curious. One of the players had his offensive plays tattoo'd down his right arm.

And on a side note, how long has Calipari been at Memphis and how did they get so good so fast? Hmmmm!
Didn't UMass get into trouble after he bolted for the NBA? Hmmmm!

shaschboy

Sep 19, 2007
Just curious. One of the players had his offensive plays tattoo'd down his right arm.

And on a side note, how long has Calipari been at Memphis and how did they get so good so fast? Hmmmm!
Didn't UMass get into trouble after he bolted for the NBA? Hmmmm!

RebelBruiser

Aug 21, 2007
It's hard to believe it's been that long, but his teams were very mediocre for a while. His first 2 years they went to the NIT. His 3rd and 4th years they went to the NCAA tourney as mid-level seeds and didn't get past the 2nd round. His 5th year, they went to the NIT again. And his 6th, 7th, and 8th years, they've been a 1 seed, a 2 seed, and a 1 seed.

Basically he's had a major improvement in recruiting the past couple years. Prior to that, he was doing an average job at Memphis.

Optimus Prime 4

May 1, 2006
over the past eight or nine years. As in sucked, then made the NIT, then won the NIT, then made the tourney, then the second round, then the NIT final four again, then the elite eight twice.

Hmmmm.

ChatGPT

Apr 24, 2006
Yeah, it's only the Grizzlies, but being able to play in an NBA arena has got to be a pretty cool selling point to a recruit.

Barkman Turner Overdrive

May 28, 2006
with tattoos, especially when they are on the backside of some coed. But when you have sleeves and tats on your neck, you are kinda limited on what career paths you can pursue and what people expect out of you.

ChatGPT

Apr 24, 2006
I'd say the socio economic status they were born into and the education they were provided had a lot more to do with their career path before the first ink hit the skin. Besides, a nice suburban desk job isn't exactly the ideal career for a lot of people in this country.

I just always find it funny that people immediately associate appearance with intelligence. Most people think their profession is somehow superior, too. Corporate America sees artists as lazy, out of touch, and not smart enough to survive in the real world. Artists see corporate America as a bunch of mindless drones who'd rather go with the status quo than think for themselves. I do it, too, but it still strikes me as odd when something like "they have a lot of tatoos" is how somebody tries to put somebody else down.

I'm also pretty sure, that if somebody besides myself had just made this post, I'd be sitting on the lock button.

Porkchop.sixpack

Jan 23, 2007
with laziness, lack of intelligence, etc. However, they are unacceptable in environments that require professional business appearance.

With that said, I don't think any of those guys have any intention of trying to climb the ladder at First Tennessee any time soon. So, tattoo away.

Barkman Turner Overdrive

May 28, 2006
is could you imagine Jack Welch or McCain with tattoo sleeves? Obama with neck tats? Outside a college campus, excessive tattoos are not seen as desirable.

I was in bar in Austin last week and sat next to a guy with sleeve tats, one in particular had the red circled "NINTENDO" logo clearly visible on his forearm. One, I would never hire this idiot unless it was for a janitorial position. Two, he will look ridonkulous when he is 60 trying to explain his Nintendo tattoo to grandkids, heaven forbid he contributes to the genepool. I know many people with visible tats that either have gotten them removed or want them removed.

I know I just basically went right along with your appearance argument, but appearance counts for a lot.

G

Goat Holder

I've seen badass tattoos from WWII, Rangers, and others. And I don't see anything wrong with them.

</p>

Barkman Turner Overdrive

May 28, 2006
Well, he had other visible tats that would not be covered with a suit. Certainly, his Nintendo would be concealed. Another giveaway was all his face rings.

3 and 9 record

Certain things are used to determine the type of individual you are hiring. Did you know that many companies now use a FICO score? It has nothing to do with your job, but it does represent responsibility, etc. The number, type, and location of tattoos are also indicative of the type of person. People with a tattoo on the side of their neck tend to be more "free-spirited" and/or less conservative than someone with no tattoos. The job position may be best served with a conservative type person, or may be best served with a more "creative" type. You must fit the person to the job.

rebelrouseri

Jan 24, 2007
because that sucker will be faded beyond all recognition in about 15 years as will everything else he has. Most companies interview an incredibly high # of candidates for each job and they are looking for anything to cull the list; lots of tats probably helps them do that.

tat2ed

Nov 1, 2007
Tats are in no way an indicator of intelligence. I am a fairly smart person and have a respectable job as a teacher. I have 4 tats, but you'd never know that if you see me with a shirt and pants on.

J

JimHalpert.nafoom

One of the players had his offensive plays tattoo'd down his right arm.

Was that the one that looked like he had tatted the Preamble? Me and my brother laughed at that one for a while.

Uncle Leo

Jun 30, 2006
<span><span id="temp-1"></span><span><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/bhVHi6L-FfM&hl=en" width="425" height="355" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" allowScriptAccess="never"></embed></span></span>

Good stuff.

BriantheDawg

May 24, 2006
is worse than the Sunbelt Conference. When Marquette, Louisville, Cincy and Depaul all left, all Memphis has to do is beat a bunch of Junior High teams. So, his brilliant 101-9 record over the past 3 seasons is not worth the paper it's printed on as far as I'm concerned.

Stuttgart

Apr 15, 2007
where do these college athletes get $ to pay for all these extravagant tattoo's? I had 3 greek letters put on my foot as a freshman and that cost $40. And that night was a long time ago.

I guess it comes from the same NCAA scholarship that helped out with DMac's car.

GuvmintDawg

Feb 18, 2008
a hot HR manager who accidentally bends over in front of me and shows a tramp stamp would help me make the decision of whether or not I want to work at a company.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login