Are we buying Boeing?

57stratdawg

Mar 24, 2010
Down 8% today on stronggains basically across the board.

BTW, $BA went through a pretty sharp sell off in Q3 2023. Basically erased Q4 gains today.

Anyone taking the +/- 10% discount?

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
Well, it won't stay down. So even if you buy today and it drops tomorrow you will make money when it goes back up.

Boom Boom

Sep 29, 2022

BTW, $BA went through a pretty sharp sell off in Q3 2023. Basically erased Q4 gains today.

No. Loose bolts being found on those door plugs on other aircraft. Either a design flaw, or a process flaw. Either way, if you aren't doing something as simple as bolting something together right....you've got problems.

All that corporate cost cutting coming home to roost.

Reactions: BossDawg78
Nov 20, 2023
Not for now.
They have technical problems to correct...with the aircraft.
Especially with the new 777x which has been pushed back so far. It seems they have gotten things figured out for the most part. The launch version the 777X-9 is a huge incredible aircraft. Most powerful engines ever on an aircraft, so large a 737 fuselage would fit inside a 777x engine. There will be a 777x-8, a -9 version the launch version and a 777-10x. They will all be able to service airports previously impossible bc of their folding wings. Allowing them to service smaller airports for long haul routes. I don’t know for sure if I’d invest in them or not. You might get a good price then when they go into airline service your could see a big surge.

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012

Are Congress people buying or selling?

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
Well, it won't stay down. So even if you buy today and it drops tomorrow you will make money when it goes back up.
I don't know. Boeing seems like it's morphed more into a lobbying firm than an aircraft company. Maybe you still buy them as Airbus can't serve the entire market and there's not really another competitor, but it seems like Boeing's entire culture is broken.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
I don't know. Boeing seems like it's morphed more into a lobbying firm than an aircraft company. Maybe you still buy them as Airbus can't serve the entire market and there's not really another competitor, but it seems like Boeing's entire culture is broken.
There will be some bargain hunters. It all about timing.

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
Yeah, Biden is really hosing the economy...lol #dumbGOPtactics
The only thing that I can speak to is my personal experience. I made more money in the market during Trumps four years than the 16 combined years of Bush 2 and Obama. During Bidens first two years I lost close to a third of that. I realize that it wasn’t exclusively Bidens fault and Covid contributed a lot to it but from a retirement financial point of view I’d rather have any republican in office over Biden, even Trump and I despise Trump.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login