Are we still firing Lemoinz?

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
In fairness we took the series from lsu last year too. Let's start beating south Alabamas and others. Let's follow up next weekend with a series win. I'm super pumped we had some guys step up at the plate and the mound this weekend, maybe we have found some guys we can count on. I'm also please with the changes in the field getting more reliable players. Sometimes it's not about talent in the field so as much having guys you trust to make play and not make mistakes

17itdawg

Sep 30, 2022
Long way to go. It was too early a month ago to say fire him. It's too early now to say keep him. Let the season play out. I am cautiously optimistic about this team, but a lot of baseball still to be played. They're playing hard and the bats seem to be waking up a bit. Pitching has been fairly solid so far this year.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
In fairness we took the series from lsu last year too. Let's start beating south Alabamas and others. Let's follow up next weekend with a series win. I'm super pumped we had some guys step up at the plate and the mound this weekend, maybe we have found some guys we can count on. I'm also please with the changes in the field getting more reliable players. Sometimes it's not about talent in the field so as much having guys you trust to make play and not make mistakes
I don't care much about beating USA, I'll take beating the corndogs. Wins against USA mean nothing, losses to them don't mean a ton either.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
I drank the lemonade 🍋 after this weekend. 21 years since we beat those coon arses at the Dude

bully12

Sep 2, 2012
Really excited about the team, but Lemonhead, not much at all. Remember how far we fell after the natty, then he did nothing to rectify the situation for an entire second year.

travis.sixpack

Mar 3, 2008
This team seems more like a “normal” down or maybe even average Mississippi State baseball team rather than a historically bad Mississippi State baseball team.

MaxwellSmart

May 28, 2007
I'm wanting to believe. He beat the corndogs last year and it didn't mean anything so I'm in wait and see.mode. Hopefully it doesn't mean he just has Johnson's number and we have actually turned the corner.

Reactions: IBleedMaroonDawg

patdog

May 28, 2007
This team seems more like a “normal” down or maybe even average Mississippi State baseball team rather than a historically bad Mississippi State baseball team.
That’s a huge improvement. But not enough to save his job. I hope. This is setting up to be my real fear. He does just enough that our lame AD and president don’t fire him & we settle into a several year repeat of Polk II. Either win and/or host a regional or another single digit win season.

Reactions: HuntDawg

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
That’s a huge improvement. But not enough to save his job. I hope. This is setting up to be my real fear. He does just enough that our lame AD and president don’t fire him & we settle into a several year repeat of Polk II. Either win and/or host a regional or another single digit win season.
We all knew this would happen. A solid 35-21 team that is on the bubble. Like Polk 2, as you said.

Of course we will go 1-2 in a road regional.

Reactions: HuntDawg and patdog

patdog

May 28, 2007
We all knew this would happen. A solid 35-21 team that is on the bubble. Like Polk 2, as you said.

Of course we will go 1-2 in a road regional.
Yep. Glad the offense finally woke up. But that’s about the ceiling I see for this team.

WrapItDog

Aug 23, 2012
It's one weekend. Are there signs of life, yeah but let's face it, this isn't last years LSU team.
Yeah - 2 of 9 SEC wins last year were against last years LSU team. I'll keep sitting on my bucket a few more weeks before I decide if we need to go to the head coach bullpen.

leeinator

Feb 24, 2014
I don't care much about beating USA, I'll take beating the corndogs. Wins against USA mean nothing, losses to them don't mean a ton either.
Had we missed the basketball dance, we'd have easily pointed to the Southern loss and rightfully so. If we barely miss the baseball dance, we'll have to look no further than the double barrel loss to Austin Peay.

Reactions: Msuirondawgs

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
Had we missed the basketball dance, we'd have easily pointed to the Southern loss and rightfully so. If we barely miss the baseball dance, we'll have to look no further than the double barrel loss to Austin Peay.
When "ifs and buts" become candy and nuts, well all have a Merry Christmas.

Baseball is a different sport, losing to AFA has little impact, taking 2/3 from the corndogs has a huge impact.

Reactions: CochiseCowbell

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
Didn't we win the LSU series last year? They went on to win it all and we went on to win the crappy team award.

TaleofTwoDogs

Jun 1, 2004
Lemonis can wait a little bit longer. What strikes me is the Huevo factor finally showed itself with 41 hits and 33 runs during the series and it was not against some directional school. Haven't seen that in a while so maybe the light has finally come on in the dugout. We'll see.

Reactions: onewoof

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
Kinda like that year we got stomped two outta three at home by hindtit Missouri, then got absolutely embarrassed twice in Hoover, before we won the whole damn thing.

**** happens...
And two really ****** seasons that followed.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022

He needs 2 good seasons to be somewhat comfortable again. Go to Omaha this year but back in the cellar next year, he’s gone. Two regional appearances with little drama this year and next, he’s back in 2026. This year tanks, he’s not back in 2025. Those are the objective outcomes in every scenario over the long term.

What our alleged fans need to realize and accept are two things:

1) 2022-2023 is not MSU baseball and is not acceptable long term. Goes without saying.

2) This is the hard truth for many to see, but 2016-2021 is ALSO not MSU baseball over the long term. It sure as hell was fun. But that 5 year stretch, was, by far, the best it’s EVER been for MSU baseball. Better than Thunder and Lightning era. Better than the late 80’s / early 90’s run. Best ever….and against all odds, too. We had 4 different coaches over that 6 year / 5 season stretch, and were dead last in the SEC the year before it started. Was never sustainable over 10-15-20 years or longer. It’s really not sustainable anywhere….I doubt even LSU’s next 5 years looks like our 2016-2021 did. But that didn’t stop those expectations from rolling in.

Since Cohen mostly erased 15 years of horrid mismanagement in 2011ish, we became a program that could expect to be in a regional about 8 or 9 out of every 10 years, host maybe 3 or 4 times every 10 years, and maybe be a national seed once or twice every 10 years. That’s the norm that we need to restore right now.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login