Arkabutla Dam

Puppers

Oct 1, 2022
Anybody have good info on the situation with the dam and the Coldwater river?

WrapItDog

Aug 23, 2012
A crack was discovered in the concrete spillway during a routine inspection. The Corp is going to drop the lake level 18' which will take 3-4 weeks and inspect the spillway. No danger to people or property at this time. Stay tuned for the latest updates.

karlchilders.sixpack

Jun 5, 2008
A crack was discovered in the concrete spillway during a routine inspection. The Corp is going to drop the lake level 18' which will take 3-4 weeks and inspect the spillway. No danger to people or property at this time. Stay tuned for the latest updates.
Currently at 229, and plan to take it to 210. That is a lot of water, and rains yet to come.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
Currently at 229, and plan to take it to 210. That is a lot of water, and rains yet to come.
Spillway was opened wide open this morning. The Corp was kinda pissed at the National Weather Service for issuing the warning with zero details and causing alarm.

Going from 229 to 220 will take a while but once it hits 220 it goes really fast. The dam is not in any kind of imminent danger of failing.

karlchilders.sixpack

Jun 5, 2008
Spillway was opened wide open this morning. The Corp was kinda pissed at the National Weather Service for issuing the warning with zero details and causing alarm.

Going from 229 to 220 will take a while but once it hits 220 it goes really fast. The dam is not in any kind of imminent danger of failing.
The 210 came from a today news article. All I had to go by.

josebrown

Aug 4, 2008
All major dams will fail, doubt this one is on that list tho. Hoover gonna go for sure, 3 in China, One on the Nile, that I know of. Won’t be long. In the next month or so, maybe sooner. Rods of God gonna hit them. BTC mining and nuclear plants, satanic structures… White House x2(US and Germany), UK Royal castles, Buckingham, UN…Georgia Guidestones already gone…34 in total. I’ve got the list, if interested pm me… Watch the Water…

AstroDog

Oct 5, 2022
All major dams will fail, doubt this one is on that list tho. Hoover gonna go for sure, 3 in China, One on the Nile, that I know of. Won’t be long. In the next month or so, maybe sooner. Rods of God gonna hit them. BTC mining and nuclear plants, satanic structures… White House x2(US and Germany), UK Royal castles, Buckingham, UN…Georgia Guidestones already gone…34 in total. I’ve got the list, if interested pm me… Watch the Water…
Sounds like your Wild Turkey bottle may be at a low-level warning.

ababyatemydingo

Nov 27, 2008
Now, you know people are gonna bookmark this and run you outa here with shame, when your predictions don't come true. BTW, you're not supposed to drink the bong water

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
Y'all remember the predicted earth quake in 1991 (ish)? Dams bursting and all.
Y2K doom and gloom predictions have been my favorite for the last 23 years. Banks were going to fail, power grid was going to shut down, credit cards weren't going to work, vaults weren't going to open, gas pumps were going to be down. Not a damn thing happened

Reactions: jethreauxdawg

Lucifer Morningstar

Aug 30, 2022
Can you please leave me out of your craziness?

Johnnie Come Lately

Nov 4, 2022
Y'all remember the predicted earth quake in 1991 (ish)? Dams bursting and all.
I do. I was in 3rd grade and the whole thing scared the **** out of me. We did earthquake drills that entire fall semester and all the classrooms were stocked with emergency provisions, first aid kits, etc.

In hindsight, its seems crazy to me that people actually took that quack's production seriously. It was not just a case of scared kids - government, school, etc. officials prepared for the ordeal as if it were certain. All the women in my family packed up their fine china.

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
1683728936215.png

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
I do. I was in 3rd grade and the whole thing scared the **** out of me. We did earthquake drills that entire fall semester and all the classrooms were stocked with emergency provisions, first aid kits, etc.

In hindsight, its seems crazy to me that people actually took that quack's production seriously. It was not just a case of scared kids - government, school, etc. officials prepared for the ordeal as if it were certain. All the women in my family packed up their fine china.
I'd sorta forgotten about that, think I was in 3rd grade too. I remember doing at least one earthquake drill, although don't remember any emergency provisions in classrooms. This was in South Miss. Seems like about 1/2 of our class was out the day it was supposed to hit; my *** was there.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
Y2K doom and gloom predictions have been my favorite for the last 23 years. Banks were going to fail, power grid was going to shut down, credit cards weren't going to work, vaults weren't going to open, gas pumps were going to be down. Not a damn thing happened
Well, didn't Y2k go down without a hitch because people spent the time and money to update their systems to make sure they still worked? Or was that a scam by IT people to allow them to look intense while they played computer games at work for 6 months straight "fixing" the "system's" y2k issues.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
I'd sorta forgotten about that, think I was in 3rd grade too. I remember doing at least one earthquake drill, although don't remember any emergency provisions in classrooms. This was in South Miss. Seems like about 1/2 of our class was out the day it was supposed to hit; my *** was there.
We did more than one earthquake drill, and I think we actually had class outside for most of the one day that was predicted to be the likeliest day for it to happen (I actually think the prediction was that day would be the most intense earthquake if it did happen that day, which seems to make even less sense than trying to pinpoint a day for an earthquake to happen).

Makes a lot of the covid idiocy seem completely rational in comparison.

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
Well, didn't Y2k go down without a hitch because people spent the time and money to update their systems to make sure they still worked? Or was that a scam by IT people to allow them to look intense while they played computer games at work for 6 months straight "fixing" the "system's" y2k issues.
I can tell you this . Disney World wasn't sure they were ready. We were there at Y2K and they had 3,000 portable light towers rented and strategically placed and I don't know how many additional security people hired....just in case. Of course nothing happened but I sure appreciated their back up plans if there had been a glitch.

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
Your first sentence is what happened.

Reactions: PapaDawg

Dawghouse

Sep 14, 2011
Your first sentence is what happened.
Y2K caused the first IT boom in my opinion. I know a lot of people who made retirement type money in the few years leading up to it. I unfortunately was still at state and missed that gravy train.

Reactions: dorndawg
Jul 26, 2021

Don’t forget about AI..

robot destroy GIF by VICE En Español

Jul 26, 2021
We did more than one earthquake drill, and I think we actually had class outside for most of the one day that was predicted to be the likeliest day for it to happen (I actually think the prediction was that day would be the most intense earthquake if it did happen that day, which seems to make even less sense than trying to pinpoint a day for an earthquake to happen).

Makes a lot of the covid idiocy seem completely rational in comparison.

I remember as well. I was a 7th grader in the Delta, and we did multiple drills. I seem to remember there being a parade on the the day whoever predicted it would happen? Was it around Christmas?

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
I remember as well. I was a 7th grader in the Delta, and we did multiple drills. I seem to remember there being a parade on the the day whoever predicted it would happen? Was it around Christmas?
I would have guessed late in the spring semester but that’s based on remembering us playing outside and it being nice and sunny, but of course it could have easily been sunny and 75 degrees in December also.

turkish

Aug 22, 2012
I would have guessed late in the spring semester but that’s based on remembering us playing outside and it being nice and sunny, but of course it could have easily been sunny and 75 degrees in December also.
Nah, I specifically remember the climate concern being another Ice Age at that point in my childhood. ** kinda

Last edited:
Reactions: IBleedMaroonDawg

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
Seems like people would learn, but…..

AstroDog

Oct 5, 2022
Anybody have good info on the situation with the dam and the Coldwater river?
I was sitting in my lawn chair this past Saturday and all of a sudden, my chair and me started shaking, kind of like I was on top of jello for a second or two. Then it stopped. Really weird feeling. Found out today there was a small earthquake and some even smaller ones in the Memphis metro area. Apparently, some are saying it was responsible for the Arkabutla issue. I don't really know, but I guess it's possible. This whole area is not far from the New Madrid Fault Zone.

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
I was sitting in my lawn chair this past Saturday and all of a sudden, my chair and me started shaking, kind of like I was on top of jello for a second or two. Then it stopped. Really weird feeling. Found out today there was a small earthquake and some even smaller ones in the Memphis metro area. Apparently, some are saying it was responsible for the Arkabutla issue. I don't really know, but I guess it's possible. This whole area is not far from the New Madrid Fault Zone.
You just farted!
hot tub fart GIF

AstroDog

Oct 5, 2022
You just farted!
hot tub fart GIF
Don't think I've ever farted big enough to cause a sink hole, but I have let loose on some doozies! Especially when a big ole' SBD is released quietly in a crowded elevator. No one can pin it on you!

Last edited:
Jul 26, 2021
Iben Browning (I'll NEVER forget that dude's name)....December 2 & 3, 1990. The winter of my senior year of high school...half the school stayed home, and the rest of us had one of the strangest days of high school that I can remember.
Iben Browning (I'll NEVER forget that dude's name)....December 2 & 3, 1990. The winter of my senior year of high school...half the school stayed home, and the rest of us had one of the strangest days of high school that I can remember.
You have a better memory than me…granted you were a few years older. I had to look him up.

Iben Browning

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login