Arkansas kick set for 11am…

dawgnabit

Oct 13, 2016
Gross.... But this is where things are headed with TV having all the control. They have realized the ratings are much better in the day time so they are putting the better games at noon ET slot. LSU-Tennessee being 11 also sucks.

Edit: The real crime is CBS taking the UGA Auburn game to air a murder on primetime tv

Last edited:

MSUDC11

Aug 23, 2012
That might be the single dumbest TV schedule I have ever seen. Tennessee-LSU AND State-Arkansas at 11 am while Ole Miss-Vandy and Kentucky-South Carolina get good time slots is a joke. I get the Bama-A&M thing but why on God’s green earth would anyone want to watch Auburn at Georgia this year? That game literally could have an 80-0 final score and I would not be surprised.

The CBS TV contract cannot expire soon enough.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
Gross.... But this is where things are headed with TV having all the control. They have realized the ratings are much better in the day time so they are putting the better games at noon ET slot. LSU-Tennessee being 11 also sucks.

Edit: The real crime is CBS taking the UGA Auburn game to air a murder on primetime tv

Wait, are we about to only have one prime time game at night and the rest of the games get put in the daytime? That is going to royally suck if that's really what's going on.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
When it’s a CBS doubleheader the 2:30 CBS time slot is the third pick. CBS took the Bama game and then ESPN took UT LSU second.

patdog

May 28, 2007
That makes sense then. State-Arkansas would have been a better game to pick for 2:30. But 2 historically power programs vs 2 historically not and 16.8M population vs 6.0M seals the deal for UGA-AU.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008

Wait, you are saying the 11am central time is now coveted?

maroonmania

Feb 23, 2008
11 am kickoffs pretty much kill your home field advantage. Its almost like playing on a neutral field.

columbiadawg2

Feb 2, 2010
I really wish the SEC Network could get the 3 Dave's back together for that 11 a.m. kick time slot.

Mjoelner

Sep 2, 2006
Wish Cohen could/would tell them to get 17'd and that we're playing at 6pm even if they put us on ESPN+. Opposite LSU/Tenn and Texas/OK, we would have the same number of people (or more) watching us on + at 6pm than we're going to have on the SECN at 11 against those other 2 games.

Bill Shankly

Nov 27, 2020
Wish Cohen could/would tell them to get 17'd and that we're playing at 6pm even if they put us on ESPN+. Opposite LSU/Tenn and Texas/OK, we would have the same number of people (or more) watching us on + at 6pm than we're going to have on the SECN at 11 against those other 2 games.
We play when they tell us to play, they pay the bills.

RocketDawg

Oct 21, 2011

I don't really think it is. We're at 11 because we're not ranked, lost badly to LSU, and Arkansas even though ranked, is coming off a loss they should have won.

Jujudawg

Mar 3, 2008
Horrible, unnatural, ungodly. All football should be played at night as the good Lord intended.

Maroonthirteen

Aug 22, 2012
We play when they tell us to play, they pay the bills.

No way! When did this start happening?*

The point is, the atmosphere at games is suffering. College towns lose money because of
Less fans. On and on. It would seem at some point both tv and the conference will want to keep fans coming to games. I think......

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
I get keeping A&M vs Alabama clear, but did we really need a clear timeslot for Vandy and Ole Miss, South Carolina and Kentucky, or the absolute skull dragging that is going to take place in Athens?

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
I don't really think it is. We're at 11 because we're not ranked, lost badly to LSU, and Arkansas even though ranked, is coming off a loss they should have won.

The poster I responded to claimed 11am central is a covered time and more appealing than night games.
That claim surprised me.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
I was planning on either this weekend or next but can't make either now. Can't do auburn either now.

dog12

Sep 15, 2016
Horrible, unnatural, ungodly. All football should be played at night as the good Lord intended.

I have the exact opposite opinion: All SPORTS, including football, should be played in the daytime as God intended.

That being said, I will make an exception for football games played in August and before September 20.

dawgnabit

Oct 13, 2016

It is for ESPN. Maybe not the SEC Network. I haven't seen yet who is on the main ESPN for the 6:30 slot that day but it's probably not as marquee as LSU-Tennessee. Ratings are generally (not always) higher at the 11am coming off College Gametime than the night slot. I guess generally speaking people are out at dinner or doing stuff Saturday night as opposed to 11am. That's why FOX is investing so much into the Big Noon Kickoff.

kired

Aug 22, 2008
while Ole Miss-Vandy and Kentucky-South Carolina get good time slots is a joke.

UM, KY, and USC all play at 11am this weekend. My best guess is they don't want to make anyone play back-to-back 11am games. Don't know if that's an official rule or not

dog12

Sep 15, 2016
Lame..

[TWEET]1574443695641862144[/TWEET]

Okay . . . I'm going to ask the question: What is wrong with an 11:00 AM kickoff?

As a fan, I like early kickoffs. The game is over by 2:30 PM, and you have the rest of the day/night to do whatever you like.

And, if I were a player, then I'd really like kicking off at 11:00 AM. Again, we get the game out of the way and have the rest of the day/night to celebrate victory (hopefully).

Night kickoff? Either as a player or a fan, I'm just 17'ing sitting around all day waiting for the game to start. 17 that boredom.

Last edited:

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
If you're tailgating for an 11:00 kick it means having to be there from wherever you live, unloaded, and out of the Junction before 8:00 to park. Then it means sitting there twiddling your fingers after the game for a couple hours until they unblock the streets so you can go get your vehicle and load it. Then you have however long a drive it is back home after sitting in the sun and drinking baseball waters all day. I live in Brandon and so to get there and unloaded before 8:00 means leaving home no later than 5:30 a.m. (that's after going to a high school game on Friday night). It means getting home about 8:00 p.m. taking a shower and going to bed for me. IT SUCKS!

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
If you're tailgating for an 11:00 kick it means having to be there from wherever you live, unloaded, and out of the Junction before 8:00 to park. Then it means sitting there twiddling your fingers after the game for a couple hours until they unblock the streets so you can go get your vehicle and load it. Then you have however long a drive it is back home after sitting in the sun and drinking baseball waters all day. I live in Brandon and so to get there and unloaded before 8:00 means leaving home no later than 5:30 a.m. (that's after going to a high school game on Friday night). It means getting home about 8:00 p.m. taking a shower and going to bed for me. IT SUCKS!

Sounds like you'll be all rested up to be at church Sunday morning, then.***

Maroonthirteen

Aug 22, 2012
Some thing to keep in mind too.... Cohen has said publicly that State fans on average travel further than most sec fans. With Jackson and Desoto county being the largest population centers near by, I would imagine 2 hour travel time is standard for many. Now that's not a problem for me, being old and waking up at 5am. However for anyone coming with me, 8am departure time is a tough sell.

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
Okay . . . I'm going to ask the question: What is wrong with an 11:00 AM kickoff?

As a fan, I like early kickoffs. The game is over by 2:30 PM, and you have the rest of the day/night to do whatever you like.

And, if I were a player, then I'd really like kicking off at 11:00 AM. Again, we get the game out of the way and have the rest of the day/night to celebrate victory (hopefully).

Night kickoff? Either as a player or a fan, I'm just 17'ing sitting around all day waiting for the game to start. 17 that boredom.

If you go to the games, 11 am games are hard, unless you live in Starkville or close by. Just my opinion but I’d rather drive back to Jackson late at night than have to wake up early and rush out, especially with kids. If you’re sitting at home, I agree nothing wrong with the 11 slot.

ll Martain ll

Oct 5, 2014
I tend to do stuff on Saturdays in the morning and into the afternoon, especially in September before it gets too hot. Once it's nicer out in October/November, I'm outside as much as possible during daylight hours. I prefer night games because by then it's dark and I'm usually home and flipping around whatever night games are on.

In the age of DVR, 11am kicks aren't my preference but they also don't really bother me. I just stay off of social media and watch whenever I get home.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007

I can see where is a Really a big pain in the *** for the guys who come to the game and tailgate but for those of us who don't live there or aren't able to come to games there, 11 AM games can actually be easier when you wanna watch the whole day of college football as a fan

woozman

Nov 13, 2004

I’m assuming that you don’t go to the games. 11:00 kick sucks because tailgating is pretty much out the window unless you tailgate afterwards, which doesn’t work if you live 4-hrs away like our group…

Eleven Bravo

Aug 31, 2018
No way! When did this start happening?*

The point is, the atmosphere at games is suffering. College towns lose money because of
Less fans. On and on. It would seem at some point both tv and the conference will want to keep fans coming to games. I think......

Not sure about what the conference wants-but the tv folks want maximum viewers watching games from their TV sets at home. It seems that the schools themselves are the ones who want butts in the seats. I never thought I would ever say this, but I’m losing interest in college football every day that passes. I didn’t miss a MSU home football game for 36 years except the day when my daughter was born. I gave up buying season tickets and attending games 3 years ago. It’s a 220 mile one-way trip from my house to Davis Wade, and my 68 year-old *** had to give it up. Saved me $10,000/year, minimum and my *** isn’t exhausted on Sunday afternoons and Mondays. This pay-for-play and unrestricted free agency we’re experiencing in college football these days doesn’t have the same appeal for me as it did back when players were getting paid under the table. I still make the Bulldog Club donations, but I know in my heart that we cannot compete in this NIL situation nonsense. I would rather buy a 100 inch flatscreen and watch at home. If/when we suck I can simply change over to the Western Channel or Grit TV and watch Randolph Scott/Audie Murphy/John Wayne. Those guys never disappoint and they always come out winners lol

tenureplan

Dec 3, 2008
Noon kick lets me see the game and do a date night. Albeit date night sucks if we lose. Now the Mrs. has thrown a new monkey wrench where October means fall festivals in the mountains and I miss the game no matter what time it is because I am shopping for pottery, So 17 me, 17 you, washington redskins.

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012

You're not tailgating or going to games if you feel this way. 11 AM kickoffs ruin the entire day. And the September/early October games are brutally uncomfortable.

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
Noon kick lets me see the game and do a date night. Albeit date night sucks if we lose. Now the Mrs. has thrown a new monkey wrench where October means fall festivals in the mountains and I miss the game no matter what time it is because I am shopping for pottery, So 17 me, 17 you, washington redskins.
And with a record of 2.358 bazillion to zero and still undefeated, with a first round knockout, ******!

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login