Arnett’s address

karlchilders.sixpack

Jun 5, 2008
They will post the transcript on that on SEC Conference, Media Days Central.
NOt sure it is out there yet.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
This is what I imagine not watching it.
Lion Roaring Aruchuta GIF - Lion Roaring Aruchuta Garginchuta GIFs

AstroDog

Oct 5, 2022
Sounded ok to me. Pretty much straight forward. No nonsense and didn't give any secrets away. Pretty much the same info sharing that has Stevo's 247 panties in a wad over at GenespageLand.

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
He probably discussed more actual football than Leach did in all of his State interviews combined. I’m not going to lie, I missed the dinosaur conversations during media days, (not after we scored 0 points), but it was refreshing to hear a little X’s and O’s talk. One big piece was he said Barbay was hired because in his interview he said he didn’t know what his offense was going to look like because he hasn’t evaluated our players yet. That’s going to depend on the best 11 players available.

Reactions: retire the banner

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
He probably discussed more actual football than Leach did in all of his State interviews combined. I’m not going to lie, I missed the dinosaur conversations during media days, (not after we scored 0 points), but it was refreshing to hear a little X’s and O’s talk. One big piece was he said Barbay was hired because in his interview he said he didn’t know what his offense was going to look like because he hasn’t evaluated our players yet. That’s going to depend on the best 11 players available.
This is refreshing to hear because I got tired very quick of the candy corn, fat little girlfriend, wedding, type questions from idiot reporters. Leach was a real gift to outside the norm kind of conversation, but, there was a time and place for it. It drove me insane in post game interviews, halftime comments on the way to the locker room, etc to hear the reporters bait him and then him actually take the bait. I really enjoyed it on Thrs night call in show, Monday interviews, off season interviews, other coaches stories, etc but otherwise it was a circus act

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
1 strain reference
94 ah-iiight's
The "alrights" were out of control. After I heard the first couple I couldn't not hear the rest of them. I had never noticed it before but from now on I'm afraid it will always be the first thing I notice.

QuadrupleOption

Aug 21, 2012
This is refreshing to hear because I got tired very quick of the candy corn, fat little girlfriend, wedding, type questions from idiot reporters. Leach was a real gift to outside the norm kind of conversation, but, there was a time and place for it. It drove me insane in post game interviews, halftime comments on the way to the locker room, etc to hear the reporters bait him and then him actually take the bait. I really enjoyed it on Thrs night call in show, Monday interviews, off season interviews, other coaches stories, etc but otherwise it was a circus act
I had the opposite reaction. I appreciated that he didn't engage in a bunch of BS coachspeak every interview. We all know these coaches aren't going to say anything that gives bulletin board material (if they can help it) or gives anything away prior to the season.

So 95% of the questions are the same, all the answers are the same, and there's no real reason to listen or watch these interviews because they are so cookie-cutter.

Reactions: stateu1
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login