Arnett is to Kiffin, as Carmody was to Felker. nm

HumpDawgy

Apr 6, 2010
If they get Golding to keep recruiting and Arnett to call the defense, then they will be a problem.

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
I'm old enough but apparently not smart enough .

Same here. So what did Carmody do or not do to Felker?

tcdog70

Sep 24, 2012
Caromody went to Ole Miss I think as DC at one time and also USM as head Coach. Bob Tyler at one time was the heir apparent for Ole Miss then later we hired HIm

patdog

May 28, 2007
Caromody went to Ole Miss I think as DC at one time and also USM as head Coach. Bob Tyler at one time was the heir apparent for Ole Miss then later we hired HIm
Pretty sure Carmody coached two stints each at State, Mississippi and Southern Miss. He was a good defensive coach.

was21

May 29, 2007
Yes. Tyler was hired by Shira as OC. Then Shira moved to AD and Tyler became HC. Vaught wanted Tyler to succeed him but the OM good old boys had to keep it in the family and hired a Kinard instead. Tyler bolted to bama after that and then Shira hired him.

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
I refreshed my memory vIa Wiki. I guess the reference is to the fact, Carmody was DC at State in 89-90. Left when Sherrill was hired, and was hired by OM as an assistant.

So I guess the reference is Carmody was to Sherrill as Arnett may be to Lebby???

However very similar to 91, Sherrill staff was totally different and I'm not sure what Carmody had to offer as far as intel. Fast forward to today, with the transfer portal, a totally new staff and offense, I'm not sure if anything Arnett can contribute (regarding MSU) to OM as an off the field analyst.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login