Arnett speaks re Rogers & Marks injuries

patdog

May 28, 2007
“We gave them limited reps last week because they have played the vast majority of the snaps and every single guy on the roster is on a day-to-day evaluation," Arnett said. "Everyone is who cleared to play, will play. If they are not, they will not."

Reading between the lines, they’re both playing

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
“We gave them limited reps last week because they have played the vast majority of the snaps and every single guy on the roster is on a day-to-day evaluation," Arnett said. "Everyone is who cleared to play, will play. If they are not, they will not."

LOL I just read on another board that the serious "scoop" is Rogers won't be back until USM.

• Haha
Reactions: patdog

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012

Someone told me that he also refused to confirm whether Rogers got any reps at all last week.

The coy BS isn't helping him. He's already on thin ice.

ETK99

Jul 30, 2019

He's gone full Lemonis

patdog

May 28, 2007
LOL I just read on another board that the serious "scoop" is Rogers won't be back until USM.
Truth is, nobody knows. I do know when he came back out of the locker room, they didn't even put his arm in a sling. I have way too much experience with shoulder injuries (two rotator cuff surgeries), and it didn't look to me like it was a serious injury. That's my jump to conclusions totally non-expert opinion. I think he plays at least some Saturday.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
Truth is, nobody knows. I do know when he came back out of the locker room, they didn't even put his arm in a sling. I have way too much experience with shoulder injuries (two rotator cuff surgeries), and it didn't look to me like it was a serious injury. That's my jump to conclusions totally non-expert opinion. I think he plays at least some Saturday.
Agreed. I think they will give him a go just to see.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022

Marks, maybe.

Rogers could have gotten red jersey practice reps and be perfectly ready to play a 2-hand touch game. But he might not yet be cleared for contact.

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
The coy BS regarding injuries is standard college coachspeak. Its not new or different now than it was under Leach or Mullen.
So just say "I'm not going to discuss injuries" like those guys did. I'm not expecting him to break news during a game week when it would be disadvantageous for him to do so. Being cute about it doesn't serve him well at all, when almost everything else under his control is currently a dumpster fire.

Reactions: PhredPhantom

thekimmer

Aug 30, 2012
Any starting QB is an injury from losing his starting job permanently. If the team plays better with Wright then Will might not start again. But then again, Wright can't play defense so it prolly won't matter.

RiverCityDawg

Dec 30, 2009

Lol, I read between the lines the complete opposite, but maybe that was confirmation bias since I don't think they're playing. At least, Rogers.

You typically don't avoid saying a guy is healthy when he's healthy.

Reactions: Ozarkdawg

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
I don't like the bs. If he was out for 3 weeks I think he would say that. They are trying to play games and Leach would have simply.said " We don't discuss injuries" instead of dancing around. It was his left shoulder and I don't think there is any issue.

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
I don't like the bs. If he was out for 3 weeks I think he would say that. They are trying to play games and Leach would have simply.said " We don't discuss injuries" instead of dancing around. It was his left shoulder and I don't think there is any issue.
I think you're going to be disappointed.

StateCollege

Oct 17, 2022
Someone told me that he also refused to confirm whether Rogers got any reps at all last week.

The coy BS isn't helping him. He's already on thin ice.
What? Why would he give Arkansas that information? Make them have to prepare for both QBs. These things are best kept from the public.

We can be upset at how Arnett’s tenure has gone so far without nitpicking every little thing.

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
Question: What makes you confident that your guys will come out and dominate the back half of the season?

Arnett: I just think we’re competitors. Both in the locker room and in the coaching staff.

Don;t even know what to think about that response.

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
What? Why would he give Arkansas that information? Make them have to prepare for both QBs. These things are best kept from the public.

We can be upset at how Arnett’s tenure has gone so far without nitpicking every little thing.
There are less-douchy ways to do it without giving Arkansas too much info.

• Sad
Reactions: MagnoliaHunter

DAWGSANDSAINTS

Oct 10, 2022

Agree.
No need to let the media or fans know.
If the media knows, Arkansas knows.
Not that it will matter one bit.

Reactions: SorryDog

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
I sat next to the reporter from the Columbus paper on a flight a few years ago. We had a good laugh about the infamous Dan Mullen "We don't discuss injuries" meeting with the press.

As opposed to Jackie Wayne that would be saying right now "Will has a shoulder and Woody has an ankle"

Reactions: patdog

StateCollege

Oct 17, 2022
I'm sure their DC is freaked out wondering how to prepare for the possibility Mike Wright might start the game
Seriously? What a needless and reductive post. You think the DC is gonna just say “Eh, Wright sucks. No need to gameplan for him.”

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
Seriously? What a needless and reductive post. You think the DC is gonna just say “Eh, Wright sucks. No need to gameplan for him.”
What a needless and reductive comment. Do you think they spent an extra day on the plan revisions ??

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login