Arnett tweeted his recruiting gif. Got another?**

QuadrupleOption

Aug 21, 2012
Now we just need to have somebody post that they can't get excited about recruiting this far out from signing day.
I just can't get excited about recruiting this far our from signing day.

Rachel Dratch Television GIF by Saturday Night Live

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
The days of us having big time signing day classes are long gone . I think however, if (huge if) our coaches really understand how we have to build teams going forward, we can still win our share of games and have a good program.

DAWGSANDSAINTS

Oct 10, 2022
I don’t know if he can recruit or not.
Not sure how many guys he was responsible for the last 3 years under Leach in getting them to campus.
Not even sure if he will be a good or great HC, or a bust.
What I do know is this.
The first time I heard Vic Shaffer speak at a function before he even coached a game at Miss State, I said to several people that I wish he was the men’s coach.
I thought he was that good just from his demeanor, his passion and his words.
I felt close to the same way when I heard Arnett speak to a large Alumni group just recently.
If ZA does half as well as Vic, then I’d say we have a pretty dang good football coach.

TXDawg.sixpack

Apr 10, 2009
I don’t know if he can recruit or not.
Not sure how many guys he was responsible for the last 3 years under Leach in getting them to campus.
Not even sure if he will be a good or great HC, or a bust.
What I do know is this.
The first time I heard Vic Shaffer speak at a function before he even coached a game at Miss State, I said to several people that I wish he was the men’s coach.
I thought he was that good just from his demeanor, his passion and his words.
I felt close to the same way when I heard Arnett speak to a large Alumni group just recently.
If ZA does half as well as Vic, then I’d say we have a pretty dang good football coach.
I'd agree with this. I was very impressed with both Arnett and Selmon at the Road Dawgs Tour in Houston.

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007
The days of us having big time signing day classes are long gone . I think however, if (huge if) our coaches really understand how we have to build teams going forward, we can still win our share of games and have a good program.
I’m not sure how much “big time signing day classes” matter outside of about half a dozen programs. Even then it matters bigly who their coach is at the time. See Saban, Nick and Smart, Kirby. Also, see Nutt, Houston and Orgeron, Ed.

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
Probly gonna wind up at safety. Very athletic. Played several positions, even looking at QB this year.

DawgieDust

Nov 6, 2017
Everyone is a 3 star in today's landscape on the low end. You don't see the 2 stars any longer as years past. Some recruiting services got burned when some 2 stars showed out in college. So they fixed that to some degree with the just give them a 3 star system.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
I’m not sure how much “big time signing day classes” matter outside of about half a dozen programs. Even then it matters bigly who their coach is at the time. See Saban, Nick and Smart, Kirby. Also, see Nutt, Houston and Orgeron, Ed.
Classes that those school sign almost look like a future NFL roster. I read somewhere were almost every athlete listed in the ESPN Top 100 had or was signed by just six schools.

Reactions: eckie1
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login