Arnette/Sexton

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
If he does leave, I have not looked but there is a chance we have had more different head football coaches in the past 8 years than we have had in the previous 30.

Reactions: Dawg84

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
He already has a 3 year contract. Only one reason to hire Sexton. Surely he isn't stupid enough to demand more money here....lol. He knows he is gone

Reactions: Doghaus

Indndawg

Nov 16, 2005
He already has a 3 year contract. Only one reason to hire Sexton. Surely he isn't stupid enough to demand more money here....lol. He knows he is gone
Again, I have heard that he's basically been told he's not being rehired unless there's a dramatic turn of events

KingBarkus

May 1, 2006
There are 2 phone conversations I want transcripts of.
1. Sexton to Arnett after the year.
2. Sexton to our AD.

There is no way we should extend him. There is no way he should get a raise.

I hope if ZA is 4-8 we will tell him (ZA) he is not being retained.

RiverCityDawg

Dec 30, 2009
Again, I have heard that he's basically been told he's not being rehired unless there's a dramatic turn of events
Wut? You don't get "rehired" when you're already the coach. Maybe you meant "retained", but even then there's no way he's been told that halfway through the year with a 3-3 record.

Honestly you shouldn't have to. Everyone, Arnett included, should know he's gone if we continue down this 4-8 path.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
I don't think there's any way this is true. Too many winnable games left on the schedule at this time.
Of course it's not. It's already been shown that the OP's message was old. And no AD in his right mind is talking about firing the guy right now. I'm sure a few boosters are though as they sit around and BS, just like they were in 2013 talking about Hud. @Indndawg is FOS, just like they were.

Reactions: patdog

patdog

May 28, 2007
I'll give Patdog winnable games. Not games I expect us to win, but games that could possibly be won.
Exactly. I don't think we'll be favored in any of these games. But it's not a huge leap to think we could win any of these games: Kentucky, Arkansas, Auburn, Mississippi. I think we'll win one of those plus USM to finish 5-7 (ESPN's FPI projects us at 5.3-6.7). And no way Arnett is getting fired at 5-7.

Reactions: Darryl Steight

ckDOG

Dec 11, 2007
Exactly. I don't think we'll be favored in any of these games. But it's not a huge leap to think we could win any of these games: Kentucky, Arkansas, Auburn, Mississippi. I think we'll win one of those plus USM to finish 5-7 (ESPN's FPI projects us at 5.3-6.7). And no way Arnett is getting fired at 5-7.
Yep his fate will be determined in that stretch. Those are all winnable in the context of a well-coached team with okay-ish talent. The schedule is more than reasonable to manage a solid 7 wins. Definitely easier than a typical SECW years.

I have a good feeling we are going O-fer though and I'll be officially on board the Fire Arnett campaign - even though he's not going to get canned even at 4-8. Our leadership will shift goal posts from "he's the stability guy" to "you have to give him time to install his approach" at season's end.

Hope to be embarrassingly wrong and for most of us to have to eat crow after he knocks off a 2-3 of those and we continue the bowl steak.

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
I agree ckdog. I doubt they are gonna fire him. They hand picked this whole staff and they will be given plenty of time to right the ship. Or sink it. Whichever. And unless our defense improves miraculously I don't know why anyone is expecting to win a SEC game. Which of those teams are we gonna outscore ? Cause we couldn't stop WM. What SEC team has a weaker offense than Western Michigan ???

TPIPER36

May 19, 2023
We need to move on asap. We need to go ahead and find a new coach after this season. I don’t care if he wins 6 to sneak into a toilet bowl. He’s still in way over his head, and needs to be gone

TPIPER36

May 19, 2023
I agree ckdog. I doubt they are gonna fire him. They hand picked this whole staff and they will be given plenty of time to right the ship. Or sink it. Whichever. And unless our defense improves miraculously I don't know why anyone is expecting to win a SEC game. Which of those teams are we gonna outscore ? Cause we couldn't stop WM. What SEC team has a weaker offense than Western Michigan ?
Find a real head coach then. Why stick with this ********

Reactions: Ibdancin

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
I agree ckdog. I doubt they are gonna fire him. They hand picked this whole staff and they will be given plenty of time to right the ship. Or sink it. Whichever. And unless our defense improves miraculously I don't know why anyone is expecting to win a SEC game. Which of those teams are we gonna outscore ? Cause we couldn't stop WM. What SEC team has a weaker offense than Western Michigan ???
Or... flip that. What defenses are as bad as USCe and WMU's?

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login