Arrest warrant issued for GA player at scene of the fatal crash back in January.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Funny how so many will say, "ItS a ShAmE wHaT tHe YoUnG mAn DiDz!!11" as if to apply some respect. These overgrown KIDS are just plumb idiots. Don't care if it's entitlement or whatever, there's no excuse to be doing this kind of dumb sh*t. Same with that idiot clown on Alabama's basketball team.

We've all done dumb sh*t. But this stuff these athletes get into takes the cake. How in the holy hell do you NOT know better. Unless you're just an extreme level of moron.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
Man. How much money is UGA going to have to pay for having an employee kill a student in a drunk driving accident. Going to be hard for them to even fight it b/c if there was a staffer at a strip club with players at 2am, there is probably lots of stuff they don't want coming out in discovery.

I wonder if UGA is immune beyond some cap like Mississippi governmentla entities are.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Funny how so many will say, "ItS a ShAmE wHaT tHe YoUnG mAn DiDz!!11" as if to apply some respect. These overgrown KIDS are just plumb idiots. Don't care if it's entitlement or whatever, there's no excuse to be doing this kind of dumb sh*t. Same with that idiot clown on Alabama's basketball team.

We've all done dumb sh*t. But this stuff these athletes get into takes the cake. How in the holy hell do you NOT know better. Unless you're just an extreme level of moron.
Nothing good happens when you're at the strip club after midnight. And nothing good happens when you drink your BAC above about .12 (could definitely argue lower than that).

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
No DUI charge apparently. The consequences will be minor, right or not.
There may be some financial consequences. If there is evidence that they were racing, I'm guessing that is going to subject him for liability for any passenger killed. Even if the deceased player agreed to engage in racing or encouraged it, can't imagine there is going to be evidence of it, unless Carter testifies that they all agreed to race before they left, which is going to hammer him if it's not successful at cutting off the suit all together.

Shmuley

Mar 6, 2008
Man. How much money is UGA going to have to pay for having an employee kill a student in a drunk driving accident. Going to be hard for them to even fight it b/c if there was a staffer at a strip club with players at 2am, there is probably lots of stuff they don't want coming out in discovery.

I wonder if UGA is immune beyond some cap like Mississippi governmentla entities are.
Georgia's cap is $50k property damage, $500k single person injury/death, $700k more than one injury/death. And, unlike Mississippi, there is no waiver of sovereign immunity cap up to limit of private insurance coverage maintained by the political sub. The caps are hard and fast regardless of private liability insurance limits.

MSUDAWGFAN

Apr 17, 2014
Nothing good happens when you're at the strip club after midnight (unless you are in the champagne room). And nothing good happens when you drink your BAC above about .12 (could definitely argue lower than that)

FIFY.

Reactions: patdog

Boom Boom

Sep 29, 2022
There may be some financial consequences. If there is evidence that they were racing, I'm guessing that is going to subject him for liability for any passenger killed. Even if the deceased player agreed to engage in racing or encouraged it, can't imagine there is going to be evidence of it, unless Carter testifies that they all agreed to race before they left, which is going to hammer him if it's not successful at cutting off the suit all together.
I don't know, not a lawyer, but I would think liability rests alone with the other driver. He didn't make her race or drive drunk. She chose it.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
I don't know, not a lawyer, but I would think liability rests alone with the other driver. He didn't make her race or drive drunk. She chose it.
Schmuley can probably say for certain, but I believe if they were acting in concert in a reckless/dangerous activity like street racing, they are joint tortfeasors with full joint and several liability, even if only one car actually caused damage. If it had been a non-passenger that was injured, I think he'd be at huge risk. With it being a passenger, I'd guess it will come down to the question of whether the passenger knowingly assumed the risk of street racing by getting into the car, or whether the racing was a surprise to him. Which of course, there likely isn't anybody that can weigh in on that issue except for possibly Carter himself, unless the dead passenger was talking to people about racing when they left, which seems unlikely.

Boom Boom

Sep 29, 2022
Schmuley can probably say for certain, but I believe if they were acting in concert in a reckless/dangerous activity like street racing, they are joint tortfeasors with full joint and several liability, even if only one car actually caused damage. If it had been a non-passenger that was injured, I think he'd be at huge risk. With it being a passenger, I'd guess it will come down to the question of whether the passenger knowingly assumed the risk of street racing by getting into the car, or whether the racing was a surprise to him. Which of course, there likely isn't anybody that can weigh in on that issue except for possibly Carter himself, unless the dead passenger was talking to people about racing when they left, which seems unlikely.
Ok, but I think it also matters if the passenger knowingly got In a car with a drunk driver. Gotta be assumed that a drunk driver will make poor decisions, like racing.

Pilgrimdawg

Aug 30, 2018
Always told my kids that nothing good happens after 10 o’clock at night. Of course they would just roll their eyes. Now that they are adults I have heard them say the same thing. They act like they aren’t listening, But they really are.

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
The guy left the scene. That's all he did wrong. The drunk *** driver that crashed and died was the one responsible for all this. Slap on the wrist and a hit in the draft is all he'll get. But he's got to live with it.

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
Always told my kids that nothing good happens after 10 o’clock at night. Of course they would just roll their eyes. Now that they are adults I have heard them say the same thing. They act like they aren’t listening, But they really are.
My grandmother told my teenage *** "only thing open after midnight is Taco Bell and legs. And both will create all kinds of bad ****"

Reactions: Pilgrimdawg

patdog

May 28, 2007
The guy left the scene. That's all he did wrong. The drunk *** driver that crashed and died was the one responsible for all this. Slap on the wrist and a hit in the draft is all he'll get. But he's got to live with it.
Not a lawyer, but I suspect if you were racing and someone in the other car died in the crash, you've probably got some liability there, at least civically and probably criminally as well. Supposedly, all he's facing right now is misdemeanor charges, and I agree he will get a slap on the wrist and some NFL team will draft him in an early round.

But damn, to me, leaving the scene of the crash when your friends are dying says a lot about a person's character. That's a guy I wouldn't want to be around under any circumstances.

Reactions: Seinfeld

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
Not a lawyer, but I suspect if you were racing and someone in the other car died in the crash, you've probably got some liability there, at least civically and probably criminally as well. Supposedly, all he's facing right now is misdemeanor charges, and I agree he will get a slap on the wrist and some NFL team will draft him in an early round.

But damn, to me, leaving the scene of the crash when your friends are dying says a lot about a person's character. That's a guy I wouldn't want to be around under any circumstances.
Cop in Hburg got arrested for something similar. But can't remember the ruling. Little different situation though.
He's not likely to see any or much jail time.

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006

And believe me, this stuff matters to NFL scouts in spite of what some like to say. For example, let’s ask the Tennessee Titans if they’re interested in repeating the Isaiah Wilson disaster this year

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login