As an NFL fan, which surprises you the most?

saturdaysarebetter

Jun 28, 2018
Which of the following facts do you find the most surprising as an NFL fan?

Atlanta zero Super Bowl wins
Buffalo zero Super Bowl wins
Cincinnati zero Super Bowl wins
Cleveland zero Super Bowl appearances
Dallas zero Super Bowl appearances the past 30 years
Detroit zero Super Bowl appearances
Miami zero Super Bowl wins the past 50 years
Minnesota zero Super Bowl wins
New York Jets zero Super Bowl appearances the past 50 years
The Chargers zero Super Bowl wins
The Raiders zero Super Bowl wins the past 40 years

Which surprises you the most?

Psu00

Oct 12, 2021
I’d say Dallas only because they have the hype and money that I assumed they make it back to the Super Bowl at least once in those 30 years.

Second, I’d say is both Miami and the Raiders disappearing from their glory days in the 70s/ 80s.

Reactions: saturdaysarebetter

Keyser Soze 16802

Oct 12, 2021
Most surprising to me is the Eagles actually winning one.....I was sure I would go to my grave still waiting for one after so many near misses in the McNabb era....and 1980....and 1991

PSUJam

Oct 7, 2021
What surprised me the most is while looking back through some of these franchises I found that the oldest NFL franchise is actually the Arizona Cardinals, est. 1920. I would've never guessed.

Midnighter

Oct 7, 2021
All of the 'never won a SB' teams are surprising given all the effort to level the playing field. As bad as the NFL is, CFB is worse.

WEP6-12

Nov 1, 2021
Which of the following facts do you find the most surprising as an NFL fan?

Atlanta zero Super Bowl wins
Buffalo zero Super Bowl wins
Cincinnati zero Super Bowl wins
Cleveland zero Super Bowl appearances
Dallas zero Super Bowl appearances the past 30 years
Detroit zero Super Bowl appearances
Miami zero Super Bowl wins the past 50 years
Minnesota zero Super Bowl wins
New York Jets zero Super Bowl appearances the past 50 years
The Chargers zero Super Bowl wins
The Raiders zero Super Bowl wins the past 40 years

Which surprises you the most?

Dallas

LBU11

Oct 13, 2021
What surprised me the most is while looking back through some of these franchises I found that the oldest NFL franchise is actually the Arizona Cardinals, est. 1920. I would've never guessed.
Cardinals actually go back to 1898 before they joined the Bears as charter members of the NFL in 1920. Green Bay joined the NFL in 1921.

Reactions: saturdaysarebetter

PSUJam

Oct 7, 2021
Cardinals actually go back to 1898 before they joined the Bears as charter members of the NFL in 1920. Green Bay joined the NFL in 1921.
That's killer round trip train ride from Phoenix to Chicago for a game. I really would have thought it started more regionally.

Reactions: LionJim

s1uggo72

Oct 12, 2021
and they are cheaten' SOB's!

s1uggo72

Oct 12, 2021
That's killer round trip train ride from Phoenix to Chicago for a game. I really would have thought it started more regionally.
they started in Chicago, moved to St Louis than to Phoenix off the top of my head. They are the beneficiaries of a 1925 Championship that the NFL stole from the rightful owners, the Pottsville Maroons! They have no class and should have returned it to the rightful winners.

Reactions: PSUJam

kgilbert78

Oct 25, 2021
Currently, one of my surprises is they Browns. The Haslams do know how to win championships. They've won two MLS cups in four years with Columbus plus a bunch of other shiny trophies. But they've been clowns with the Browns.

Nittany1865Farmer

Oct 12, 2021
To answer the original question, it might be the Bills --- they were great during the Jim "I'm not a LB" Kelly era and the Josh Allen era has had near misses
Beat me to it. It's not like Buffalo didn't have any talent. They have been on the big stage numerous times, they just can't finish the job when the hot spotlight is shining on them. How many other teams can boast they went four straight years to the Super Bowl? but since then they haven't been back, though they have been close..

Latest posts

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login