As bad as I hate STATE losing in anything, the baseball…

DAWGSANDSAINTS

Oct 10, 2022
team losses really sting because we were so so close to sweeping Florida.
But, this team has actually shown me they can and will compete.
Some of the coaching decisions still make me scratch my head sometimes but if we can beat UGA 2 games this weekend, we’re much more on track for a possible Regional host than I ever thought we’d be about 5 weeks ago.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
We embarrassed the #6 team all weekend and we will find ways to win games like these as the season progresses. We were the best team, winning all 3 would have been nice but looking at the bigger picture, I like the way this team fights. Really like this team.

Thebulldogcountry1

Nov 6, 2022
Friday was 100% lack of pitching execution. Davis and Auger have been more consistent, and they were who were supposed to go to at the end of the game. Neither could get the job done. You could argue that either one of them should have been taken out sooner, but we obviously don’t have someone better in the pen.

Today was on the coaching staff.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Dohm will serve up Dohmers in due time, once he’s back from his “zinger”. He’s not the reason we have choked 4 games away in 3 weekends. Moronic take…. checks out.
WTF is your issue, dicklick? Go s……..

Dohm is a big piece, and he’s got closer mentality. You wouldn’t understand this.

patdog

May 28, 2007
We embarrassed the #6 team all weekend and we will find ways to win games like these as the season progresses. We were the best team, winning all 3 would have been nice but looking at the bigger picture, I like the way this team fights. Really like this team.
Florida is not a good team. Their pitching sucks and not a lot of offense either. Way overrated.

Reactions: Msuirondawgs

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007
We have 10 losses. In 5 of 10 loses we blew leads in the 9th inning (Air Force, Austin Peay, South Alabama & Florida x2). If we had a reliable closer, we’d be 24-5 overall, 6-3 in the league and a consensus Top 10 team.
This team is close.
We have the players, obviously. The situational coaching worries me.

DAWGSANDSAINTS

Oct 10, 2022
We have 10 losses. In 5 of 10 loses we blew leads in the 9th inning (Air Force, Austin Peay, South Alabama & Florida x2). If we had a reliable closer, we’d be 24-5 overall, 6-3 in the league and a consensus Top 10 team.
This team is close.
It may be close but do we or can we find the glue that closes that gap ?
Is it the players or the coaches or a combination of both?

maroonmania

Feb 23, 2008
Dohm will serve up Dohmers in due time, once he’s back from his “zinger”. He’s not the reason we have choked 4 games away in 3 weekends. Moronic take…. checks out.
We choked 2 games away this past weekend because we don't have a reliable back end closer. We just throw 'guys' and hope for the best. I'm actually hoping when Dohm comes back that we move him to the closer role. We have other guys that could move into a starting role but we don't have anyone that we can have any confidence in closing out games. That Friday game was terrible with bases loaded and a 2-2 count with a one run lead and 2 outs, essentially one strike away from winning, and then seeing ball 3 be thrown 58 feet and then ball 4 be thrown 58 feet. Didn't even throw a pitch that might at least make the guy swing to protect the plate. They were that bad.

Reactions: eckie1

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
but if we can beat UGA 2 games this weekend, we’re much more on track for a possible Regional host than I ever thought we’d be about 5 weeks ago.
I believe those same words were said multiple times last week by multiple posters.

Reactions: onewoof
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login