As expected

Status
Not open for further replies.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
The Kim Mulkey article dropped and it was absolutely nothing. She’s “mean” to people sometimes. The Washington Post, ladies and gentlemen!
Counter-
all the drama surrounding the article was created by Mulkey going scored earth and threatening legal action over an article that you say is 'absolutely nothing'.
Her ranting and threatening is what created all the articles and commentary that led up to 'absolutely nothing'.

Had she just left it alone, none of what she created over the last week would have happened, and the article wouldnt have had near the hype.

ETA- the article alleges some pretty aggressive coaching behavior that is largely no longer tolerated. I am not saying she should be fired or suspended or anything else, I am simply recognizing that the allegations are similar to what other coaches across college athletics have been suspended and fired for.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
If Mulkey had just kept her mouth shut no one would even know about the article n
Exactly. She basically did everything in her power to make sure this story got as many eyeballs as possible.

The “hit piece” she mentioned that they did on Brian Kelly as a reason for not talking to the Post was also completely nothing. So she got that article a few more clicks, too. There wasn’t a derogatory word said about Kelly in the whole piece other than a brief mention of his fake southern accent at the opening press conference - for which he was roundly laughed at and criticized by basically everybody. The article was more or less a social commentary on the wealth and equity divide between LSU athletics and basically everything else in Baton Rouge / SE Louisiana in general….including everything at LSU not related to athletics. Really had nothing to do with Kelly other than highlighting how big his salary was.

Reactions: Dawgg

PBDog

Oct 1, 2021
you’re assuming the hit piece is what it was. we should all know by now never trust your govt, medical experts, and damn sure not the media.

if this piece is a nothing burger is likely because is was a 5hit burger before they were threatened

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
They sure love her on television. They must've mentioned her by name at least 100 times today during the game.

pseudonym

Oct 6, 2022
Assuming Iowa takes care of Colorado (happening now), we’ll get an LSU-Iowa rematch in the Elite Eight.

1711828766650.jpeg

Reactions: WilCoDawg

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
you’re assuming the hit piece is what it was. we should all know by now never trust your govt, medical experts, and damn sure not the media.

if this piece is a nothing burger is likely because is was a 5hit burger before they were threatened
Its not a nothing-burger. Its still a pretty damning testimony (from multiple sources)of a high level personality in the sports world who has literally burned to the ground every relationship she’s ever had at the very first opportunity of anything happening that didn’t fit her very narrow lens of acceptable human behavior. Doesn’t matter if that person’s a former player, employer, or very close family member. She’s turned everyone to dust. She seems to be a very resentful, vengeful, paranoid, and manipulative individual….which, quite hilariously, is EXACTLY what she presented herself to be when she started threatening a lawsuit over the story. The only thing the Post editing department had to ask was “do we still run this thing, or has she already run this story for us?”.

Reactions: Dawgg and 17itdawg

PBDog

Oct 1, 2021
Its not a nothing-burger. Its still a pretty damning testimony (from multiple sources)of a high level personality in the sports world who has literally burned to the ground every relationship she’s ever had at the very first opportunity of anything happening that didn’t fit her very narrow lens of acceptable human behavior. Doesn’t matter if that person’s a former player, employer, or very close family member. She’s turned everyone to dust. She seems to be a very resentful, vengeful, paranoid, and manipulative individual….which, quite hilariously, is EXACTLY what she presented herself to be when she started threatening a lawsuit over the story. The only thing the Post editing department had to ask was “do we still run this thing, or has she already run this story for us?”.
you don’t know and i don’t know what or who but media never gets the benefit of the doubt on anything. baylor is a private baptist university and can limit the number of dudes on the wbb team regardless of how many mulk wanted. she understood the game and who are better players and sounds like she was trying to keep a lid on it as long as possible.

sounds like you don’t know many coaches either. it is their way or the highway. so players keep your private life private — homo or normal

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
you don’t know and i don’t know what or who but media never gets the benefit of the doubt on anything. baylor is a private baptist university and can limit the number of dudes on the wbb team regardless of how many mulk wanted. she understood the game and who are better players and sounds like she was trying to keep a lid on it as long as possible.

sounds like you don’t know many coaches either. it is their way or the highway. so players keep your private life private — homo or normal
Don’t see anything in your rant there about why she’s no longer on speaking terms with her father, sister, ex-husband and father of her child, former boss at La Tech, why Baylor didn’t even make a counteroffer to her LSU offer, why she influenced a former player who wasn’t even named in the story to out herself and counter another testimony, and why she has gone out of her way multiple times to NOT help people that really needed it, even though she’s been in a position to do so, only because of holding grudges from the past over often trivial or highly subjective matters.

She’s clearly got enormous issues that go way beyond her being snarky at postgame press conferences, and having pissed off a few former players. And she did her level best to make sure everyone would know it in the past week.

Reactions: Dawgg and Chesusdog

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012

This wouldn't surprise me. We know the media is certainly not above going with "non vetted" or suspect information. By Kim coming striking fist, it may have caused the Post to employ a little more journalist integrity and culling out some info that would be hard to defend in court.

PBDog

Oct 1, 2021
Don’t see anything in your rant there about why she’s no longer on speaking terms with her father, sister, ex-husband and father of her child, former boss at La Tech, why Baylor didn’t even make a counteroffer to her LSU offer, why she influenced a former player who wasn’t even named in the story to out herself and counter another testimony, and why she has gone out of her way multiple times to NOT help people that really needed it, even though she’s been in a position to do so, only because of holding grudges from the past over often trivial or highly subjective matters.

She’s clearly got enormous issues that go way beyond her being snarky at postgame press conferences, and having pissed off a few former players. And she did her level best to make sure everyone would know it in the past week.
actual i have no clue about mulky and don’t really gaf. all i know and everyone should consider is that the liberal media are lying POS and don’t take anything they produce as anything but agenda

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
There was nothing ever in that story that she could’ve sued over. The standard for defamation of a public figure is so high, it’s almost impossible to sue unless she could prove the media outlet knew something was false and ran it anyway. The story seems to be “Kim Mulky is a b!tch”, which is something we all knew anyway.

Chesusdog

May 2, 2006
The article was more or less a social commentary on the wealth and equity divide between LSU athletics and basically everything else in Baton Rouge / SE Louisiana in general….including everything at LSU not related to athletics.

Which is entirely true. For instance, child cancer charities have really suffered to pay for LSU's athletes.

tbaydog

Feb 25, 2008
Counter-
all the drama surrounding the article was created by Mulkey going scored earth and threatening legal action over an article that you say is 'absolutely nothing'.
Her ranting and threatening is what created all the articles and commentary that led up to 'absolutely nothing'.

Had she just left it alone, none of what she created over the last week would have happened, and the article wouldnt have had near the hype.

ETA- the article alleges some pretty aggressive coaching behavior that is largely no longer tolerated. I am not saying she should be fired or suspended or anything else, I am simply recognizing that the allegations are similar to what other coaches across college athletics have been suspended and fired for.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
actual i have no clue about mulky and don’t really gaf. all i know and everyone should consider is that the liberal media are lying POS and don’t take anything they produce as anything but agenda
At least you recognize and say the crazy part. I guess that's better than those who don't even see they are being crazy or try to hide it.

It's crazy to be this proud/happy/aggressive over an article being written that isn't at all as bad as the subject of the article claimed, and then associate that as a win against liberal media.
You really have to work hard to associate everything over the last week to the default 'liberal media bad' angle.

retire the banner

Dec 29, 2022
Counter-

Here’s the point you’re missing, it’s simple so take a deep breath and pay attention:

If Kim Mulkey was an open Joe Biden supporter this article 1) wouldn’t be written by WaPo 2) you wouldn’t have written your dishonest ETA blurb.

It’s where we are as a society in 2024, and it’s incredibly sad. The media from both sides is completely agenda driven. Articles and the news is no longer telling the news at face value. There’s a purpose behind it. You need to be true to yourself about this fact or you’ll miss the forest for the trees. I’m rooting for you. Stop spinning everything to fit the world’s agenda and begin thinking for yourself.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
Here’s the point you’re missing, it’s simple so take a deep breath and pay attention:

If Kim Mulkey was an open Joe Biden supporter this article 1) wouldn’t be written by WaPo 2) you wouldn’t have written your dishonest ETA blurb.

It’s where we are as a society in 2024, and it’s incredibly sad. The media from both sides is completely agenda driven. Articles and the news is no longer telling the news at face value. There’s a purpose behind it. You need to be true to yourself about this fact or you’ll miss the forest for the trees. I’m rooting for you. Stop spinning everything to fit the world’s agenda and begin thinking for yourself.
Dude, I didn't know that Mulkey had gone on a tirade last weekend until it was brought up on SPS. And I didn't know the article ad come out until it was brought up in SPS.

^ thats how disconnected I am when it comes to some 'news', I don't even know about it until someone in SPS feels outrage over the latest perceived injustice to...whatever, really.

I don't support the wapo, I don't read the wapo, and I don't even follow the wapo.
If it is as partisan as you claim, then I am not missing much by not reading it.

You may be correct, perhaps this article wouldn't have been written if Mulkey supported Biden. Frankly, I didn't know she doesn't support him. I really don't give a 17 about Mulkey's political leanings and haven't looked into them.
But the article as written, and seeing it now, it was hardly worth the tantrum and threats that Mulkey raised this past week. THAT should be the real point of all this- Mulkey says nothing and 90% of people don't even know an article is being written.

I agree that a lot of media, mainstream and non-mainstream, left and right, is not reporting news at face value.
Speaking of, what about his Mulkey story is incorrect(not at face value)?

As for my ETA being dishonest, no it isn't dishonest because I am not lying when I post here. You may dislike it or disagree with it, but that doesn't mean I am being dishonest.
What exactly do you think I lied about?

PBDog

Oct 1, 2021
Dude, I didn't know that Mulkey had gone on a tirade last weekend until it was brought up on SPS. And I didn't know the article ad come out until it was brought up in SPS.

^ thats how disconnected I am when it comes to some 'news', I don't even know about it until someone in SPS feels outrage over the latest perceived injustice to...whatever, really.

I don't support the wapo, I don't read the wapo, and I don't even follow the wapo.
If it is as partisan as you claim, then I am not missing much by not reading it.

You may be correct, perhaps this article wouldn't have been written if Mulkey supported Biden. Frankly, I didn't know she doesn't support him. I really don't give a 17 about Mulkey's political leanings and haven't looked into them.
But the article as written, and seeing it now, it was hardly worth the tantrum and threats that Mulkey raised this past week. THAT should be the real point of all this- Mulkey says nothing and 90% of people don't even know an article is being written.

I agree that a lot of media, mainstream and non-mainstream, left and right, is not reporting news at face value.
Speaking of, what about his Mulkey story is incorrect(not at face value)?

As for my ETA being dishonest, no it isn't dishonest because I am not lying when I post here. You may dislike it or disagree with it, but that doesn't mean I am being dishonest.
What exactly do you think I lied about?
tldr - same ole bs from you lemming

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
tldr - same ole bs from you lemming
You accuse me of being dishonest, I ask how, and you tell me I am being a lemming.

I agree that media is not doing a good job overall, and you tell me I am being a lemming.

I reiterate that if Mulkey just said nothing, almost nobody would know about the article, and you tell me I am being a lemming.

Prthaps try being specific about things instead of posting generalizations based on historical bias.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
So, if everyone on SPS during basketball season has a circlejerk about KM being a raging bítch, its just the truth….but if the WaPo writes a fact based account that confirms that yes, KM is actually a raging bítch, then its a left wing media conspiracy?

Kim Mulkey writes in her own book about various accounts from her career, its taken at face value….but the WaPo prints the exact same words, written by Kim Mulkey in a book about Kim Mulkey, and its a left wing media conspiracy? Is that how this works?

I don’t think the printed sports media has this giant political agenda that people thinks they have. The overall media can and does, but the real agenda from sports media types, if there is one….is exposing people like Mulkey who spend their entire careers being outwardly hostile towards the media and in general during press conferences. She has done herself no favors here.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
I realized during Covid that there was no real news reporting any longer. Every newscast that airs on TV, radio, podcast, wherever is not meant to inform you of the news, it's meant to form and mold your opinion one way or another ABOUT that news. It's nothing more than propaganda now. I stopped watching and listening to all news during 2020 when I realized this and haven't looked back. You should all try it

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
I realized during Covid that there was no real news reporting any longer. Every newscast that airs on TV, radio, podcast, wherever is not meant to inform you of the news, it's meant to form and mold your opinion one way or another ABOUT that news. It's nothing more than propaganda now. I stopped watching and listening to all news during 2020 when I realized this and haven't looked back. You should all try it
I did the same but started watching less when Bush was in office. I think it was when Clinton was an office that the news became a mouthpiece for politicians and quit being investigative journalism. I'm sure this can prove erroneous, but I don't watch any news, so I couldn't argue with you. They think they can influence elections, so there won't be anything stopping them now.

PBDog

Oct 1, 2021
yep covid changed everything for me. our govt is owned. medicine is compromised. govt controls media. and every conspiracy is true

Reactions: tbaydog
Status
Not open for further replies.
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login