As Stoops fills out his staff at State,

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
D-Line/LB Coach has to be Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson.
QB Coach should be Tom Brady.
In an amazing coup, Special Teams coach actually ends up being a resurrected Jesus Christ because Bob Stoops becoming the coach at Mississippi State is surely the event that sets off the Rapture and Tribulations described in Revelations.

• Haha
Reactions: Bullldawg78

tenureplan

Dec 3, 2008
D-Line/LB Coach has to be Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson.
QB Coach should be Tom Brady.
In an amazing coup, Special Teams coach actually ends up being a resurrected Jesus Christ because Bob Stoops becoming the coach at Mississippi State is surely the event that sets off the Rapture and Tribulations described in Revelations.
Try to be serious

Reactions: dorndawg

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
Try to be serious
I am!

The SAG-AFTRA strike continues, what the hell else does The Rock have going on right now?
I'm sure Tom Brady could use the dough after his divorce really sets in.
You don't think Jesus could get our punters to average more than 30 17ing yards a punt?

Fine. I say he brings Al Luginbill out of retirement so we can have the world's only XFL championship winning coaches on our staff.
Want to really play mind games? Get Chris and Monte Kiffin as our co-DC's.

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
I am!

The SAG-AFTRA strike continues, what the hell else does The Rock have going on right now?
You don't think Jesus could get our punters to average more than 30 17ing yards a punt?

Fine. I say he brings Al Luginbill out of retirement so we can have the world's only XFL championship winning coaches on our staff.
thread creep: has that strike had a negative impact on anyone on SPS? I completely forgot it was happening.

tenureplan

Dec 3, 2008
I am!

First off. What experience does the rock have outside of acting? We have plenty of people acting like coaches already. Second, forgiveness has no place on a football field.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
Who are some names you want to see at the coordinator positions?
I floated Stoops a while back and was soundly rebuked, but he's be 1A for me and Urban would be 1B.

Likely neither will come, so I'm at the Tom Herman, Clay Helton stage now.

I'd be for Gus, Leipold or Chadwell, etc., but I don't know if we can pay them what it would take.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
First off. What experience does the rock have outside of acting? We have plenty of people acting like coaches already. Second, forgiveness has no place on a football field.
The Rock played football at Miami and briefly made the practice squad for the Calgary Stampeders. He's also the most electrifying man in sports entertainment. Currently our on field product is not electrifying nor is it entertaining and a lot of it could barely be called 'sports'. Who better to turn that around? Also, we all talk on here about attendance dropping and waning interest. Maybe we just need someone to connect with the people and that's the People's Champion.

We're not hiring forgiveness Jesus. We're hiring beating up money changers in the temple Jesus and He's going to have to understand that before Selmon and Stoops offer Him the job.

Reactions: tenureplan

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010
The Rock played football at Miami and briefly made the practice squad for the Calgary Stampeders. He's also the most electrifying man in sports entertainment. Currently our on field product is not electrifying nor is it entertaining and a lot of it could barely be called 'sports'. Who better to turn that around? Also, we all talk on here about attendance dropping and waning interest. Maybe we just need someone to connect with the people and that's the People's Champion.

We're not hiring forgiveness Jesus. We're hiring beating up money changers in the temple Jesus and He's going to have to understand that before Selmon and Stoops offer Him the job.
I smell what you’re cookin’

Reactions: Dawgg

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012

The Rock would be a home run hire! Now you got me dreaming! Peyton Manning or Brady would be can't miss too! What about Elon Musk? Aren't EV sales slowing?

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
Let's get the band back together.

Ron Cooper - DC
Somehow, I don't know if I can take a coach turning around and grabbing his *** as a defensive signal. There is something fundamentally wrong with that.

Pilgrimdawg

Aug 30, 2018
OC: Bruce Arians
DC: Bellichick
Special Teams: Joe Judge
WR: Trooper Taylor
DL: Brick Haley
I know you are joking but no to Bruce Arians. He left his O.C. Role here in the Spring of 81 after spring practice and took our play book with him to Alabama. Low class move and I never forgave him.

Ddog

May 24, 2023
I floated Stoops a while back and was soundly rebuked, but he's be 1A for me and Urban would be 1B.

Likely neither will come, so I'm at the Tom Herman, Clay Helton stage now.

I'd be for Gus, Leipold or Chadwell, etc., but I don't know if we can pay them what it would take.
A big no thanks on Urban.

BulldogBlitz

Dec 11, 2008
Need a student (of a student) of dkr to install an all rush offense to satiate our fanbase.

NTDawg

Mar 2, 2012
Duh He was in Ballers

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login