Ask the Pack: staying at Lake Tiak-O'Khata Resort for a football weekend?

LanierDawg

Aug 24, 2012
Can anyone give feedback on what staying in their hotel is like? Seems nice enough, restaurant on site, 30 miles from Starkville. Thanks

It's basically the only option I have for my crew. Thanks.

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010
My roommate’s parents always stayed there

And liked it…15 years ago. That’s all I got.

Fritz!

Oct 16, 2014
Stayed there after an Egg Bowl a few years ago. Great breakfast as I recall. Clean room, kind of like a state park.

MSUDOG24

Mar 31, 2021
Its a little dated but if you’re just using it as a place to sleep it’s fine.

Agree, highly functional for football weekends especially if you're coming from the south. Basic bed/bath, great food across the street with a lake view and easy drive to Starkville. Have a full service bar now as well if you're in to such.

Nov 29, 2017
We used to stay back there all the time during 2009-2010 football seasons. It was decent. I remember them having a buffet style breakfast too.

LanierDawg

Aug 24, 2012
Thanks all! My brother has a balcony so looking forward to checking that experience out. Stock with food and adult beverages Friday night and let the good times roll!

Digging dog

Aug 22, 2012
We’ve met extended family there quite a few times. Stayed in the cabins & the hotel. It’s dated but clean.
Definitely have breakfast or lunch at the restaurant.
+1 on the Carmel cake (or any of the pies with meringue)

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
In one of the dumber decisions of my life, I actually lived at Lake Tiak O'Khata for 6 months 20 or so years ago. I took my first job out of school in Philadelphia, but wanted to hang out in Starkville as much as possible. Somehow I decided Louisville would be a good idea.

There is a little 4 plex with screened in porches on the backside of the lake that at least used to be available for long-term leases. It was new at the time and nice from a construction standpoint, but it was basically like living at Crystal Lake from the Friday the 13th movies. It was not the bachelor pad I hoped it would be to say the least.

I swear the whole town of Louisville was closed every night at 7:30 when I got home from work. I bet I ended up spending more nights during those 6 months at the Golden Moon than that spooky *** "villa." That's right, they called the apartments villas like we were on the Italian Riviera or something.

Back then Lake TOK was pretty well kept, but the whole "resort" was dated even then. The restaurant was not memorable. I think I ate burgers mostly when I went, but it was only a handful of times. I did basically steal a paddleboat that I fished off during my many, lonely mornings at the lake.

Would be fine for a weekend, but try not to sign a 6 month lease while you're there.

Last edited:

Hot Rock

Jan 2, 2010
Can anyone give feedback on what staying in their hotel is like? Seems nice enough, restaurant on site, 30 miles from Starkville. Thanks

It's basically the only option I have for my crew. Thanks.

It used to be one of my favorite places to stop and have lunch on Sunday's when riding the bikes. The wife and I would sometimes rent a boat and paddle around. It was cool for a few hours but we never stayed long. I can't say a young bachelor should be out there looking for anything more than a good place to read a book though.

jxndawg

Dec 26, 2009
Stayed in one of the cabins prob 7-8 years ago. It was on the lake, and I second what everybody else is saying - I think the best way to describe it is that it has facilities like a state park, but it's kept up/cleaned better than a state park. The restaurant reminds me of a pretty decent, main street type restaurant in a small town - good breakfast, good hamburgers, maybe catfish or steaks on Sat night, with a couple of good homemade desserts.

JungRebel

Aug 23, 2012
LTOK is a decent spot and will do in a pinch.

Plan ahead next time and get the Mason instead though.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login