At what point does the ncaa tell officials….

patdog

May 28, 2007
There's a simple way. Tell officials to throw a 15-yard unsportsmanlike conduct penalty when players suddenly go down when the offense is about to snap the ball. After a couple of those penalties, this will end.

I was really concerned about our player who went down. The way he went down writhing in pain, I thought a sniper had shot him in the leg. **

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
Why stop when it's not illegal? I get the concept of fair play but why stop when it's not illegal and it works in your favor. Other teams should do it until the NCAA stops it.

hatfieldms

Feb 20, 2008
I didn’t say stop while it’s no illegal. I am saying make it illegal or just use common sense. Of the player falls down suddenly before the next play he obviously isn’t hurt.
The whole thing is a joke

Reactions: patdog

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
I don't think you can ask officials to make subjective calls on injuries. (Throwing a flag). However the ncaa can pass a rule.

If you're injured. You must sit out the remainder of the series to ensure a proper medical evaluation.

They pass the rule in the name of safety. However we all know that's not the only reason behind the rule.

hatfieldms

Feb 20, 2008
I don't think you can ask officials to make subjective calls on injuries. (Throwing a flag). However the ncaa can pass a rule.

If you're injured. You must sit out the remainder of the series to ensure a proper medical evaluation.

They pass the rule in the name of safety. However we all know that's not the only reason behind the rule.
Or if a player gets up, and gets in position and then decides to fall down you ignore him

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012

It’s really easy so I don’t understand why they didn’t address it before this year. It was already out of hand.
I’m kind of surprised there’s not some general rule about sportsmanship that applies that could be used to address it mid season. I would modify it where if a player goes down he can stay in if they use a timeout that play. So if you have a guy legitimately go down with cramps, if he’s important enough, you can decide to burn a timeout so you can bring him back in same series.

Reactions: patdog and CDawg08

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016

This is the solution.

bulldoghair

Jul 9, 2013
It’s not illegal. I don’t know why we don’t use that strategy more. The point is to try to win at all cost, not worry about what everyone else thinks. Just let me know the rules, so then I can know how to toe the line or use the rules to my advantage, and not worry about other people whining and complaining.

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
This is the solution.
It's a step in the right direction, but remember the 80s NBA where a team would send a 7' goon in late in the game to give a couple hard foul? Well, get ready for Lane to start subbing in walk ons that miraculously twist their ankles while trotting out to the field to take their first career snap

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
It’s not illegal. I don’t know why we don’t use that strategy more. The point is to try to win at all cost, not worry about what everyone else thinks. Just let me know the rules, so then I can know how to toe the line or use the rules to my advantage, and not worry about other people whining and complaining.
Sheez man. Nothing's illegal until it's made illegal, but that doesn't mean that it isn't bush league BS that has no place in the game. We all want to win, but for a lot of people, integrity and respect for the game still matters.

Kids of parents that think this kinda crap is just "using the rules to your advantage" are the exact ones that grow up to be OM fans

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
There's a simple way. Tell officials to throw a 15-yard unsportsmanlike conduct penalty when players suddenly go down when the offense is about to snap the ball. After a couple of those penalties, this will end.

I was really concerned about our player who went down. The way he went down writhing in pain, I thought a sniper had shot him in the leg. **
This is it. The whole premise of this only works because Kiffin knows the refs don’t want to be accused of not protecting the players. But it’s bush league and needs to stop. Even after an apparent warning, they still did it a couple of times last night. The only thing that is going to work if suspending players, coaches or throwing 15 yard penalties.

Another option could be just charging a time out and if the team is out of time outs then a 15 yard penalty.

bulldoghair

Jul 9, 2013
Sheez man. Nothing's illegal until it's made illegal, but that doesn't mean that it isn't bush league BS that has no place in the game. We all want to win, but for a lot of people, integrity and respect for the game still matters.

Kids of parents that think this kinda crap is just "using the rules to your advantage" are the exact ones that grow up to be OM fans

Attachments

• IMG_0601.gif
    IMG_0601.gif
    233.4 KB · Views: 2

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
For player safety, an injured player should sit out the rest of that quarter and the next quarter. That won't stop it, Lame will just send in a third teamer to fake the injury. Injures that stop the clock should be reviewed by the league office during the next week, if deemed a fake, the HC gets a one game suspension.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login