At what point would you have given Mike Wright a series this season?...

dawgstudent

Apr 15, 2003
Mine would have been 2nd half vs Arizona.

beating a dead horse wtf GIF

BigDawg0074

Oct 12, 2016
The first series in the second half against Alabama. That’s in the past now though, he needs a series this weekend. If he doesn’t get one then I have to assume something is wrong because I don’t think our coaches are stupid.

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
The first series in the second half against Alabama. That’s in the past now though, he needs a series this weekend. If he doesn’t get one then I have to assume something is wrong because I don’t think our coaches are stupid.
Larry David Reaction GIF

Reactions: Ozarkdawg

Crazy Cotton

Aug 26, 2012
Didn't we march down the field and score on that series?

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
no doubt 2nd half of the Arizona game

Also, watch for something if/when Wright plays Saturday. If the linemen block harder, it is clear who they want at QB. I saw that with both Dak and Farve before I knew who they were. No I am not saying Wright is that caliber, just saying look and see if they play harder thats all. Would be telling if so.

Reactions: patdog

Bulldog Bruce

Nov 1, 2007
no doubt 2nd half of the Arizona game

Also, watch for something if/when Wright plays Saturday. If the linemen block harder, it is clear who they want at QB. I saw that with both Dak and Farve before I knew who they were. No I am not saying Wright is that caliber, just saying look and see if they play harder thats all. Would be telling if so.
Always Sunny Reaction GIF

Eleven Bravo

Aug 31, 2018
If he’s no better passing the football than has been reported, I don’t know that I would have. I guess you put him in for a series and run it every play.

YesIAmAPirate

Oct 3, 2022
I would have put him in after halftime of the first game. Maybe give Will the first drive and then let Wright finish the game off. We were up 3 tds at half

Reactions: Ranchdawg

dawgstudent

Apr 15, 2003
If he’s no better passing the football than has been reported, I don’t know that I would have. I guess you put him in for a series and run it every play.
Guy completed 57% of his throws. At the very least, he’s serviceable throwing.

Reactions: Drebin

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
I would start him against Western Michigan and let him stay in until we punt or score. I would let him have the second series as well. Will has struggled with the first two series in every game. Shake things up a little and see what happens!

LordMcBuckethead

Sep 30, 2022
Mine would have been 2nd half vs Arizona.

beating a dead horse wtf GIF
Midway through the 2nd quarter against LSU. Then for the rest of the game.
It would have been better to get him time against Arizona leading up to that though. There really are zeros reasons why he shouldn't have gotten 1 or 2 series in both games 1 and 2.

LordMcBuckethead

Sep 30, 2022
If they aren't going to let him throw the ball there is absolutely no reason to put him in at all.
That is true. The man needs to run the ENTIRE offense to be effective. Right now, he comes in and I am going zone with everyone having eyes in the backfield. bring the safeties up about 4 yards. All linebackers moving with the runners.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login