aTm spending $94 million on athletics facilities....

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
$60 million of that is on Blue Bell Park....

Details here:

Kendall Rogers' tweet was the first I saw that mentioned it and prompted me to look for more info...

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
Will they have any money left over for buy outs?

Of course they will. They are spending $60 million in renovations on a baseball stadium that was for all intents and purposes totally rebuilt already just 10 years ago.

They literally have unlimited money.

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
Of course they will. They are spending $60 million in renovations on a baseball stadium that was for all intents and purposes totally rebuilt already just 10 years ago.

Yep, Walmart and Tyson blank checks.

dawgman42

Jul 24, 2007
Yep, Walmart and Tyson blank checks.

8dog

Feb 23, 2008

We will see how it turns out but I think their return on the money spent at Blue Bell is one of the worst in the SEC. Nothing great about it now. And the proposed upgrades don’t look like anything mind-boggling.

HailStout

Jan 4, 2020
We will see how it turns out but I think their return on the money spent at Blue Bell is one of the worst in the SEC. Nothing great about it now. And the proposed upgrades don’t look like anything mind-boggling.
I’ve always considered Kyle field to be one of the ugliest stadiums I have ever seen. I know it’s huge, but the design is just awful.

Nov 29, 2017
You gotta throw in the damn train that’s always going by during their games. That is so annoying when we play there.

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
Being rich is so much better than being poor. A&M's endowment is in the Top 10 in the country. It's $17 billion tax free. (Harvard's tax free endowment is $53 billion. Harvard is a university and a hedge fund.) I also suspect these NIL deals have some tax advantages for businesses. Being rich didn't make them smart because they did choose Jimbo and extended his contract. Jimbo's agent must be awesome.

Emma’s Dad

May 5, 2021
FYI the Texas universities have oil and other money from private donors but when it comes to facilities they have the Permanent University Fund which endows construction and is funded by oil production in a west Texas county that is dedicated in its entirety (the whole county) to the university. Used to be UT Austin got 2/3 and ATM got 1/3– I think the legislature made them share with others so UT and ATM each get 1/3 and the other 1/3 goes to to UT Dallas and other system schools. That’s why these projects get done without private donors pitching. Unreal advantage. PUF money can’t be used for things like faculty salaries but more is available from other sources due to PUF.

Reactions: onewoof

AstroDog

Oct 5, 2022
They were already in the top 4-5 in baseball facilities. I guess if they don't think they're #1 or 2, then they aint doing it right. Texas Mentality.

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
I must admit. A cult could build a $94 million dollar building next door to me. I still wouldn't go. Neither will the athletes.

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
You're going to see more stuff like this at State once we get a new AD. Fundraising is going to see a huge improvement.

Reactions: Maroon13
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login