Auburn on3 says MAJOR pushback from Money 8 minutes ago

UpTheMiddlex3Punt

May 28, 2007
I'll tell you exactly what they're saying.

Several major donors to Tigers Unlimited and Auburn's NIL fund...

This is premium content. Please subscribe to view.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
That’s cute. Its a done deal. Auburn folks can either get on board, or cry about it until they can afford the buyout….which might be awhile if their football coach is any indication.

Chesusdog

May 2, 2006

patdog

May 28, 2007
Damn! Don't tell me yesterday was all just one big tease. Why do they have to pick NOW of all times to use a bit of common sense in their hirings and firings?

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018

[URL='https://twitter.com/i/user/105622832']Steve Robertson replied
[/URL]

Justin Hokanson

@_JHokanson

I reported on our site yesterday that John Cohen spoke with Auburn representatives about the position this week. I also reported last night that Mississippi State has already informed Cohen they'd be moving on from him (at some point) and to look for other opportunities.

Steve Robertson

@ScoutSteveR

Replying to
@_JHokanson
And your report about Mississippi State officials is completely false.

AstroDog

Oct 5, 2022
In my professional life, I sure as heck didn't let my current employer know I was interviewing.....that's just a basic job strategy. My guess is Auburn Cigar Boys can push back all they want, but if both parties have already signed the papers.........too bad or in their case.....tough titty said the kitty. Should make this coming Saturday's game truly more special than what we originally anticipated. Think John will be introducing guests all throughout the game like he normally does?.....ha, ha!! Doubt it.

Reactions: GloryDawg

SteelCurtain74

Oct 28, 2019
As a Steelers fan, I've always liked Coach Tomlin's saying that "We want volunteers, not hostages" when describing team and organizational buy in. Cohen doesn't seem to be bought in and needs to go. There's a small part of me that hopes Auburn changes course and hires someone else just to see Cohen get screwed over but for the bigger picture I hope they keep him.

On a side note, can we stop with the "They are an MSU grad or they have ties to MSU/Mississippi" so they must go to the top of the list when it comes to our next AD. The last two AD'S we had both were that and have left. I just want the best person possible that can move the needle for our athletic program.

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
As a Steelers fan, I've always liked Coach Tomlin's saying that "We want volunteers, not hostages" when describing team and organizational buy in. Cohen doesn't seem to be bought in and needs to go. There's a small part of me that hopes Auburn changes course and hires someone else just to see Cohen get screwed over but for the bigger picture I hope they keep him.

On a side note, can we stop with the "They are an MSU grad or they have ties to MSU/Mississippi" so they must go to the top of the list when it comes to our next AD. The last two AD'S we had both were that and have left. I just want the best person possible that can move the needle for our athletic program.

For me, it's pretty simple. You hire the best man you can for the job with in your budget. You offer the most competitive pay you can, you let it be known his responsibility is. etc.

Reactions: Cantdoitsal

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
In my professional life, I sure as heck didn't let my current employer know I was interviewing.....that's just a basic job strategy. My guess is Auburn Cigar Boys can push back all they want, but if both parties have already signed the papers.........too bad or in their case.....tough titty said the kitty. Should make this coming Saturday's game truly more special than what we originally anticipated. Think John will be introducing guests all throughout the game like he normally does?.....ha, ha!! Doubt it.

Oh the money people can make any deal go away.

If they don't want him, they have proven the person coming in has no chance, Just like with Hasin. That guy never had a chance and they went after his family on day 1. How pathetic is it that because you didn't agree with the hire that you gather together to ruin a man's life.

AstroDog

Oct 5, 2022
Yes....Money people can make it go away, but it will cost them dearly. Cohen could then retire comfortably anywhere in the world he wants.

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006

Eh. Here’s the deal from where I see it:

Auburn boosters are likely pissed off.

But they’re also looking at John’s age.

He’s 56. He wanted to make a move from State while he would still be young enough to do so.

They know he’s not going to be at Auburn long.

I give Cohen 4-6 years on the Plains before he retires— depending on how good a decision he’s allowed to make on the football coach.

PBRME

Feb 12, 2004
Take It Back I Choose You GIF by CBS

MStateU

Nov 15, 2009
Can you imagine Cohen and Bruce Pearl working together? I can’t imagine that’s going to be a good relationship.

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
[URL='https://twitter.com/i/user/105622832']Steve Robertson replied[/URL]

Justin Hokanson
@_JHokanson

I reported on our site yesterday that John Cohen spoke with Auburn representatives about the position this week. I also reported last night that Mississippi State has already informed Cohen they'd be moving on from him (at some point) and to look for other opportunities.

Steve Robertson
@ScoutSteveR

Replying to
@_JHokanson
And your report about Mississippi State officials is completely false.
Steve is reporting what Cohen is saying and he's tight with Cohen, so he's being a good soldier. The other guy has a high placed source at Mississippi State.

Reactions: josebrown

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
Latest update

mmm... That doesn't sound smart if true.

That's how the whole Harsin deal happened. Those boosters are willing to ruin anybody that steps in their way of running the show. So the President and Cohen (if they don't want him) are done soon.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
Auburn is letting everyone see who is really in charge of that athletic program. No worry! They've done a smashing job of driving the car from the backseat the last decade.
You have to give them credit for given Newton the money and twisting it, so it was not against NCAA rules at the time. Yes, their money guys might be stupid but at least they have balls unlike ours. Stupid rich people with balls will come through every time. They will just fix a mistake with another mistake until one time it's not a mistake.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login