Auburn sold out their game vs A&M...

dawgstudent

Apr 15, 2003
Two 3-6 teams going to battle. There's one thing that brings fans to a game outside of winning and it's hope.

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
Two 3-6 teams going to battle. There's one thing that brings fans to a game outside of winning and it's hope.
ITISWYDT. If I'm correct that is. As opposed to STATE Ticket Holders selling their seats to Jawjuh fans? AU does have a better chance Saturday than we do however but it's quite telling that we're 6-3 and they're 3-6 yet polar opposites on the excitement meter.

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
AU puts so much more into football than us. We've made football a secondary sport. Remember all those sell outs when Mullen was here (insert Dan job shopping joke)? John Cohen made two lame hires and put priority on baseball.
The next AD is going to need to change a lot. I'm still holding out hope Leach retires. He's a terrible fit at Miss State.

patdog

May 28, 2007
I don't think last Saturday would give me much hope if I was an Auburn fan. That game was all about MSU sucking for 2-1/2 quarters. Auburn should have lost by 30.

Reactions: BulldogBlitz

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
Two 3-6 teams going to battle... There's one thing that brings fans to a game outside of winning and it's hope.

Rubberneckers making sure they're there to watch the accident that they think is about to happen...

dawgstudent

Apr 15, 2003
ITISWYDT. If I'm correct that is. As opposed to STATE Ticket Holders selling their seats to Jawjuh fans? AU does have a better chance Saturday than we do however but it's quite telling that we're 6-3 and they're 3-6 yet polar opposites on the excitement meter.
No - I just think it's impressive they sold out the game.

Reactions: Cantdoitsal

T-TownDawgg

Nov 4, 2015
I'd like to know the burden of proof for a school claiming a "sellout".

I know I've seen lots of "sellout" games with entire sections nearly empty.

But, it's Auburn. They would never embellish.

OopsICroomedmypants

Sep 29, 2022
For all those who believe Leach is a terrible fit, I feel differently. I understand he doesn’t give us that Ra Ra give ‘em hell type of coach that fans can cheer for. The truth is he doesn’t fit with anyone. If you haven’t noticed he’s really different and all those preaching equality and individuality flip the script on Leach. His values line up with the majority of fans in Mississippi and he has won as much as anyone here, but we State fans seem to want somebody more like us for a coach. What the 17 ever. I just want to win and I’m thinking we may be like my Texas Tech buddy who told me they ran off the best coach they ever had. Leach could use some changes to his offense and he’s far from perfect, but we have often done way worse.

dawgstudent

Apr 15, 2003
You bring up a great point - he doesn't fit anywhere. He didn't play college football. He's a mad genius whose formula needs some tinkering.

Reactions: OopsICroomedmypants

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
When the Aggies boatrace them, the stands will be empty by the 3rd quarter
Their fans leave early even when they're winning. We went one year when State played and had a friend in the big RV lot next to the stadium. Prior to the game there was 200+ RVs in the lot. We walked out to his RV mid fourth as we were getting beat and over half the RVs were packed up and gone. They just packed up and left mid game.

DawgInThe256

Feb 18, 2011
It's a combination of hope, and maybe the return of some fans who were holding out until Harsin was fired.

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
For all those who believe Leach is a terrible fit, I feel differently. I understand he doesn’t give us that Ra Ra give ‘em hell type of coach that fans can cheer for. The truth is he doesn’t fit with anyone. If you haven’t noticed he’s really different and all those preaching equality and individuality flip the script on Leach. His values line up with the majority of fans in Mississippi and he has won as much as anyone here, but we State fans seem to want somebody more like us for a coach. What the 17 ever. I just want to win and I’m thinking we may be like my Texas Tech buddy who told me they ran off the best coach they ever had. Leach could use some changes to his offense and he’s far from perfect, but we have often done way worse.
I'm with you all the way! We are getting ready to play the #1 team in the country Saturday and we have a legitimate shot at beating them and our fans are running for cover. We should be packing the stadium and fired up to play. This is why we are in the SEC and what we expect from our opponents. Sadly, I don't expect us to fill the stadium and guess what bowl reps look at? I went to the Orange Bowl when we played Georgia Tech. I was ashamed of our fans. The biggest bowl game we've played in a long time and the announced attendance was 58k but being there I would say GT brought about 15k and we brought about 18k. If it were Auburn or TAM I bet the stadium would have been at least 3/4 full. It is no wonder to me that the Citrus, Orange, Sugar and others don't want to invite State. We've got a coach that everyone loves to hear speak (except State fans of course). People on here need to quit beating up on the administration at State and look at themselves.

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
You misunderstand what I'm talking about. He's a bad fit from a scheme and energy level perspective. He's stuck in 2005. His scheme is overly simplistic and he doesn't attack the portal or recruit much. He doesn't bring any energy to the program. We can't just sit still and have good recruits jump on board like AL or GA. We have to work for it. Nobody gives a **** about his quirky old man, history buff ********. We want a better program. And a guess what, the Egg Bowl matters to State fans.
Dan Mullen was nothing like State fans. So it's not a "the coach needs to be like us" thing. This program needs a huge shot in the arm. Two bad hires have really killed us. Mike Leach better win one of the two SEC games left if he expects asses in the stands next season.

Last edited:
Reactions: #ShowOff

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
I absolutely hope Auburn wins.

- The dramatic shitshow that is Jimbo's tenure at A&M is funny to watch. I dont like seeing someone who seems like a good person struggle, but I do like seeing A&M as an institution clearly regret the contract they agreed to. I really like seeing these absurd and unjustifiable contracts blow up in the school's faces.

- I liked how much passion and energy Cadillac had on the sideline last weekend. He wanted so badly for his team to win and was showing it. That was just unique/refreshing to see in P5 football.

Reactions: MagnoliaHunter

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
As big as these programs are and as much money as they have, they also both prove that they don’t have unlimited funds. Auburn has been crippled by their bad decisions. aTm is about to be.

You hate to see it.

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
I also love watching them crash and burn. Go Auburn. The soap opera that is the aggies is fantastic

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
leia organa GIF by Star Wars

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Cadillac takes down Jimbo, let that sink in
Jimbo gonna have some skeletons come out of the closet to be fired for cause. Although losing to Cadillac is cause enough to get any sitting sec coach with years of experience fired.

#ShowOff

Jun 21, 2013
Cult acts like a cult, gets excited to play another cult.
It's AU's last conference game at home for the year. It's a night game and some fans may see as "winnable" vs A&M. That's why it's a "sell out."

AU plays WKU next SAT afternoon as the last home game of the year and they could lose that game...Tiger fans would rather spend their time and money versus A&M than WKU as their last time in Jordan-Hare this season.

I think A&M takes care of business versus Cadillac. AU is done as we know.

Jan 31, 2012
If the number of Georgia fans I have seen in the Union and the Library is indicative of the game tomorrow, DWS will become Athens-West

• Sad
Reactions: Cantdoitsal
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login