Auburn with better music lineups than Ole Miss...

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
Of course these are two separate gigs but I'd travel to Opelika see these any day over the VHS shows...

Reactions: HRMSU

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
homer simpson episode 20 GIF

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
On a related note, Hardy performed at the WWE Royal Rumble on Saturday night.

So, I had never really heard his music before and I mean... I like to see a local kid (and State fan at that) make good... but damn... that was a rough listen. It was like a bro-country song that had a bad heavy metal chorus. I wish him a world of success, but I don't get it.

Reactions: 3407Dewey

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
Cody Johnson - 2022 CMA Single of the Year for this...

Whiskey Myers - "John Wayne" featuring Danny Trejo in the video...

Shane Smith and the Saints "All I See is You" (better get on to me, Cochise, because this song is in Yellowstone)

Hailey Whitters "Everything She Ain't"

I saw her play at the Ryman last year. I like her.

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006

So, I had never really heard his music before and I mean... I like to see a local kid (and State fan at that) make good... but damn... that was a rough listen. It was like a bro-country song that had a bad heavy metal chorus. I wish him a world of success, but I don't get it.
You might like this song better:

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
Zach Bryan has some great songs... check out "Something in the Orange" and "Oklahoma Smokeshow" if you don't know him yet.
Zach is on my list.

I thought about signing up for his New Orleans presale but decided against it. I'm seriously considering a visit to Opelika in October. Between these events and the Boogies in Waverly... Geez...

Reactions: Darryl Steight

peewee.sixpack

Nov 4, 2014

His acoustics were very good at the royal rumble but Hardy is a great artist and songwriter. I like his country stuff. My wife likes his rock. I’m excited to go see him at VHS.

Reactions: Maroon Eagle

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
Continue to hate on MS and prop up AL. Good job guys.
The VHS events will outdraw the Auburn rodeo gigs because Morgan Wallen is one of two - maybe three - country acts who can play stadiums.

That said, the Auburn shows are closer to what I like musically.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
I ain’t kidding. I get reality but it’s a pet peeve. Alabama ain’t that special.

cue the HSV and BHM lovers

Last edited:

RockyDog

Jan 2, 2023
I ain’t kidding. I get reality but it’s a pet peeve. Alabama ain’t that special.

cue the HSV and BHM lovers
Good try with the rah rah Mississippi effort but we have nothing worth touting. Even trashy Montgomery has more to offer than most any city in MS

HRMSU

Apr 26, 2022
The VHS events will outdraw the Auburn rodeo gigs because Morgan Wallen is one of two - maybe three - country acts who can play stadiums.

That said, the Auburn shows are closer to what I like musically.

You are probably right but don't sleep on how big Cody Johnson will be. There is a fantastic Biography on him called Dear Rodeo that has Reba and Chris Kyle ( American Sniper) in it. I might bet on Cody over Morgan Wallen in the long run.

Like you the Auburn shows are my jam....more Texas based country/rock & Americana but I might sneak a little Morgan Wallen in here and there.

Reactions: Maroon Eagle

L4MANDW

Feb 21, 2018
Zach Bryan has some great songs... check out "Something in the Orange" and "Oklahoma Smokeshow" if you don't know him yet.

Yeah, he’s a type of Tyler Childers “light” or 2.0, good stuff. Nobody can bring through that pain in songs like Tyler tho. Prolly because he’s actually lived most of his songs.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login