Austin Area Dogs - Question on Q2 Stadium

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
I'm thinking of taking my daughter to the USWNT game there in October. I've never been to that stadium, so I don't know what to expect. It looks like I'll be able to get into one of the 230 sections pretty inexpensively, but I don't know how far up that really is. There are also plenty of 100 level seating on one end of the field, but I was afraid we would be able to see what was happening on the other side of the field.

Has anybody ever taken in a soccer match there and have you ever been in either the 230's or the 100's?

Reactions: Maroon Eagle

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
I agree with what patdog said about height.

The match starts at 6:30 so you may not have to worry too much about the sun so you could sit at 230 but why haven’t you considered the west side seating?

(BTW, kind of pondering going to the Nashville friendly but wish it were on a Saturday)

Reactions: Dawgg

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
I agree with what patdog said about height.

The match starts at 6:30 so you may not have to worry too much about the sun so you could sit at 230 but why haven’t you considered the west side seating?

(BTW, kind of pondering going to the Nashville friendly but wish it were on a Saturday)
Well... I didn't think about that, but mostly it's because that side isn't currently for sale. They may open up when the presale is over, but I didn't want to count on that. The 110 level seats on the other side are about double the price.

Yeah, this one is on a Thursday, I'm probably checking my kid out of school an hour or two early. It's about 2.5 hours from my house to this stadium.

1721832974666.png

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
Well... I didn't think about that, but mostly it's because that side isn't currently for sale. They may open up when the presale is over, but I didn't want to count on that. The 110 level seats on the other side are about double the price.
Okay. That makes sense.

I was just wondering.

Anon1704414204

Jan 4, 2024
I'm thinking of taking my daughter to the USWNT game there in October. I've never been to that stadium, so I don't know what to expect. It looks like I'll be able to get into one of the 230 sections pretty inexpensively, but I don't know how far up that really is. There are also plenty of 100 level seating on one end of the field, but I was afraid we would be able to see what was happening on the other side of the field.

Has anybody ever taken in a soccer match there and have you ever been in either the 230's or the 100's?
No stadium help but if you've never been to Austin and like outdoor beauty, rent a car and check it out. Some parts of Austin remind me of So-Cal.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
Okay. That makes sense.

I was just wondering.
It's a good question. Weird, between the indoor Rangers stadium and the indoor Cowboys stadium, I almost never think about western facing seats anymore. I'm hoping since it's in October, the sun will set shortly after the game starts at 6:30 pm.

Reactions: Maroon Eagle

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
No stadium help but if you've never been to Austin and like outdoor beauty, rent a car and check it out. Some parts of Austin remind me of So-Cal.
Yep, been to Austin many times and love it. I just took my daughter and niece to The Oasis on Lake Travis for dinner a few weeks ago.

I've just never watched a soccer game there.

Reactions: Anon1704414204

Anon1704414204

Jan 4, 2024
Yep, been to Austin many times and love it. I just took my daughter and niece to The Oasis on Lake Travis for dinner a few weeks ago.

I've just never watched a soccer game there.
I bet that restaurant I went to was on one of those those lakes. Can't remember names but would advise any man to take his significant other there. If you don't get lucky afterwards you just ain't trying.

Reactions: Dawgg

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
I bet that restaurant I went to was on one of those those lakes. Can't remember names but would advise any man to take his significant other there. If you don't get lucky afterwards you just ain't trying.
Sounds like The Oasis. It's built into the side of a hill there and overlooks the lake. It's like being on vacation in the tropics.

Reactions: Anon1704414204
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login