Austin Williams

tacodawg

Jan 2, 2020
Should never see the field again. I really don’t give a **** at this point what he’s done for us. Get the super super senior gone.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
Should never see the field again. I really don’t give a **** at this point what he’s done for us. Get the super super senior gone.

He should never return another punt, it's like giving up. Didn't he muff one last year too?

Sep 12, 2013
I’ve calmed down a bit. I mean the dude seems like a great guy, def smart, and he’s made some good plays for us.

But when he makes a mistake, it’s cataclysmic. It’s insane.

DAWG61

Feb 26, 2008
Williams is a reliable receiver but he's a poor returner. Much rather have Tulu or nobody. Rather rush 11 than see another muffed punt.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Don't want him returning punts ever. He also usually disappears as a receiver in conference play. Not physical enough

blacklistedbully

Apr 9, 2010
How was that not fair catch interference? 44 was clearly within a yard just before the ball got to AW's hands. So what if he backed off a split second before. You cant get within a shoulder width plus another yard if in front. Dude was inches away before he backed out.

Dawghouse

Sep 14, 2011
Someone on twitter said they no longer have a halo rule which would explain it.

What it doesn't explain is why we switched from Z to Williams on that punt.

dawgnabit

Oct 13, 2016
In the liberty bowl. We were gonna get the ball down 3 instead he gave them the ball at the 15 and they kicked the FG

Don’t forget he also had a crucial fumble in the egg bowl in 2020 and in the la tech game last year.

Sep 12, 2013
Someone on twitter said they no longer have a halo rule which would explain it.

What it doesn't explain is why we switched from Z to Williams on that punt.

The thinking was probably there wouldn’t be a return so just get the “sure” handed guy in there to fair catch it. Life is a play, as Shakespeare said.

blacklistedbully

Apr 9, 2010
Not accurate. In 2018 they did away with the 2 yard halo rule. You still can't run within inches of the receiver at any point as he is making the catch. If you could everybody would try that BS.

tired

Sep 16, 2013
Austin Williams

Has the most fair catches in the history of football. Appreciate his dedication to State, but he’s not a punt returner. He cost us the game. The momentum swing was to much to overcome. He also has more muffs than a ***** house.

Dawghouse

Sep 14, 2011
I 100% get the thinking, I just don't agree with it. Z was the returner all game, leave him in.

TUSK.sixpack

Mar 3, 2008
Austin Williams

Has the most fair catches in the history of football. Appreciate his dedication to State, but he’s not a punt returner. He cost us the game. The momentum swing was to much to overcome. He also has more muffs than a ***** house.

You're going to the wrong whorehouses, buddy.

Reunion Dog

Aug 26, 2012
So what if the ball hits and stops at the 5 yard line. Still better than a wussy *** muff. Get the hell out of the way of the punt and start with a fresh set of downs.

The fat lady started warming up her voice in that momentum change

Lettuce

Oct 16, 2012
Austin Williams

I don’t even know what to say..

So much 2014 Alabama nostalgia in this one…

Lettuce

Oct 16, 2012
The way teams are moving offensively….do we even need a return man anymore? Let the ball go!

Nothing good happens ever on a punt return in SEC vs SEC opposition. Look the stat up.

How many positive returns……EVER……do we have vs SEC west opposition?

We are facing 5star gunners……EVERY SINGLE PUNT……

And we gonna put the 8th string hand in the field?

Why in the conway twitty 17, do we continue to give this down away, with a non playmaker receiving the punt?

Either go block the mother 17er or let it die.

Why are we touching the ball inside of the 10 at Tiger Stadium?

msstate7

Nov 27, 2008
The way teams are moving offensively….do we even need a return man anymore? Let the ball go!

Nothing good happens ever on a punt return in SEC vs SEC opposition. Look the stat up.

How many positive returns……EVER……do we have vs SEC west opposition?

We are facing 5star gunners……EVERY SINGLE PUNT……

And we gonna put the 8th string hand in the field?

Why in the conway twitty 17, do we continue to give this down away, with a non playmaker receiving the punt?

Either go block the mother 17er or let it die.

Why are we touching the ball inside of the 10 at Tiger Stadium?

You realize Thomas had 2 returns last night for 48 yards, right? We just went to our "reliable" fielder, and he blew the game

Hugh's Burner Phone

Aug 3, 2017
Not accurate. In 2018 they did away with the 2 yard halo rule. You still can't run within inches of the receiver at any point as he is making the catch. If you could everybody would try that BS.

The rule states you can't impede the attempt to catch the punt. No mention of how close you can or can't be. I didn't see him being impeded to the ball. He just alligator armed it instead of taking one step forward and catching it.

Lettuce

Oct 16, 2012
You realize Thomas had 2 returns last night for 48 yards, right? We just went to our "reliable" fielder, and he blew the game

I do.

why are we putting our 8 man receiver back inside 10 to field a punt within 8 min? It’s two options realistically….it goes into end zone or it’s caught above the 20.

Why are we still catching punts inside of 10?

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login