Average day in Jackson

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
I use to work about a block from there. Thats Gallatin and 80. Couple of nice little bars in the area plus Babes is fairly close. Entertainment galore

Reactions: Darryl Steight

Darryl Steight

Sep 30, 2022
I use to work about a block from there. Thats Gallatin and 80. Couple of nice little bars in the area plus Babes is fairly close. Entertainment galore
Not too far from Pop's Around the Corner. One of quite a few Jackson legendary locations that have closed or you cannot (or should not) step foot in any longer. Too bad, you could have some fun in there back in the old days.

Subway Lounge
Midnight Sun
Recovery Room
Dutch Bar
Cherokee Inn
I'm sure there are others I'm forgetting.

On the plus side, George Street Grocery and Fenians still seem to be hanging on nicely.

Last edited:

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Not too far from Pop's Around the Corner. One of quite a few Jackson legendary locations that have closed or you cannot (or should not) step foot in any longer. Too bad, you could have some fun in there back in the old days.

Subway Lounge
Midnight Sun
Recovery Room
Dutch Bar
Cherokee Inn

On the plus side, George Street Grocery and Fenians still seem to be hanging on nicely.
George Street has a (semi) decent location, at least in the middle of the urban core in the CCID.

People will (and want) to come to Jackson, you just have to give them a reason. Chockwe hasn't figured this out.

Last edited:

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008

Subway Lounge
Midnight Sun
Recovery Room
Dutch Bar
Cherokee Inn

Yep you're forgetting CS's, shame on you. It was always my favorite followed closely by The Cherokee

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
A few years back I was in Pop's every Saturday night. The Hideaway Club is nice as is Sam's. Haven't been to any in the last 7 years tho. Not sure how much they have changed.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
George Street must hold the record for closing and reopening. Is it still sticky in there? Two Sisters, around the corner, had it going on.
Wasn't the building that George Street was in hunted? Seems like I remember it being on one of those ghost series.

drexeldog23

Dec 2, 2022

Subway Lounge
Midnight Sun
Recovery Room
Dutch Bar
Cherokee Inn

Inez s and Lyndons

Reactions: josebrown

Darryl Steight

Sep 30, 2022
A few years back I was in Pop's every Saturday night. The Hideaway Club is nice as is Sam's. Haven't been to any in the last 7 years tho. Not sure how much they have changed.
Is/was the Hideaway Club the one in Deville Plaza? Like where the old movie theater used to be?

Mobile Bay

Jul 26, 2020
I have often said my city, Montgomery, was about 10 years behind Jackson on the road to hell. Lord, i saw a naked dude walking down the street just the other day.

drexeldog23

Dec 2, 2022
Yes I can't believe I forgot Inez and CS's. Where was Lyndons?
Lyndon s was down along the tracks on Mill St. Go all the way down Fortification to the tracks , take a left on Mill and somewhere right in the next couple blocks. there were no lights or signs or anything advertising it. from what i heard Lyndon was Inez s son.

ZombieKissinger

May 29, 2013
If you weren’t throwing down in Club Magoos with an 19 year old from Byram wearing a fake Colts jersey from China that she just bought of eBay as a self-love gift for being such a good mommy, I don’t know what to tell you

• Haha

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
I have often said my city, Montgomery, was about 10 years behind Jackson on the road to hell. Lord, i saw a naked dude walking down the street just the other day.
I thought that Murdergomery was gonna hold on after they revamped downtown. But nope, the electorate has spoken and they are definitely on the road to being a smaller Jacktown. At least they have the Air Force. Jackson is at least the business center of MS, while Birmingham has that role in AL.

Jackson is government and business, Montgomery is government and military.

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
Yep you're forgetting CS's, shame on you. It was always my favorite followed closely by The Cherokee
Is.

CS’s is still open.

I had lunch there this week and had the Inez Burger which was good.

Yeah, I know I’m being pedantic.

CS's is terrible

It quite possibly has the best burger in Jackson now that Beatty Street is closed.

I’ll admit it’s been a while since I’ve had a Stamps burger.

AttillaTheDog

Oct 3, 2023

Subway Lounge
Midnight Sun
Recovery Room
Dutch Bar
Cherokee Inn

Mary's Palace, Boots, hat and cane, Embers, Town Creek, The Lamar, Jackson City Limits, The Smurf Club in Bolton, PJ'S across the bridge, The Birds Nest and WADE'S BRIGADE IN Raymond, The Blue Goose and The Dusty Mule. Man the 80's were fun.

Shmuley

Mar 6, 2008
If you weren’t throwing down in Club Magoos with an 19 year old from Byram wearing a fake Colts jersey from China that she just bought of eBay as a self-love gift for being such a good mommy, I don’t know what to tell you
But was it a Manning jersey?

Dawg1976

Aug 22, 2012
I ate at CS's back in the late 90's when I occasionally worked in Jackson. I thought it was good back then. Elite was another one that was popular but closed a couple of years ago.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Yep, you’re about 10 years behind Jackson. But did you have a naked man walking down the Interstate during rush hour? Happened in Jackson at least 5 years ago.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
What was the bar at the Ramada on Hwy 80, Hunt Club?

The most target rich environment I've ever been in (for 30/40 yo divorced MILFs) was the 1001 club on County Line in the 90s.

Mobile Bay

Jul 26, 2020
I thought that Murdergomery was gonna hold on after they revamped downtown. But nope, the electorate has spoken and they are definitely on the road to being a smaller Jacktown. At least they have the Air Force. Jackson is at least the business center of MS, while Birmingham has that role in AL.

Jackson is government and business, Montgomery is government and military.
With Richard Shelby gone, I expect to lose Maxwell in the next BRAC.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login