Az St series - pitching rotation announced

NukeDogg

Mar 15, 2022
Cade Friday
Yntema Saturday
Gartman Sunday

I’ve liked Yntema so far. Would have preferred to see Gartman move forward and hopefully he will as the weeks go by.

dickiedawg

Feb 22, 2008
Cade Friday
Yntema Saturday
Gartman Sunday

I’ve liked Yntema so far. Would have preferred to see Gartman move forward and hopefully he will as the weeks go by.
I would not have guessed Yntema. I figured he was written off after giving up 5 hits in 1.1 innings on opening day.
At least he hasn’t walked a bunch of guys, I guess.

NukeDogg

Mar 15, 2022
I would not have guessed Yntema. I figured he was written off after giving up 5 hits in 1.1 innings on opening day.
At least he hasn’t walked a bunch of guys, I guess.
2 or 3 of those hits were bunt singles though. but I agree that I wouldn’t have expected him to be the first one with a shot in the weekend rotation. And I’m a little surprised that it wasn’t the Sunday role, with Gartman slid up to Saturday.

Called3rdstrikedawg

May 7, 2016
Kind of looks like Lemonis is thinking win the Friday night game with your ace on the mound, try to steal one on Saturday, then have the number 2 starter on Sunday against the opponents number 3 guy. Only thing I can see with this rotation. Also looks like next Tuesday’s game in Pearl is an important one that he wants to get using Jurrangelo and Loftin to get a win against USM midweek guy.

Dawghouse

Sep 14, 2011
Takes a couple weeks to rearrange starters once you've started. I'm just glad to see KC is out of the weekend.

I'm hoping our staters eventually ends up (in no particular order)

Cade smith
Gartman
Lo/Loftin

Yntema is a possibility but I haven't actually seen him so no opinion on whether he can start or not.

I'd love to see loftin and lo on different days but I've spent enough years laughing at other teams who depended on FR all year. They never make it past half way through SEC season.

I suspect these pitchers will determine our outcome. There might be a surprise one way or the other but I feel confident these will be our horses, let's hope they are winners.

Attachments

• 4B0A3F3E-66C2-47DF-A1AF-8033ACD8B496.jpeg
    4B0A3F3E-66C2-47DF-A1AF-8033ACD8B496.jpeg
    22.6 KB · Views: 8

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
GIF by FirstAndMonday

I have it on good authority there is a very structured process for early season pitcher rotations in the coaches office

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
Cade is good pitcher. Unless he's a lot better than last year, he'd be a really good, reliable Game 2 or Game 3 guy. Poor recruiting has made him our ace. It looks like he's gonna have to face the best guys from SEC teams with more pitching talent. Preston was that guy last year and he finished 3-4 with an unimpressive ERA. But, Lemonis kept him in a inning or so too long because the bullpen was so bad. It's still early and we have too many errors, but we'll find out soon if pitching is any better than last year.

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
Kind of looks like Lemonis is thinking win the Friday night game with your ace on the mound, try to steal one on Saturday, then have the number 2 starter on Sunday against the opponents number 3 guy. Only thing I can see with this rotation. Also looks like next Tuesday’s game in Pearl is an important one that he wants to get using Jurrangelo and Loftin to get a win against USM midweek guy.

He is probably just trying to give Gartman his normal rest.

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
Cade Friday
Yntema Saturday
Gartman Sunday

One thing I can never fault Lemonis for is having too long of a leash when guys aren’t throwing strikes. That guy does NOT play around with pitchers that can’t find the zone

dickiedawg

Feb 22, 2008
Cade is good pitcher. Unless he's a lot better than last year, he'd be a really good, reliable Game 2 or Game 3 guy. Poor recruiting has made him our ace. It looks like he's gonna have to face the best guys from SEC teams with more pitching talent. Preston was that guy last year and he finished 3-4 with an unimpressive ERA. But, Lemonis kept him in an inning or so too long because the bullpen was so bad. It's still early and we have too many errors, but we'll find out soon if pitching is any better than last year.
If smith goes 3-4 I think you’d take that at this point, right?
There’s 13 weekends left, he’s given you a chance in 9 of them. Obviously those aren’t aspirational numbers and you expect to have a Friday guy who puts up way better. But this year we don’t have that. Hopefully Loo or Loftin grows into that by season’s end.

Edit: I see now they gave smith the win last week, even though he didn’t qualify for it. That changes the equation a little bit.

Last edited:

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
Cade Friday
Yntema Saturday
Gartman Sunday

Looks good but I want to know who's catching???

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
If smith goes 3-4 I think you’d take that at this point, right?
There’s 13 weekends left, he’s given you a chance in 9 of them. Obviously those aren’t aspirational numbers and you expect to have a Friday guy who puts up way better. But this year we don’t have that. Hopefully Loo or Loftin grows into that by season’s end.
I'd like to see at least 5 innings and an overall ERA under 4. Love to see ERA under 3. I want pitchers to give the team a chance and pitchers to not have to worry about errors.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
It is incredible to see the regression of guys who have been under Foxhall for multiple years now.

Hunt and Smith are complete 17ing basketcases.

11 walks!!?!?!

Reactions: patdog

Dawghouse

Sep 14, 2011
Well 17 it all at this point. I just hope we can the coaches in time not to screw up the freshman.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login