Az St vs Tx St line

85Bears

Jan 12, 2020
isnt Texas state a sunbelt team ? Thats surprising. I want to see what skattebo does the rest of the year, that’s the hardest running back I’ve seen in recent memory

patdog

May 28, 2007
That game shouldn’t be close. I think closer to 21 than 1.

Howiefeltersnstch

Dec 28, 2019
I'm scared we are gonna realize ASU is exactly who we thought they were. Let's face the fact that plenty of teams ease up on the hammers when they are up 30 to 3. Did we fight our way back or did they ease up and let us pull closer ? How many teams are gonna let Scatnpoo truck them for 3 quarters of football ?? Not many. This guy ain't Earl Campbell ffs.

85Bears

Jan 12, 2020
I'm scared we are gonna realize ASU is exactly who we thought they were. Let's face the fact that plenty of teams ease up on the hammers when they are up 30 to 3. Did we fight our way back or did they ease up and let us pull closer ? How many teams are gonna let Scatnpoo truck them for 3 quarters of football ?? Not many. This guy ain't Earl Campbell ffs.
I agree with you, but Skattabo is pretty dang good. i think the difference is most teams would just put 8 in the box.

Pookieray

Oct 14, 2012
Vegas has made $$$$$$$$$$$ on knowing their trade. I think its just terrible that we were +5.5 and Tx ST is +1. And Vegas nailed it.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
ASU is not good, we play them 10 times, we beat them 6 or 7. The bad offensive PI call was a 10-14 point swing and, any other DC in the country would have stacked the line. Surely our's learned from that. ASU has absolutely nothing other than their rushing attack. A peewee coach should have shut that down by the end of the first quarter.

HumpDawgy

Apr 6, 2010
Obviously Texas State knows how to tackle.

I think Vegas realizes that Arizona State is very one dimensional and that will not fly going forward. Have you ever seen an 11 man box?

Xenomorph

Feb 15, 2007
Texas State gonna pull the upset and be like...

Reactions: BulldogBlitz

ababyatemydingo

Nov 27, 2008
ASU is not good, we play them 10 times, we beat them 6 or 7. The bad offensive PI call was a 10-14 point swing and, any other DC in the country would have stacked the line. Surely our's learned from that. ASU has absolutely nothing other than their rushing attack. A peewee coach should have shut that down by the end of the first quarter.
what's concerning is that our DC "had" to learn from that. that's a pretty basic defensive adjustment. not rocket surgery. it proves we hired someone not ready for the position he was hired for.

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
If youve seen Texas State play theyve got an Off and a QB thats probably better than ours. Plus they just destroyed one of the better teams in the SunBelt.

In no way should this line be anything close to 21. Line is probably spot on. Giving the game is being played in Texas.

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
Hutzler is going to be the lightning rod for this entire season, isn't he?

Yeah, maybe his scheme for this game wasn't perfect but you have to think there is a larger reason we run a 3-whatever.

With that said we had 4 men on the LOS all night. We had 5--10 in the box all night. Hell we had 10 in the box when Scattboo convert the 4th down to ice it.

Hutzler may not be Bud Ryan.... but we are severely lacking talent on defense too.

oh..... AzSt will win by 7+.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
what's concerning is that our DC "had" to learn from that. that's a pretty basic defensive adjustment. not rocket surgery. it proves we hired someone not ready for the position he was hired for.
We certainly agree on that. There were plenty of good DCs available.

patdog

May 28, 2007
You watch the same game I did? Their OL and DL were abusing us and our LBs can't tackle for sh*t. That game was a lot closer to being a blowout than a MSU win.

Reactions: biodawg

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
If that game is played in ASU. We lose that game 9 of 10 times.

If that game is played in Starkville. We lose that game 5 or 6 times out of ten at best.

Talent on the lines too much. Plus if they game was close, ASU would have just continue to churn up the yards. We never stopped them when it mattered.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
You watch the same game I did? Their OL and DL were abusing us and our LBs can't tackle for sh*t. That game was a lot closer to being a blowout than a MSU win.
not just LBs, our entire D can't tackle for sh*t.

But we made them look better than they are, plus too many of our fans are overlooking that 10-14 point swing the errounus PI call cost us. That wast he biggest play of the game by far.

Reactions: Irondawg and patdog

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
isnt Texas state a sunbelt team ? Thats surprising. I want to see what skattebo does the rest of the year, that’s the hardest running back I’ve seen in recent memory

Yep, they are in 4th place in the Sunbelt right now. That tells you this is an easy bet on AZ St, or, Vegas thinks we totally suck. You be the judge

Reactions: 85Bears

MStateU

Nov 15, 2009
I don't think ASU is that good. They have a quarterback that cannot throw the football. We stack the box and we win going away. We didn't.

We will see I guess, but i feel like they are going to face much better defensive schemes than they faced Saturday night going forward.

Howiefeltersnstch

Dec 28, 2019
I feel like it's a lot more Jimmy and Joe's. Isaac Smith can't make every tackle. From the safety position. 3rd level. That means he ran past or over our DL and then ran over our LB. We didn't get better in the second half. They were getting tired of man handling us. Blowing us 6 yards off the line of scrimmage for 20 minutes out of a 30 minute half is exhausting I'm sure.

patdog

May 28, 2007
not just LBs, our entire D can't tackle for sh*t.

But we made them look better than they are, plus too many of our fans are overlooking that 10-14 point swing the errounus PI call cost us. That wast he biggest play of the game by far.
Thank God for Isaac Smith though.

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
Texas state plays fast. Super fast. Has a dual threat QB whose legit and some play makers on the outside.

They'll score tonight. Line is dead on. If it were 7 every sharp in the world would be on TxState

ckDOG

Dec 11, 2007
Hutzler is going to be the lightning rod for this entire season, isn't he?

Yeah, maybe his scheme for this game wasn't perfect but you have to think there is a larger reason we run a 3-whatever.

With that said we had 4 men on the LOS all night. We had 5--10 in the box all night. Hell we had 10 in the box when Scattboo convert the 4th down to ice it.

Hutzler may not be Bud Ryan.... but we are severely lacking talent on defense too.

oh..... AzSt will win by 7+.
We treated defense like an afterthought this post season based on hires and transfers. Looks like we are going to get the return based on our investment. Hope I look foolish after Saturday evening and last week turns out to be a head scratcher.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login