Back from Alltel

Agentdog

Aug 16, 2006
What left the next to biggest impression on me today was Texas' size. They have a gigantic and deep front court. Plus they are very quick in the back court. They will beat the shiznit out of Memphis. IF Memphis makes it that far. Memphis.......they are equally as fast at the guard spot but lack the size that Texas has in the front court. Texas looks like a NBA team.

Memphis gets the ball up court with a quickness. However, Memphis' speed might have been a bit misleading tonight as they faced a JUCO team. Not trying to be a smartass but UTA was small and slow. That game was a total mismatch. None the less, I look for Memphis to get some transistion baskets on our lazy *** defense.

On State.......I have never seen so much standing around and lack of urgency in an offense. We shot so poorly to start because it was so easy for Oregon to guard the perimeter with everyone standing around. With that said, we did a good job of pulling a play out of our *** and getting the ball down low for an easy two when we needed it. But still, most of the time, it is just to easy for our opponent to guard us. On defense, we were lazy tonight. Coming off picks, we give up far to much space We never fought through or flashed out to push the dribbler back. The dribbler always gets an open look or lane to dribble. Then on the other end. We run a pick and get trapped or pushed back to midcourt....very frustrating. The passing lanes were wide open for them also.

On Sunday.... like I said Memphis is fast and their guards can shoot. I look for more zone because they are to athletic for us to guard man to man. We just need to hope they are off shooting. Memphis ran their weave tonight and got some easy lay ups after they ran UTA all over the court. With the way we defend picks, we will need the zone to defend that as well. I think Vanardo and Chuck will match-up well down low with Dorsey and Dozier. The best chance is that we are hot and Memphis gets somewhat rattled after being tested for the first time since playing UT.

Now the biggest impression of the day, St. Mary's dance team. H-O-T. That was not your regular Mary Catherine Gallager. Those chicks may attend a mid major but they had major conference talent. Oh, and State was the only school not to bring a dance squad. The cheerleaders were THE lamest during TOs as well. Very embarrassing. State had a nice crowd there. Probably equal to Texas but Memphis had quite a following. I am sure many of those in blue were probation officers.

</p>

TaleofTwoDogs

Jun 1, 2004
defense was a very lazy effort. Very little energy. The only answer I can find to explain that lack of energy is the fact the team may have been unsure on how to react to Oregon, thus indecision became "laziness". Also double thumbs up on the dance girls...very nice. Typically the dance squad at most schools make the cheerleaders look bad.

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007
I sat directly behind our bench last night... incredible seats. I can't remember seeing any displays of enthusiasm from the team. Even when we were making our comeback. Rhodes did do his high five routine after the game, but I didn't see smile number one from our players when they were walking back to the locker room. If I hadn't just seen them win, I would've guessed that they had lost based on their facial expressions.

I'm guessing that we are saving our enthusiasm for the #1 seed. We're gonna need it tomorrow.

Also... no beer?! I've never been to a regional, but I was under the assumption that it worked like bowl games. No big deal, but it was kind of an unpleasant surprise. I guess it was better on the old pocketbook, though.

MSUCostanza

Jan 10, 2007
When Rhodes dunked the ball to give us the lead late, the entire bench jumped up and down. I saw plenty of enthusiasm.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
They showed them toward the end of the game and just right after high fiving and smiling. How could you not miss that?

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007
I can't remember seeing any displays of enthusiasm from the team
I was talking about the ones on the court.

Maybe it was my perspective b/c in the 1st half, I was in line with Oregon's basket and we were playing like ****. In the 2nd half, they would've been doing any celebrating on the other end (I was on row two and Stansbury was standing and in the way for most of the game). When they walked off the court at the end they looked like they looked like they were at a funeral.

It was so business-like that it was surprising. After all of the adversity earlier in this season, I guess I was expecting them to be more jovial afterwards. Hopefully, they saved it for tomorrow.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login