Bad weekend for MS continues beyond tornadoes….

Status
Not open for further replies.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
2 shot and killed at St Paddy’s Day parade in Jackson. This wasn’t gang violence either. One of the alleged victims was a young mechanical engineer from MSU.

Just unbelievable, the world we are living in.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
2 shot and killed at St Paddy’s Day parade in Jackson. This wasn’t gang violence either. One of the alleged victims was a young mechanical engineer from MSU.

Shmuley

Mar 6, 2008

Shooter was a white male resident of Rankin County who was parked sitting in his car with his girlfriend prior to the parade. Allegedly the redneck and girlfriend got into an altercation. The victim came over to help the girlfriend. Redneck shot him and a female innocent bystander.

• Angry
Reactions: KentuckyDawg13

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Shooter was a white male resident of Rankin County who was parked sitting in his car with his girlfriend prior to the parade. Allegedly the redneck and girlfriend got into an altercation. The victim came over to help the girlfriend. Redneck shot him and a female innocent bystander.
Not incredibly difficult to find them on Facebook either. Just nuts. You can’t be too careful out there. You can’t even help anybody else.

• Sad
Reactions: Cantdoitsal

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014

Jackson and all other democrat ran cities are going to hell in a hand basket. This is why **** won't ever revive in downtown Jackson. People ain't gonna go

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
On the cheerful side there is a Mississippi guy playing in the final four on the FAU team.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
Jackson and all other democrat ran cities are going to hell in a hand basket. This is why **** won't ever revive in downtown Jackson. People ain't gonna go

I guess you missed the part about the shooter being a 'neck from Rankin County.

Jackson can't be defended, but acting like this incident was a symptom of Jackson's issues is kinda disingenuous.

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
Sad Loss of Life. Can't imagine what the surviving friends and family are going thru right about now. Can't chalk this one up due to Jacktown's Leadership though. Just a Neck Neckin'. Wonder how he feels now that he's sober and in jail knowing he's gonna be there for a Looooooong time.

WrapItDog

Aug 23, 2012
I tried to break up a domestic dispute one time. I'll never do that again.

Wife and husband arguing in a parking lot. Wife throws first punch to husbands head. He started beating her ***. She's down on the pavement and I pull the guy off of her. She hops up and punches me in the head. She is cussing me and telling me to mind my own Fing business.

I told her husband to get back to kicking her *** if that's what yall want to do.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022

Wife and husband arguing in a parking lot. Wife throws first punch to husbands head. He started beating her ***. She's down on the pavement and I pull the guy off of her. She hops up and punches me in the head. She is cussing me and telling me to mind my own Fing business.

I told her husband to get back to kicking her *** if that's what yall want to do.
Correct. White Knighting can get you in trouble QUICK. And the court system in this country is complicit, that’s why so many seemingly normal men lose their minds. The breakdown of the nuclear family and the fallout is some real sh*t. It’s our biggest problem.

GhostOfJackie

Apr 20, 2009
I have not been to an event in the City of Jackson in 10 years, and don’t plan to attend one. Nothing will ever change with Jackson and we need to stop expecting it to. Put your energy into the other great cities and towns in Mississippi that are thriving.

AstroDog

Oct 5, 2022
Sad Loss of Life. Can't imagine what the surviving friends and family are going thru right about now. Can't chalk this one up due to Jacktown's Leadership though. Just a Neck Neckin'. Wonder how he feels now that he's sober and in jail knowing he's gonna be there for a Looooooong time.
Wish yall wouldn't use the "n" word like that.***

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022

Alright then. Looks like this guy was more thug than redneck.

Last edited:

Shmuley

Mar 6, 2008

Just trying to stay alive inside a Hinds County prison. He will not do well in prison.

Reactions: paindonthurt

DAWGSANDSAINTS

Oct 10, 2022
That POS already trying to keep himself alive before he even gets to Parchman.
They’ll get wind of that video if not shown the video to the right folks at Parchman.
It won’t be pretty then.
Know what I’m saying ?!?!

MagnoliaHunter

Jan 23, 2007

Either I know you or I know someone else that this happened to. Was this in the Pearl WalMart parking lot?

Xenomorph

Feb 15, 2007

Looks like ole Jordan is going through some withdrawals. Parchman’s gonna be a helluva ride for that boy.

Reactions: Msdeltareb

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
Super duper dem man flies in to save the day!
Half a dozen others already pushed back on Trojan's weak attempt to blame the violence in Jackson's known safety issue.
I didn't fly in to save anything - I just piled on.

Jackson has many clearly documented issues. This incident is not more evidence of those issues.
Feel free to actually comment on the topic and show why Trojan's comment is accurate.

KentuckyDawg13

Aug 15, 2006
Yeah, this just happens in Democrat majority cities...moronic comment, it's happening everywhere blamer. Gun laws need to be changed. Background checks should be a no brainer, but we know how some feel about that.

• Haha
Reactions: FQDawg and AROB44

ababyatemydingo

Nov 27, 2008
Yeah, this just happens in Democrat majority cities...moronic comment, it's happening everywhere blamer. Gun laws need to be changed. Background checks should be a no brainer, but we know how some feel about that.
we all know criminals will certainly follow gun laws. criminals don't buy guns over the counter. they either steal them or get them on the street. 90% of the time, the former

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Look at the gun violence in democratic tan cities compared to the rest of the us and get back to me. Look at gun related deaths in Jackson, New Orleans, Chicago, Portland, Atlanta, houston. Those cities are much stricter on gun laws than most of their surrounding rural areas That rarely have any kind of gun violence. Why do you think that is?

ckDOG

Dec 11, 2007

That boy ain't right.

FQDawg

May 1, 2006
Look at the gun violence in democratic tan cities compared to the rest of the us and get back to me. Look at gun related deaths in Jackson, New Orleans, Chicago, Portland, Atlanta, houston. Those cities are much stricter on gun laws than most of their surrounding rural areas That rarely have any kind of gun violence. Why do you think that is?

OK, I'm getting back to you with someone who has looked at murder rates: https://www.thirdway.org/report/the-two-decade-red-state-murder-problem

For those that don't want to read the whole article, here are the main points. Emphasis mine.

Takeaways​

• The murder rate in the 25 states that voted for Donald Trump has exceeded the murder rate in the 25 states that voted for Joe Biden in every year from 2000 to 2020.
  • Over this 21-year span, this Red State murder gap has steadily widened from a low of 9% more per capita red state murders in 2003 and 2004 to 44% more per capita red state murders in 2019, before settling back to 43% in 2020.
  • Altogether, the per capita Red State murder rate was 23% higher than the Blue State murder rate when all 21 years were combined.
  • If Blue State murder rates were as high as Red State murder rates, Biden-voting states would have suffered over 45,000 more murders between 2000 and 2020.
  • Even when murders in the largest cities in red states are removed, overall murder rates in Trump-voting states were 12% higher than Biden-voting states across this 21-year period and were higher in 18 of the 21 years observed.

And, in the interest of full disclosure, this site identifies as being center-left but they outline their research method in the story:

In this study, we collected homicide data from 2000 through 2020 for all 50 states from the Center of Disease Control Wonder’s National Center for Health Statistics Mortality Data. Data is based on death certificates collected by state registries and provided to the National Vital Statistics System. We chose CDC data over FBI data because it’s more up to date and does not rely on voluntary reporting from counties and states. All states are required to report mortality data to the CDC; they’re only encouraged to report crime data to the FBI. The United States Department of Justice has acknowledged that CDC data is more accurate.

Reactions: FrontRangeDawg

FQDawg

May 1, 2006
I also want to touch on the point someone made yesterday that claims Australia cracking down on guns didn't work. That's demonstrably false. Whoever came up with that talking point is either egregiously wrong or outright lying.

Since the 1996 Port Arthur massacre, after which Australia implemented tougher gun laws and a nationwide gun buy-back program, there have only been 12 mass killings (defined as having four or more victims) in the entire country. Of those 12, only four involved guns of any kind. Three of those four were domestic situations where someone only killed members of their own family. And in one of those three, the perpetrator killed his family with a knife and only used a gun to commit suicide. The other eight incidents involve either stabbings, arson, blunt instruments or automobiles.

So, since 1996, there has only been one incident in Australia where someone committed a mass shooting against strangers that resulted in four or more victims. I'll round that up to two since there was another incident at a university in 2002 where a student shot and killed two other students and wounded several others, though there's evidence that the perpetrator in that incident targeted at least one of the victims.

Last edited:

ckDOG

Dec 11, 2007
we all know criminals will certainly follow gun laws. criminals don't buy guns over the counter. they either steal them or get them on the street. 90% of the time, the former
This is defeatist and a slippery slope to arguing we don't need laws at all simply bc people break them. Of course people break laws. And with guns in the USA it's uniquely difficult to regulate any gun-related law bc we already have at least 1 gun per person in this country. We are proper 17ed basically. But insinuating we shouldn't try to regulate certain aspects is dangerously lazy and/or stupid. Surely there is a way to respect views on 2A while also making society a little less susceptible to gun violence?

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Come on guys used in Australia as an example. Silly Australia is nothing like United States.

I only use hunting guns. I don't care anything for pistols or assault so weapons. They should put tougher restrictions on pistols and assault rifles because there's nothing but tools for people who are shooting enthusiast and home protection nuts. Nothing will protect your home like a 12 gauge loaded with buckshot. It's just my opinion you can have yours too OK?

The problem is every time you give the Left an inch they take a mile. They would ban all the guns. Don't believe me, just let this sort of legislative work get started and watch what happens. The Left doesn't bargain.

ckDOG

Dec 11, 2007
Come on guys used in Australia as an example. Silly Australia is nothing like United States.

I only use hunting guns. I don't care anything for pistols or assault so weapons. They should put tougher restrictions on pistols and assault rifles because there's nothing but tools for people who are shooting enthusiast and home protection nuts. Nothing will protect your home like a 12 gauge loaded with buckshot. It's just my opinion you can have yours too OK?

The problem is every time you give the Left an inch they take a mile. They would ban all the guns. Don't believe me, just let this sort of legislative work get started and watch what happens. The Left doesn't bargain
Nor does the right. Tail wags the dog in both parties. And here we are.

Reactions: FrontRangeDawg

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
OK, I'm getting back to you with someone who has looked at murder rates: https://www.thirdway.org/report/the-two-decade-red-state-murder-problem

For those that don't want to read the whole article, here are the main points. Emphasis mine.

And, in the interest of full disclosure, this site identifies as being center-left but they outline their research method in the story:

To get accurate data, research and drill down by county in those "red states". The most dangerous counties voted Biden.

for example the most muders in Mississippi per capita are Coahoma, Washington and hinds. All voted Biden.

In Alabama the most murders per capita are Macon and Dallas and both went for Biden.

missouri: St. Louis county/ Biden

Arkansas: Phillips/Biden.

Last edited:

FQDawg

May 1, 2006
To get accurate data, research and drill down by county in those "red states". The most dangerous counties voted Biden.

for example the most muders in Mississippi per capita are Coahoma, Washington and hinds. All voted Biden.

In Alabama the most murders per capita are Macon and Dallas and both went for Biden.

missouri: St. Louis county/ Biden

Arkansas: Phillips/Biden.

The original post said compare cities to the rest of the US. I found a study that did that. A study that showed that even when you gave red states a boost by removing the murder rates in their largest cities, still showed that red states have a higher murder rate than blue states.

Again, here's the relevant quote:
  • Even when murders in the largest cities in red states are removed, overall murder rates in Trump-voting states were 12% higher than Biden-voting states across this 21-year period and were higher in 18 of the 21 years observed.
But now you're saying we should cherry pick some counties instead? Ok. We can do that. If you search for safest counties in Mississippi, the very first things that comes up says the five safest are:

1. Choctaw (Trump)
2. Marshall (Biden)
3. Clay (Biden)
4. Lamar (Trump)
5. Sunflower (Biden)

The five least safe are allegedly:
1. Marion (Trump)
2. Panola (Trump)
3. Washington (Biden)
4. Jackson (Trump)
5. Scott (Trump)

But I look forward to you moving the goalposts again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login