Ballgame 15-0......................

cutbaitdawg

Feb 24, 2008
..looks like we may have turned the corner. Wonder what the team avg will be going into the weekend?

G

Goat Holder

really need some no name guys to step up. Tyler Moore and Andy Rice have done it. Now we need a pitcher or four to do it.

patdog

May 28, 2007
They're playing Mississippi Valley State. How can you tell if they're stepping up or not?

patdog

May 28, 2007
we scored 4 and 3 runs. We hit well enough to take 1 of 3 from Baylor, but almost all of the production came in 1 game. A game we still managed to lose by 5 runs. And most of that production came against 2 relievers who came on when Baylor was way ahead (i.e. not their top line pitchers).

Todd4State

Mar 3, 2008
I'm not going to say Lee Swindle is the answer since it was Valley, but 7 innings of shutout ball is pretty promising, so he definately earned another midweek start.

G

Goat Holder

you critical douchebag. Rice was .500 on the weekend and Moore was .300 with 2 HR.

DawgTeacher

Feb 24, 2008
I thought Lee did a nice job of getting himself out of trouble a few times. I'll take a shutout, but it was Valley and they hit a lot of balls really hard. Some actually dropped in for base hits but some were right at guys for an easy out. We hit the strike zone consistently but were hit very hard by a team that is not that good. I also got to talk to an old friend thats in the dugout and he said we're just really young and still learning. He is aware of the inconsistency from the mound as well and said that it's one of those weird things that makes this game so humbling at times. My high school team has a kid that is being looked at by a few D-I schools as a catcher and they've heard he can pitch too. He has turned into a head case and can't find the strike zone unless he's throwing a pen. Maybe that's what's going on in Starkville as well, I don't know. We are gonna hit the baseball and score runs (avg.= 8 runs/ game, and we've scored more than 8 in 7 games). If we'll throw strikes and make a few plays behind the pitcher, we'll be ok. Baseball is a long season, we've got a long road. It's a marathon, not a sprint.

G

Goat Holder

if we're throwing strikes. I can not stand to walk the game away though.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login