Bally Sports launching Bally Sports+ in July.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
For all you streamers that want your local pro baseball/hockey/basketball team Bally Sports will offer a streaming service. Price is a little steep at 20 bucks a month.

BoomBoom.sixpack

Aug 22, 2012
For all you streamers that want your local pro baseball/hockey/basketball team Bally Sports will offer a streaming service. Price is a little steep at 20 bucks a month.

Braves have yet to reach a deal to allow streaming their games. Bummer. If they work it out, I can finally drop Directv.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
That’s not going to change. Teams are having to make a new additional deal for the streaming service.

af102

May 17, 2009
Over here in Atlanta, there has been a ton of complaining because Bally was dropped by both YoutubeTV and Hulu Live when they transitioned from FoxRSN because of squabbles over money. The only options are DirecTV Stream or actual cable/satellite. However, you can get around blackout restrictions on ESPN+ (MLS), NBA League Pass, and MLB.TV with a VPN.

These are what all you would be paying to see non-national games for the 3 leagues in Atlanta (+/- depending on when you purchase and VPN provider)
VPN= $50/year
ESPN+= $70/year
MLB.TV= $140/year
NBA League Pass= $200/year

So $35-40/month just to get the blacked out games, and that still leaves you without everything on ESPN+SEC networks/FS1+2/NBC family. If you add YoutubeTV ($65/month) to cover those holes, you are basically at/above the cost of cable anyways.

Because of how the games are divided up, you basically have 2 options- pay for cable or just pirate everything. The hassle+cost of the VPN route just isn't worth it IMO.

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
I’m glad you pointed this out because we’ve been dealing with the same lunacy for the last couple years.

When YouTube dropped regional sports, it meant that we could no longer get Grizz games, so we signed up for Team League Pass @ $18/mo. As soon as we try to watch the first game, we’re told that it’s blacked out because we can watch it through our local provider which we clearly can’t do since YouTube doesn’t carry Bally. So we then sign up for NordVPN in order to disguise our location in order to utilize a service THAT WE ARE PAYING FOR.

I get that that everyone is trying to get their piece of the pie right now, and they have to protect themselves from things like password sharing, local blackout rules, etc, but this crap is getting ridiculous

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
The MLB and NBA blackout rules are so antiquated. They’re losing out on subscribers because of it.

TrueMaroonGrind

Jan 6, 2017
The MLB and NBA blackout rules are so antiquated. They’re losing out on subscribers because of it.

MLB is just par for the course. The NBA not figuring this out really surprises me. They have been the best at modernizing their sport. You can see NBA highlights on every online platform you want, but watching the actual games is phenomenally difficult to do. I guess the lawyers really have a hold on this regional streaming format. Hopefully they figure it out soon.

DawgInThe256

Feb 18, 2011
MLB is so stupid, they should pay the streaming services an incentive to carry the regional networks. I leave 3 hours from Atlanta, but the Braves are the only team I can't watch on MLB.tv. So I have no interest in going to a Braves game.

047Dog

Jan 29, 2020
According to an article in the Atlanta Journal Constitution, the Braves may not be a part of this. It says that Bally has to come to an agreement with individual MLB teams for their rights and so far there are only like 5 teams with the Braves not being one of them. They also had a quote from one of the Liberty execs saying they don’t think this model is viable for MLB so it’s not looking promising at that moment. Ridiculous.

I still can’t watch the Braves games on the app when they play on Southeast. Even tho the cable package I’m signing in on has both Bally channels, I can’t get games that are on that channel for some reason. It always says not available as part of your package.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login