Baltimore @ San Fran Thread

57stratdawg

Mar 24, 2010
Big MNF tonight. Potential Super Bowl preview.

San Fran -6.5. O/U 48.

That’s a sizable line. I know it’s a long travel for Baltimore and San Fran is playing well, but still

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
I like both teams and the players for San Francisco and Baltimore it's hard to pick one. I just can't stand Kittle. He just comes off as a prick. He might be a good guy but I would be surprised. There's so many good tight ends in the NFL.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Except for the interceptions, it has been a good heavyweight fight. The teams are pretty even.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
It’s also exposing how bad San Francisco’s defense is. I’m telling you it’s the reason they won’t go to the Super Bowl.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
Enter Dak

Would love to see their D be the ones to throttle Jackson
Happy Cracking Up GIF by Regal

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
It’s also exposing how bad San Francisco’s defense is. I’m telling you it’s the reason they won’t go to the Super Bowl.
Bad? That’s pretty ridiculous. Coming into this evening, they were 2nd in the NFL points per game allowed, 9th in yards per play allowed, and 11th in yards per game allowed. They aren’t perfect, but they are a pretty damn stout defense.

Any defense is going to start sucking when their starting QB throws 4 picks in the first 35 minutes, and keeps them on the field all damn night.

Reactions: Dawg1976 and HRMSU

bulldoghair

Jul 9, 2013
This is what happens when Brock Purdy’s receivers aren’t taking his screen passes and running for touchdowns on below average defenses.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
This is what happens when Brock Purdy’s receivers aren’t taking his screen passes and running for touchdowns on below average defenses.
Uhhh……Brock Purdy leads the NFL in air yards per attempt at 10.6.

He’s had a rough night, but he’s far from a Checkdown Charlie.

Reactions: BonzoGoesToCollege

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007
Anymore thoughts of this little nobody QB being in the MVP conversation just went **poof**. 5 picks. Unheard of.

Reactions: DawgsNCowboys87

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
Anymore thoughts of this little nobody QB being in the MVP conversation just went **poof**. 5 picks. Unheard of.
Well, Darnold threw that last one. But yeah, will be interesting to see if Dak retakes the lead in Total QBR after that dud from Purdy. I think he probably won’t.

Regarding the MVP, it might be a tough year to give it to a QB. I think maybe if Buffalo wins out and takes the AFC East, you could make a case for Josh Allen. Otherwise, I think it probably should go to CMC…he’s had such a historic campaign and has legitimately not had a single down week.

Purdy has been very good, but he simply isn’t the engine for that 49ers offense. Dak has been very good, but Dallas has choked away too many games for him to really get a serious look. Lamar has actually been pretty pedestrian for most of the season, although he was very good tonight. Hurts has taken a definite step back from his MVP runner-up season from a year ago. No one else is even remotely in consideration.

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007
Well, Darnold threw that last one. But yeah, will be interesting to see if Dak retakes the lead in Total QBR after that dud from Purdy. I think he probably won’t.

Regarding the MVP, it might be a tough year to give it to a QB. I think maybe if Buffalo wins out and takes the AFC East, you could make a case for Josh Allen. Otherwise, I think it probably should go to CMC…he’s had such a historic campaign and has legitimately not had a single down week.

Purdy has been very good, but he simply isn’t the engine for that 49ers offense. Dak has been very good, but Dallas has choked away too many games for him to really get a serious look. Lamar has actually been pretty pedestrian for most of the season, although he was very good tonight. Hurts has taken a definite step back from his MVP runner-up season from a year ago. No one else is even remotely in consideration.
Been a weird year, for sure. All the oddsmakers have had the QBs at the forefront of the MVP race, but I would agree that CMC deserves it. I got lucky as hell to get him on my fantasy team, and he’s been prolific. He’s the single spot I never had to think about week to week.

The biggest thing is that he’s stayed healthy. That’s unusual for him.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
Been a weird year, for sure. All the oddsmakers have had the QBs at the forefront of the MVP race, but I would agree that CMC deserves it. I got lucky as hell to get him on my fantasy team, and he’s been prolific. He’s the single spot I never had to think about week to week.

The biggest thing is that he’s stayed healthy. That’s unusual for him.
I don’t disagree with CMC either.

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
Baltimore is for real. Did not see that coming. And keep in mind they lost one of the best TE’s in the league to injury several weeks ago and haven’t skipped a beat.

Niners will be fine. This could still easily have been a preview of what the Super Bowl ends up being.

57stratdawg

Mar 24, 2010
The Ravens are going to be like a 7 point favorite next week in Miami.

The Hamilton injury could be really big. He’s been a stud.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
Ok so who’s your pick.
I already said CMC or Allen, depending on how the last 2 weeks shake out. I suppose maybe a case could be made for Tua, but seems like a long shot.

Lamar is way, way off his 2019 pace from when he won MVP that season. Its really hard to see him getting it over Allen, Purdy, Dak, Tua, and Hurts. Pretty much all of them have better overall numbers.

I also don’t see any of the NFC QB’s having that strong of a case.

Nov 20, 2023

Yep and it doesn’t help that Dak literally has to carry the Dallas offense bc Jerry Jones won’t get him a good back and maybe a WR like Cooper or Another great route runner and physical receiver.

Reactions: IBleedMaroonDawg

aTotal360

Nov 12, 2009
Brock crapped himself followed by Shanahan crapping himself. After the 2nd INT, they abandoned the run. That's not their identity. Credit to BAL defense. They didn't let the PA pass trick them. They played very disciplined and begged the Niners to pass it.

Reactions: DesotoCountyDawg

Dawg1976

Aug 22, 2012
Just when it looked like the 49ers might be in the driver seat the Ravens humble them. Who knows.... someone unexpected could get hot in the playoffs and become a surprise champ.

dog12

Sep 15, 2016
Okay. I'll ask the question.

Who is CMC?

(I have no idea who this is.)

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login