Bama didn't give Bryce Young a single dollar as a freshman

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
👌 totally believable... why would he want to make this seem believable... at this particular time... hmmmm 🤔

Keep in mind. 5 star recruit. #1 recruit in the nation that left USC at the altar and went to Saban. The young man played for free I tell you. Free.

So poor he had to deliver food to survive, in his Mercedes.

1690935763295.png

Last edited:

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
I’m sure he got something. But at this point with the amount of players saban has put in the NFL, if you’re a player who is serious about making it to the NFL, why wouldn’t you go there, NIL or not? He seems like an intelligent kid, so it wouldn’t just floor me if someone like that decided to go to Bama without an NIL deal

Reactions: MSBamaWard

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
I’m sure he got something. But at this point with the amount of players saban has put in the NFL, if you’re a player who is serious about making it to the NFL, why wouldn’t you go there, NIL or not? He seems like an intelligent kid, so it wouldn’t just floor me if someone like that decided to go to Bama without an NIL deal
This was before nil and when the going rate for 5 stars under the table was over $500K why would anyone believe the #1 recruit in the nation had no money. It's absurd and laughable.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
This was before nil and when the going rate for 5 stars under the table was over $500K why would anyone believe the #1 recruit in the nation had no money. It's absurd and laughable.
Going rate $500k under the table huh?
You get that from a Godfrey article?

Reactions: mstateglfr

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
Going rate $500k under the table huh?
You get that from a Godfrey article?

Albert Means was paid $200K in 1999, $20K that went to his HS coach, confirmed in a public court case. That was 1999. In 2010, $180K, confirmed to Cam Newton, for one year (not for 3 or 4 years).

Both Bama and Auburn caught paying players 20 years ago and 10 years ago.

Bryce Young as the #1 five star recruit in 2019. I'm sure he got less than both of them.

MSUDAWGFAN

Apr 17, 2014
Albert Means was paid $200K in 1999, $20K that went to his HS coach, confirmed in a public court case. That was 1999. In 2010, $180K, confirmed to Cam Newton, for one year (not for 3 or 4 years).

Bryce Young as the #1 five star recruit in 2019. I'm sure he got less than both of them.
Some people want to be willfully ignorant. I find it's best to ignore them.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009

So you provided 2 examples. Neither were close to $500k. One was 11 years later and lower than the 1999 one.

Did a recruit get $500k before nil? Probably. Was it the norm or going rate? Definitely not.

T-TownDawgg

Nov 4, 2015
Why is this bullschit story coming out now? Why do an interview saying this garbage, or as a journalist, print this fiction?

Now that Gene Marsh has lost his magical immunity interference powers, is someone snooping around UA? And if so, will the NC2a do anything substantial?

Nah. This is just some drunk bammer cod sack suckers taking a bet on how many idiots will actually believe some internet false flag schit.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
I'm guessing he had to sit on the money he had or his family did. So it's more about that. Having to be hush hush about it. I still go back to the point of having hundreds of thousands of dollars given to you should be enough to get you through college - especially when all your tuition, room, books and meals are paid for.

Last edited:

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
👌 totally believable... why would he want to make this seem believable... at this particular time... hmmmm 🤔

Keep in mind. 5 star recruit. #1 recruit in the nation that left USC at the altar and went to Saban. The young man played for free I tell you. Free.

So poor he had to deliver food to survive, in his Mercedes.

View attachment 376146
Shocked Pee Wee Herman GIF

columbiadawg2

Feb 2, 2010
My assumption is that this is 100% true. I also assume he made one delivery a month or week and it came with a massive tip in cash.

Reactions: onewoof

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
Wonder how much he made in tips for Door Dash that year?
Okay this is actually brilliant. First I’m sure his Dasher Name wasn’t what you normally see like Cindy. It was probably 5 Star Freshman Alabama QB Bryce Young so he immediately got big tips. Then he could get boosters to place the order try and immediately pick it up and get $500 tips. How would that be against NCAA rules?

• Haha
Reactions: onewoof

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
You make what should be a completely valid argument, but I think the fallacy in it is operating under the assumption that these players, their families, and their handlers actually have sense. Throw the plausible risk of injury into the equation, and I think that the ones wiling to wait on a pro contract are unicorns these days. They’re looking to make the most amount of money in the shortest possible time, and they want it now

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
I’m sure there are those who will choose to believe this nonsense. If true, I wonder how many “deliveries” he actually made.
I was about to say… I guess we now know Bama’s $ launderer for last decade. Thanks for clearing that up, Bryce!

Mobile Bay

Jul 26, 2020
You make what should be a completely valid argument, but I think the fallacy in it is operating under the assumption that these players, their families, and their handlers actually have sense. Throw the plausible risk of injury into the equation, and I think that the ones wiling to wait on a pro contract are unicorns these days. They’re looking to make the most amount of money in the shortest possible time, and they want it now
If you saw the conditions many of them come from, you would understand. Josh Robinson went early because he had kids to feed. DeRunnya Wilson came from the roughest neighborhood in Alabama. One on par with the worst Jackson has to offer.

My mom was a school teacher. She had a kid in her class once. That kid's brother went off to play for Gene Stallings. The kid in mom's clas was excited because as the youngest of five or six kids, he would get to sleep in a bed for the first time now that his brother was gone.

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
Of course Bama didn't pay the man. One of the boosters paid him a hefty sum of money to get him to sign with Bama. Bama never buys players. Their boosters do at the behest of Bama coaches.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
If you saw the conditions many of them come from, you would understand. Josh Robinson went early because he had kids to feed. DeRunnya Wilson came from the roughest neighborhood in Alabama. One on par with the worst Jackson has to offer.

My mom was a school teacher. She had a kid in her class once. That kid's brother went off to play for Gene Stallings. The kid in mom's clas was excited because as the youngest of five or six kids, he would get to sleep in a bed for the first time now that his brother was gone.
True for some but not true for Young.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009

That certainly sucks but here’s a tip. Don’t have children until you are married and at least 25. It really isn’t that hard.

Do “accidents” happen? Sure but they happen a lot more when you are dumb.

Reactions: Ranchdawg
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login