Barbay’s offense is record setting.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
Rogers also currently has the 2nd highest SEC single-game passing total of his career, trailing only the 2020 Egg Bowl, where he threw it 61 times.

And he’s doing all that with a non-Air Raid offense. Barbay is not the problem.

Tsunhater

Nov 2, 2012
Rogers also currently has the 2nd highest SEC single-game passing total of his career, trailing only the 2020 Egg Bowl, where he threw it 61 times.

Correct. Our defense and our sh itty clock management t are to blame. Absolutely ridiculous that a power 5 program. Can’t manage a clock to put their team in the best place to compete. GD pay a clock coach. I’ll take the job tomorrow and guarantee. I won’t cost us a game like most coaches do at least once a year. I’ll be the Nick Saban of clock coaches. Sign me up. These DA MFers amaze me at their shi-tty clock Management!

blitz2Win

Sep 2, 2023
I promise you this was not Barbays offense. This was all Will Tulu and Zavion saying 17 it. Let's do what we do.
South Carolinas D stacked the box and took away the run daring us to pass over the top, yet they couldn’t really generate a pass rush that disrupted Will. That will be the last time we see that.

This week Bama will live in the backfield and that’s really the key to stopping Will.

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
This offense did not look like any of the garbage Barbay has been calling. Reckon he flipped to a new chapter ?

blitz2Win

Sep 2, 2023
This offense did not look like any of the garbage Barbay has been calling. Reckon he flipped to a new chapter ?
i think he took what they gave us which was obvious, you would have to be brain dead to keep running into a stacked box when they are giving you shots over the top.

We have come full circle, we are back to 10 personnel and a watered down air raid, which is really the only thing this roster can run. Which begs the question, why did we try to change the offense in the first place.

We won’t see a defense like that again in the sec, but I do expect us to stay with a similar passing offense, at least I hope so.

Reactions: josebrown

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
Are you a lifelong Appalachian State fan or something? Before USCe, you had really only a 1 game sample size of what Barbay reasonably would do in real game situations, and that was Arizona. Can’t take anything from SE LA, and LSU was so dysfunctional from both talent disparity and mental mistakes that there was really no clue what they were trying to do.

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
Well that is something new for him. Typically they just keep handing it off for 1 yard at a time. Then try to pass on 3rd and 8 like every 17n body knows is coming. Maybe after 20 years of coaching he realizes you do what works....lol

Reactions: blitz2Win

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
Are you a lifelong Appalachian State fan or something? Before USCe, you had really only a 1 game sample size of what Barbay reasonably would do in real game situations, and that was Arizona. Can’t take anything from SE LA, and LSU was so dysfunctional from both talent disparity and mental mistakes that there was really no clue what they were trying to do.
Have you not gone back and watched his previous offenses ? For 3 games his offense has sucked and been very predictable. He ran straight into a stacked box the whole second half against AZ. How smart do you have to be to realize that might not be working ?? Btw he was only at App State one year. So being a lifelong fan would tell me nothing extra about Barbay.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
i think he took what they gave us which was obvious, you would have to be brain dead to keep running into a stacked box when they are giving you shots over the top.

We have come full circle, we are back to 10 personnel and a watered down air raid, which is really the only thing this roster can run. Which begs the question, why did we try to change the offense in the first place.

We won’t see a defense like that again in the sec, but I do expect us to stay with a similar passing offense, at least I hope so.
Its not a “watered down Air Raid”. It’s not the Air Raid at all. We passed because they continued to give us passing opportunity down the field. If we see tons of dime coverage / drop 8 going forward (which we’d see 100% of the time if we were running actual Air Raid), we’ll run quite a bit and it will look like the Arizona game plan with Will only throwing 15-20 times. That is the offense.

blitz2Win

Sep 2, 2023
Well that is something new for him. Typically they just keep handing it off for 1 yard at a time. Then try to pass on 3rd and 8 like every 17n body knows is coming. Maybe after 20 years of coaching he realizes you do what works....lol
It’s promising he appears to be letting the team get back to throwing the ball, but what is missing is the technical coaching for route running, pass blocking and playcalling. We could use Mason Miller right now and the receiver coaches.

Announcers pointed out Roberson running a route right on top of Tulu when he was supposed to be running a clear out to free up Tulu one on one. wide splits and Mason Miller would come in handy for teams that have a strong pass rush which we will be seeing more of now.

The throwing lanes wide splits provide is what Will is used to, one reason he has so many balls batted down now. A they also buy him more time.

Reactions: josebrown

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
Have you not gone back and watched his previous offenses ? For 3 games his offense has sucked and been very predictable. He ran straight into a stacked box the whole second half against AZ. How smart do you have to be to realize that might not be working ??
This has been covered ad nauseum. Arnett told him to go conservative in 2nd half playcalling against Arizona with the lead. Arnett admitted as much in the postgame, said it was a mistake, owned it, said it wouldn’t happen anymore. Barbay is not going to commit to the pass or the run as a matter of principle, he’ll take what he gets and run his plays against the looks he sees. Which is how football works for every OC not named Mike Leach.

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
This has been covered ad nauseum. Arnett told him to go conservative in 2nd half playcalling against Arizona with the lead. Arnett admitted as much in the postgame, said it was a mistake, owned it, said it wouldn’t happen anymore. Barbay is not going to commit to the pass or the run as a matter of principle, he’ll take what he gets and run his plays against the looks he sees. Which is how football works for every OC not named Mike Leach.
Per Cole Cubelic Barbay went to Will and asked him what plays and concepts from last year he was comfortable running and thought would work. Then used those plays to create his game plan. Plus as you know Will changes plays any time he feels it necessary. Call it what you want but the way I see it his sh^t wasn't working so he asked Will what would.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
I thought I heard them say that was the second most passing yardage in a single game by Mississippi State?

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
South Carolinas D stacked the box and took away the run daring us to pass over the top, yet they couldn’t really generate a pass rush that disrupted Will. That will be the last time we see that.

This week Bama will live in the backfield and that’s really the key to stopping Will.
I'm afraid you might be right. They gave Will all kinds of hell last year. I hope they've come up with something to combat that pass rush.

60sdog

Oct 9, 2010

But, OL gets NO push! And OL has seldom been able to pass block either. We’re going nowhere with this OL.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login