Barry Stewart lost us this game

lanceharbor7

Feb 24, 2008
Barry played better D than anyone else on the squad. Rose was 6-16. Lack of Rebounding lost this game. That goes on Varnado and Rhodes..

Uncle Leo

Jun 30, 2006
If I had to put blame on one thing, it would be our inability to keep them off the offensive boards. Memphis had 17 offensive rebounds with 17 second chance points. That was the killer.

MaxwellSmart

May 28, 2007
His defense is important but he needs to spend the entire off season working on his shot or sit next year.

B

Bulldoghair

lanceharbor7 said:
Barry played better D than anyone else on the squad. Rose was 6-16. Lack of Rebounding lost this game. That goes on Varnado and Rhodes..

</p>no,no,no....that goes to the whole team on the court...memphis's guards were crashing the boards, varnado and rhodes can't block 5 guys out every time.

lanceharbor7

Feb 24, 2008
always been a lazy rebounder and he had ten. Varnado had 2 rebounds....2 rebounds for the center. He gets ten and MSU most likely wins.

saddawg

Jun 25, 2006
You play zone you are gonna give up some boards.

thunderclap

Feb 25, 2008
made me want to pull my hair out. I counted five times, I think, when they rebounded their own missed free throw. I bet that's never happened to us so many times in one game.

bizZaX

Mar 22, 2008
if you look at how we lost ( by 3) and then count he airballed 2 three's, he won us the first rounder against Oregon, you can say the same stuff about Brian Johnson's turnovers, and elgin baileys fouls, its just not 1 person.

vandaldawg

Feb 23, 2008
but he finally helped us get over the hump with Oregon. Rhodes hurt us on a few possessions too. What really hurt us was getting bitchslapped on the boards. We lost this game on the boards.

RunsLikeADeere

Mar 14, 2008
Barry didn't lose us this game. not being as deep as memphis is what did us in.

i'm proud of the way our boys played and the effort they put into it. good job.

all this whining on this board gets to be like a soap opera.

B

BillBrasky10

REBOUNDING LOST US THE GAME!!!!!

Did you even watch the game? Barry making a few shots would have been nice but what about the D he played all game. Way better D than Varnardo, Johnson, Johnson and Jamont.

Open your eyes and look at how much we got out-rebounded. Then you will see how terribly wrong you are. I dont think your dumb, I just think you might be blind, or you just plain missed the game.

Mar 10, 2008
Brian Johnson's inability to play interior defense against the drive or Stans' inability to recognize the deficiency in the d? After that's said and done, then we can look at Barry's inability to hit the broad side of a barn. Varnado's exit out the game each time marked a Memphis run. Plain and simple...

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login