Barstool Sports Invitational

GhostOfJackie

Apr 20, 2009
I'm sure this has been discussed, but I thought it was interesting that Barstool is hosting and handling all the production of a college basketball tournament that we happen to be playing in. Good to see them stepping out and tying to at least give us another option to watch sports. I like it.

Having Dave Portnoy and Dan Katz do play-by-play for one of our games will be fun, but I hope they keep it relatively clean this time so my son can also watch. It looks like they will have the regular crew like R&R, and I hear Brandon Walker will also be making an appearance. barstool.TV

Go ahead and get ready for it, the Boomers are going to have huge issues trying to find a way to watch this one.....

Linkage

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
Brandon Walker would be so much better on R&R than Portnoy.

I see Tiktok snippets on BFW's College Football Show (on Sling?), it looks good.

aTotal360

Nov 12, 2009
Honestly, I wouldn't mind a rated PG-13 broadcast. We need more kids talking about MSU. I trust Barstool to know how to reach and appeal to the younger demo.

All the olds have already made up their minds.

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
Honestly, I wouldn't mind a rated PG-13 broadcast. We need more kids talking about MSU. I trust Barstool to know how to reach and appeal to the younger demo.

All the olds have already made up their minds.
You know this will mean that sooner or later a couple of sixpackers might do an alternate podcast feed.

Imagine the hilarity.

Imagine the cringe.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
You know this will mean that sooner or later a couple of sixpackers might do an alternate podcast feed.

Imagine the hilarity.

Imagine the cringe.
It would be interesting to see how 3+ hours of self-loathing and exasperation would sound as it unfolds realtime.

How many times could you say “Goddammit Leach, it’s 4th & inches, run the 17ing ball!” before you start losing sponsors?

GhostOfJackie

Apr 20, 2009
If they are going to be broadcasting major D1 college athletics, I imagine they will have enough sense to clean it up a little bit. Brandon Walker will be involved in this broadcast, I can promise you that.

dawgnabit

Oct 13, 2016
It should be great but not sure how they will handle it making it acceptable for kids. They were suppose to have a bowl game last year doing this but the bowl was cancelled due to Covid. So that would’ve been a good test. But barstool has been getting more and more into broadcasting events so I’m sure they know if they want to continue and hopefully get a network deal to do it, they may need to tone it down. I know from listening to some podcasts, it’ll be funny event. They are going to have Brandon, big cat and several others playing basketball for a halftime show.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login