Baseball alumni that could do better than this

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
For those that say lemonis can't be fired or it makes no sense to fire him. I fully believe there are baseball alumni out there that could get better results there than what we are seeing now. This awe shucks from the staff is maddening.
I swear we could give some our retired mlb guys a shot at it and get something better than this. At least they know something about bulldog pride.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
For those that say lemonis can't be fired or it makes no sense to fire him. I fully believe there are baseball alumni out there that could get better results there than what we are seeing now. This awe shucks from the staff is maddening.
I swear we could give some our retired mlb guys a shot at it and get something better than this. At least they know something about bulldog pride.
Coaching and playing ain’t the same skill. That said, a college coach you would think needs SOME experience playing the game in college, even if they sucked.

The answer to this riddle is Corbin, Thompson or Burroughs. It’s not difficult.

But we aren’t going to fire him. Right or wrong, left or right, we won’t do it until after next year.

Eleven Bravo

Aug 31, 2018
Thompson and Corbin aren’t even in the picture-neither would come here even if offered the job if it comes open. Burroughs might consider it if offered the job-but Burroughs isn’t much of an upgrade, if any, over Lemonis. If Lemonis is fired, it won’t be until after the season is over. The replacement will likely be someone who is going to make our fans ask, “who the hell is this guy”??? Lemonis must go, along with his staff, but it’s very unlikely that it will happen in the middle of the season. We fired Cannizzaro during the season, but that was done because of the circumstances-it didn’t have anything to do with his incompetence as a baseball coach. We had no choice but to get rid of that guy ASAP.

Anon1664516582

Sep 30, 2022
Saw Paplebon Saturday. He could play and coach he is such good shape. He said we got a bunch of pansies and need some Alpha Dogs. And he is living in Hattiesburg. Get his ***. NOW!!

AstroDog

Oct 5, 2022
I swear we could give some our retired mlb guys a shot at it and get something better than this. At least they know something about bulldog pride.I
I'll take Buck Showalter for a few years to get it turned around and then to help find his permanent replacement.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Coaching and playing ain’t the same skill. That said, a college coach you would think needs SOME experience playing the game in college, even if they sucked.

But we aren’t going to fire him. Right or wrong, left or right, we won’t do it until after next year.
That's ********. No way the admin let the him have another year the way this year is going after last year.

man's no **** sherlock that playing is not the same as coaches but several players in minors and pros spend time shadow managing or playing/managing to learn how to manage. Baseball is a lot different than a lot of other sports too because of lot of these players also teach skills and other things. Some of our former players are more than able to coaching pitching and hitting. We have a former coach that is on campus also that we could lean on for oversight until the end of the season. It can't be any worse than what this current **** show of a staff is doing

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Thompson and Corbin aren’t even in the picture-neither would come here even if offered the job if it comes open. Burroughs might consider it if offered the job-but Burroughs isn’t much of an upgrade, if any, over Lemonis. If Lemonis is fired, it won’t be until after the season is over. The replacement will likely be someone who is going to make our fans ask, “who the hell is this guy”??? Lemonis must go, along with his staff, but it’s very unlikely that it will happen in the middle of the season. We fired Cannizzaro during the season, but that was done because of the circumstances-it didn’t have anything to do with his incompetence as a baseball coach. We had no choice but to get rid of that guy ASAP.
Landscape of college sports has changed coaches are fired mid season for extremely poor performances. I wouldn't say that Butch is untouchable or any coaches wouldn't come here. Last time cohen botched that and many coaches didn't want to come with him looking over their shoulder. I could see some one like O Conner or Tadlock being very interested in coming to our program. They have had some success but they don't have the same resources there that they would here. godwin and Burroughs would be in the 2nd tier.

WilCoDawg

Sep 6, 2012
Why’s there no talk of Mingione? Not saying he’s elite but he’s done a helluva job there with that program despite the lack of support.
**This is a question; not a sign of support**

retire the banner

Dec 29, 2022
We can get a top 10 current sitting college coach. I’m not sure why y’all are throwing out random names that no elite college baseball program would hire.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Nobody is in the picture. Because they haven't even considered firing Lemonis.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Maybe I’m the only one, but I don’t care if the next coach has MSU ties or not. Just go get the best coach you can.
You can get both. Butch or Lane, either would be great, and have MSU ties, and proven recruiting success.

ababyatemydingo

Nov 27, 2008
Chris Maloney managed for years in pro ball and won championships. He loves MSU and Mississippi. He knows his s h I t.
Literally the only problem I'd have with this is Chris' lack of recruiting experience and recruiting contacts. Of course, it can't get much worse than our current staff's strategy of relying strictly on recruit ranking services

Reactions: OG Goat Holder

bolddogge

Aug 23, 2012
You are big mad this morning. Chill out. I don't care what we do. I'm just telling you that the prospects of firing Lemonis are slim.
"I don't care what we do."?? Then why are you here debating it? If you don't care, then go away. You're not even a fan.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
"I don't care what we do."?? Then why are you here debating it? If you don't care, then go away. You're not even a fan.
I can't change it. Nothing can help the rest of this year. And we have a national title winning coach at the helm, and a pretty good freshman class, and a brand new AD. All that adds up to them getting another year to turn it around, so no reason to get upset like you are.

Stop getting so butthurt simply because I'm telling you something you don't want to hear. Ya'll are some damn modern day, transactional babies with tunnel vision. Can't see past the 2 feet in front of your own face.

Reactions: Anon1664452745

bolddogge

Aug 23, 2012
I'm not butthurt because of your opinion. Your opinion doesn't impact the way I feel in the least. I just asked the question that if you do not care what we do, then why are you here debating it. My opinion is that apathetic "fans" are just observers not really fans.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
I can't change it. Nothing can help the rest of this year. And we have a national title winning coach at the helm, and a pretty good freshman class, and a brand new AD. All that adds up to them getting another year to turn it around, so no reason to get upset like you are.

Stop getting so butthurt simply because I'm telling you something you don't want to hear. Ya'll are some damn modern day, transactional babies with tunnel vision. Can't see past the 2 feet in front of your own face.
Just telling you don't ever know what the 17 you are talking about on most any subject. You think people in admin are going to let coach get two bad years in a row with the second the worse we have ever seen return another year, then you are dumber than I thought you were.
If he's here next year then our new AD doesn't have a clue or a pair.

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
Nobody is in the picture. Because they haven't even considered firing Lemonis.
I would have agreed with you before the Kentucky series. If he keeps losing 2 games every weekend by double digit runs, I think he will get fired this year.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
You are big mad this morning. Chill out. I don't care what we do. I'm just telling you that the prospects of firing Lemonis are slim.
If we continue to get swept through the UM series (the next three weekends), wouldn't there be great pressure to let him go? I don't think we will get swept all three though, we showed a little life on Sunday.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
If we continue to get swept through the UM series (the next three weekends), wouldn't there be great pressure to let him go? I don't think we will get swept all three though, we showed a little life on Sunday.
If we get flat out embarrassed the rest of the year like the first two weekends, and the team truly quits, yeah, maybe. But I don't think that will happen. We beat Arkansas State badly. We then showed some life Sunday. That tells me that we have a talent problem.

I'm not going so far as to say we have an attitude/culture type problem yet. That's just being made up by some to support their narrative. Like it's always said, when things go wrong, people pile on.

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012

The vast majority of coaches also played. The vast majority of major league managers played pro ball. The vast majority of college coaches played at least college ball.

And you aren't paying attention. Lemonis is a dead man walking. He might finish the year. Might.

NTDawg

Mar 2, 2012
Chris Maloney managed for years in pro ball and won championships. He loves MSU and Mississippi. He knows his s h I t.
I was thinking the same thing. Hammer knows ball. He would be an unknown in recruiting but knowing his personality I bet that he would be great at it.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
Let us get beat by Samford tomorrow night or UAB on 47/11 and watch the pressure increase significantly

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
If we get flat out embarrassed the rest of the year like the first two weekends, and the team truly quits, yeah, maybe. But I don't think that will happen. We beat Arkansas State badly. We then showed some life Sunday. That tells me that we have a talent problem.

I'm not going so far as to say we have an attitude/culture type problem yet. That's just being made up by some to support their narrative. Like it's always said, when things go wrong, people pile on.
Why do we have a narrative? I've been behind lemonis until this year. I supported him all last year. This year has been unprecedentedtly bad. It's more than Jimmie's and joes. If you talk to people watching games and going you would know that.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Why do we have a narrative? I've been behind lemonis until this year. I supported him all last year. This year has been unprecedentedtly bad. It's more than Jimmie's and joes. If you talk to people watching games and going you would know that.
I am one of those people.

We know you aren't. We know you don't even set foot inside the state of MS too often. But you certainly bash it, and everything associated with it (and not talking strictly about MSU baseball, it actually does deserve to be bashed right now).

And you have a narrative because we aren't even halfway through the season. You did this same crap with Moorhead. You try and paint me like I'm supporting the coach and they can do not wrong, and that's not true. My point then and now is to let things play out to the end. If the embarrassment continues, he may get fired. But it likely won't, thus he probably won't. I guarantee you Selmon realizes that a lot of this is just hot air. The coaches are united, they know the problem (we all do, it's pitching talent, just like last year, after injuries, same as 2008-2010). It's that simple. It's not all this culture stuff. WE CAN'T PITCH, at an SEC level. Bottom line.

Getting rid of Foxhall does nothing, because no one will take the job for a lameduck head guy. They'll all get next year to see if the the rising sophomores can turn it around. Then add the national title stuff, which is different than Moorhead. We are stuck with this process right now.

If you want him gone, your best hope is that there's a scandal. And I've said before, I don't particularly like Lemonis or his recruiting strategy, nor the fact that Foxhall calls pitches (or used to). So don't push that narrative either.

Last edited:

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Some of us don't have our own heads shoved up our own *** and we can see what is plain as day. You've proven over the years you can't see the truth and you are naive and overly optimistic about any situation rather than understanding the real world and the truth about most everything including Mississippi and including situations much like Moorhead. I would say I saw early on that which took many a while to see. Just like now, what you are seeing right now with baseball is more than just arm pitching talent deficiency. That was an excuse last year. Won't work this year because it's more than that.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Some of us don't have our own heads shoved up our own *** and we can see what is plain as day. You've proven over the years you can't see the truth and you are naive and overly optimistic about any situation rather than understanding the real world and the truth about most everything including Mississippi and including situations much like Moorhead. I would say I saw early on that which took many a while to see. Just like now, what you are seeing right now with baseball is more than just arm pitching talent deficiency. That was an excuse last year. Won't work this year because it's more than that.
Riiight. Where were all these problems 2019-2021? And we didn't have a problem last year until we lost our top 2 pitchers and a significant 3rd. These are facts. And we were fine until the come-apart when pitching finally let us down in the last 3 series.

I'm not naive or overly optimistic at all. I've made no projections. You aren't reading my content, you're just assuming sh*t that's not there.

It's pitching talent, blame whoever you will for it, I don't care. That's on the coaches. Move on.

beachbumdawg

Nov 28, 2006
Riiight. Where were all these problems 2019-2021? And we didn't have a problem last year until we lost our top 2 pitchers and a significant 3rd. These are facts.

And we were fine until the come-apart when pitching finally let us down in the last 3 series.
that speaks to lack of development within

You know it’s true - there have been more pitchers that have regressed than progressed under Foxhall and this S&C program- whatever they are doing is not conducive to keeping pitchers available

I'm not naive or overly optimistic at all. I've made no projections. You aren't reading my content, you're just assuming sh*t that's not there.
just say it, this team SUCKs right now regardless of "talent" and is on pace for THE worst SEC team in the history of the SEC
It's pitching talent, blame whoever you will for it, I don't care. That's on the coaches. Move on.
That’s going to cost them their jobs THIS year, unfortunately

dog99walker

Jul 16, 2021
Hold on. The situation is not just talent. I listen to Foxhall talk to Woo and Lowery. He’s over the moon about Parker’s talent or KC. Problem is that they get in the game and strike out two, walk the next three, and ‘a tater’ clears the bases. This has happened more than once in these two years. I can see, in the stadium, that these guys aren’t up to snuff in the SEC. Our coaches can’t see this? You guys stop with the personal insults. We have a problem.

maroonmania

Feb 23, 2008
Just telling you don't ever know what the 17 you are talking about on most any subject. You think people in admin are going to let coach get two bad years in a row with the second the worse we have ever seen return another year, then you are dumber than I thought you were.
If he's here next year then our new AD doesn't have a clue or a pair.
If our team continues to perform the way it has the past 2 weekends in the SEC following how we finished last year then Lemonis will absolutely not be back next year. There is at least the possibility that we could start playing like we have a clue and change things but given we have now lost 17 SEC games in a row I think the likelihood of that is pretty low. To be honest, if our staff can't get things turned around in a big way why would they want to come back other than just to draw a check? It would be pretty clear they are in way over their head. They should be way more embarrassed over our current abysmal level of play than even we the fans are.

Lettuce

Oct 16, 2012
How about we use some of our baseball “alumni” to pitch in on our effort to compete with NIL compensation and deficits within our conference.

rather than suck their dry dix for nothing more than a tax break

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login