Baseball Coach Poll

Status
Not open for further replies.

DawgatAuburn

Apr 25, 2006
You are the AD. You get to choose and Polk and the Cigar Boys have no say in it.

DawgatAuburn

Apr 25, 2006
You are the AD. You get to choose and Polk and the Cigar Boys have no say in it.

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
I am the one guy that voted for raffo as of now b/c I thought the question was "who gets the job"...didn't see the first part.

statefanjosh

Jan 25, 2008
I think Steve Smith from Baylor should be on the list. He has turned Baylor into a national power and has said that he would consider taking the MSU job if it came available.

BriantheDawg

May 24, 2006
He's young, won at Kentucky where no one like him really ever has before. He understands what is expected out of MSU baseball. He would be an instant spark plug for the program. He obviously can recruit. Playing in front of 10,000 fans >>> playing in front of 1,000 fans. He undertands what is expected out of MSU baseball.

Steve Smith would be runner-up if I was AD.

Dog in the Know

Nov 1, 2007
If you think he does you are an idiot. Unless someone totally overides Ron Polk, Tommy Raffo is the next head coach. There's a reason he's been an assistant for 15 years.

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
...and Palmer and Kinnison would also be good. If bonus points are given for the potential to create chaos, Bianco deserves consideration.

cowbell9

Nov 15, 2005
he has been in town alot lately. THAT is a fact. Unless he has told you personlally he doesnt wnat in College, you are the one who looks like an idio0t.

NawDawg

Aug 9, 2007
who pissed in your wheaties??

I'd like to see Cohen here for obvious reasons.
I'd like to see Bianco here for many reasons.
I'd accept Coach Mac
No real opinion either way on Showalter
I'd actually like to clean house once Polk leaves, so no Raffo for me

cowbell9

Nov 15, 2005
at Sherwin Williams. Like it or not. NS is on the list. And the only thing you "know" is how to spin records at hobieween.

slickdawg

May 28, 2007
I'd really prefer somone with no ties to MSU. Most Polk apprecnticies will coach just like Polk. We need change, a new direction.
John Cohen is an exception, Mike Kinnison at Delta State - that's my top two.

Dog in the Know

Nov 1, 2007
...and there's breaking news out of Los Angeles that Joe Torre has made a statement with sincere regret signing on as the manager in the Dodgers organization. He states that he always heard Old Waverly was a nice golf course. In fact there are many other former major league managers wanting to come to Starkville leaving the door open for Bobby Cox, Tommy Lasorda, and Cito Gaston.

By the way, if anyone post on any type of message board, they automatically fall within the idiot category.

And I will leave with this statement, just because he's on the list doesnt mean he wants the job.

bizZaX

Mar 22, 2008
NawDawg said:
who pissed in your wheaties??

I'd like to see Cohen here for obvious reasons.
I'd like to see Bianco here for many reasons.
I'd accept Coach Mac
No real opinion either way on Showalter
I'd actually like to clean house once Polk leaves, so no Raffo for me

</p>good thoughts, i definantly wouldnt mind just cleaning the whole thing out. MSU Baseball can recruit itself with its name, get someone young and ambitious and we will be just fine, I think Raffo meshes well with Polk, therefore by him leaving its kind of pointless for Raffo to even want a head coaching position.

VegasDawg13

Jun 11, 2007
One was 8dog misreading the question. You other 13, how can you endorse someone with no experience as a head coach for our baseball program?

oem

Feb 23, 2008
VegasDawg13 said:
One was 8dog misreading the question. You other 13, how can you endorse someone with no experience as a head coach for our baseball program?

</p>Oh I don't know. Maybe because everyone is entitled to an opinion and doesn't owe you an explanation for having one. And perhaps because the question was "Who gets the job?" and not "Who would you like see get the job?" See the difference?

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
kicked no.7 SC`s *** 15-3 last nite in Columbia 15-3. What the hell do we need a poll for ? Oh I forgot WE ARE MSU !!!!!

dawgstudent

Apr 15, 2003
DawgatAuburn's question was you are the AD, who would you choose. And this is a message board, explanations are not only encouraged, they are basically what keeps thought provoking threads going.

VegasDawg13

Jun 11, 2007
Why don't you try reading the whole question instead of being a smartass?</p>Edited to add: Hopefully this does answer my question,though, and all the people voting for Raffo just have reading comprehension problems like oem Einstein and aren't actually advocating hiring Raffo.

Todd4State

Mar 3, 2008
but I don't think Bianco would be a good fit for us. McDonnell was the brains behind that operation, and it's going to show in a couple of years when his recruits have left.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login