Baseball gods to MSU fans ...

wrapit

Nov 30, 2008
[FONT=&quot]"Told you that Natty last year was going to cost you going forward. But hey, there's this thing called Women's College Softball you may want to check out! We might can pull some strings....."[/FONT]

patdog

May 28, 2007
I’ve never believed in the baseball gods. But it’s about the best explanation for this season I’ve seen.

Mr. Cook

Nov 4, 2021
Baseball gods? Meh...

"Told you that Natty last year was going to cost you going forward. But hey, there's this thing called Women's College Softball you may want to check out! We might can pull some strings....."

It's called "delusions of grandeur" mixed with a "splash of complacency"

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
not having an ace like Sims to pitch Friday night really kills the vibe - as the season went on I think that just set the tone for the last few series, and we got into a funk tailspin and could not pull out.

now go see Top Gun 2 and forget about baseball for a while. next year will be much better.

Go Budaw

Aug 22, 2012
Not having any bullpen was a much bigger deal.

The issues were directly related. Sims as a starter likely means Preston could have been our inning eater out of the pen, and in general there would be less innings to have to give to Tullar / Talley / Fristoe / Tepper / etc. Of course, also losing Simmons and Auger and not having a healthy KC Hunt most of the year made it ten times worse. But I think we still would have challenged for .500 in SEC play just with a healthy Sims and everything else playing out the same way.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login