Baseball HOF Ballot released...

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
As just announced by @baseballhall, here's the 2022 @officialBBWAA Hall of Fame ballot: pic.twitter.com/tesaStndwI— Ryan Thibodaux (@NotMrTibbs) November 22, 2021

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
Getting hard to take the baseball HOF seriously when guys like Clemons and Bonds can’t get in (palmeiro too).

I understand the steroids but it was the era. And case in point is one of the top pitchers of the era in Clemons and one of the top hitters of that era in bonds. Everyone was doing it. It’s time for baseball writers to get off their high horse and put those guys in.

thekimmer

Aug 30, 2012
Getting hard to take the baseball HOF seriously when guys like Clemons and Bonds can’t get in (palmeiro too).

I understand the steroids but it was the era. And case in point is one of the top pitchers of the era in Clemons and one of the top hitters of that era in bonds. Everyone was doing it. It’s time for baseball writers to get off their high horse and put those guys in.

I agree. You know darn well there are players in the HOF that were juicing who just didn't get caught.

Hugh's Burner Phone

Aug 3, 2017

When Pete Rose is allowed in I'll consider it. Until then 17 em.

Bulldog Bruce

Nov 1, 2007
I agree with this wholeheartedly. I don't buy at all the "not doing it long enough" as being an issue. 2 time MVP. Yes he had basically only a 6 year run where he was the best player in the game and was not that before and after. Not many can say that. Sandy Kofax made it with a shortened career. Ralph Kiner only had 8 years of excellence and his highest MVP was 4th.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007

Call them cheaters if you want they were just the scapegoats. They were oversized for sure but MLB never bitched about making millions off their careers. It's stupid Pete Rose is not in after all this time.

MLB voters, owners, writers are 17ing hypocrites. They all profited from the Bash Bros Era. Now they clutch pearls and act sanctimonious. If it really was that big of a deal they would have done something while these guys were playing. Baseball made TONS of money during the bignfat arm era

I didn't know they told Dale there was a minimum season requirement.

I hope they never vote those guys or Raffy in so they can keep showing the world what ******** the HOF actually is. They forgot to tell Roberto Clemente's widow.

Last edited:

QuaoarsKing

Mar 11, 2008
MLB knew cheating was going on and was fine with it until the story broke. It's BS for MLB to act all high and mighty about it in retrospect. Clemens and Bonds are among the very best to ever play the game, and people were finding other ways to cheat in earlier decades anyway.

Sosa is a borderline case, but he and McGwire saved baseball in 1998 and deserve recognition.

Throw in Schilling and A-Rod (their numbers and achievements warrant it), and Andruw Jones, one of the absolute best defensive OFers to ever play, and my ballot would have 6 names on it.

DAWG61

Feb 26, 2008
Yea if you look at the very bottom right of the list it says "underlined for steroids and/or being a batshit crazy retrumplican**

Go Budaw

Aug 22, 2012
What are the requirements for just being on the ballot? Some of those candidates are absolutely laughable. It’s almost like all you have to do is be retired for 5 years and make one All-Star team in your career, and boom, you’re on the ballot.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login