Baseball injury updates***

Msuirondawgs

Mar 18, 2023
In case you guys havent heard already...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240317_235611_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20240317_235611_Instagram.jpg
    206.8 KB · Views: 15

CochiseCowbell

Oct 29, 2012
Stone Simmons done for the season.

Hasn't he been done for 2+ seasons at this point?

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
Shocked that Pico is already “available”….wonder if that means clean bill of health and ready to restart getting into game shape, or actually ready to pitch? The former would not be a huge surprise, the latter would be.

Reactions: 17itdawg

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
This came across my youtube feed this weekend, i'ts pretty good. And yes, Goat, I thought of you while watching it.
Good video. I'd say in general it's probably the right thing to do, because if you make it, the rewards are big. What's stupid is anyone putting themselves at risk who doesn't have at least a SHOT to make it in college at least. And that's the problem with the youth baseball economy now, so many parents are invested in lessons and have found ways to make their kids better, and they all get the delusional that improvement can continue forever. So they push push push, ending up getting TJ and the risks there, and it never matters.

Side note - I've seen all my life that baseball is 'safer' than other sports, and objectively I'm sure that's true, as far as terrible injuries. But the harder and harder these guys throw, I'm kinda like, we sit there and purposely let a guy throw 100 mph right at us. And not only that, the pitcher is only 60 feet away from huge exit velocities off batted balls. I mean look at all the protection the batters, catchers and umps wear. Hmmmmm.....

Last edited:

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Shocked that Pico is already “available”….wonder if that means clean bill of health and ready to restart getting into game shape, or actually ready to pitch? The former would not be a huge surprise, the latter would be.
I'm wondering if he had that 'tape' procedure or something, and didn't have a completely torn ligament. 1 year is a pretty quick turnaround for the full TJ procedure. It's not like he throws that hard, he just had incredible volume growing up.

17itdawg

Sep 30, 2022
Sucks to lose Highfill, but most people had been expecting it come out sooner or later. Potentially great news about Dohm and Pico.

I hate this for Stone Simmons. He seems like a good team guy. Wouldn't surprise me if he hangs it up after this set back.

Reactions: Msuirondawgs

Thebulldogcountry1

Nov 6, 2022
The times I thought to look this weekend, Simmons wasn't coaching first. I expected some sort of news this morning, positive or negative. It's just a strange situation, given that were were told he was good to go before the season started.

Given that, I'm not going to get too excited about Pico. He's "available", yet he might not pitch the rest of the season. Same with Dohm.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
I'm wondering if he had that 'tape' procedure or something, and didn't have a completely torn ligament. 1 year is a pretty quick turnaround for the full TJ procedure. It's not like he throws that hard, he just had incredible volume growing up.
I think the “tape” procedure still is about the same time table. Only difference is they don’t have to harvest a ligament from another part of your body. Still similar incision, swelling, scar tissue, etc.

Also heard its really not recommended except for extremely minor tears, as the chance of a redo is much higher.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login