Baseball is a funny game Bart and Charlie……

thekimmer

Aug 30, 2012
Listened to the out of left field pod cast today that previewed the UGA series. i Was bemused to hear the prediction that this would be a slug fest where we would have to score early and often to win That we would not win a 2-1 game and could not wait until the 8th inning to score runs and expect to win. Absolutely solid prediction but then what happens? We score 2 runs on 3 hits through 7 and added 4 in the eighth that would have still held up because they scored just 1. Now these next two might not turn out like that but the first one could not have been more different.

CharlieWinfield

Feb 15, 2015
Listened to the out of left field pod cast today that previewed the UGA series. i Was bemused to hear the prediction that this would be a slug fest where we would have to score early and often to win That we would not win a 2-1 game and could not wait until the 8th inning to score runs and expect to win. Absolutely solid prediction but then what happens? We score 2 runs on 3 hits through 7 and added 4 in the eighth that would have still held up because they scored just 1. Now these next two might not turn out like that but the first one could not have been more different.
I will typically listen to bits and pieces of them the next morning. It struck me that essentially everything we said about last night was exactly backwards of how it played out.

17itdawg

Sep 30, 2022
I will typically listen to bits and pieces of them the next morning. It struck me that essentially everything we said about last night was exactly backwards of how it played out.
We all get it backwards on occasion. Thanks for the podcasts, the great baseball broadcasts, and all the work you've put into the Bulldog Initiative! As someone that lives about 10 hours from MS, you all help me feel connected to Mississippi, Starkville, and State.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login