Baseball picks up another transfer addition.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
Didn't SC have a Reeves on their roster, and I wonder any kin.

17itdawg

Sep 30, 2022
Dubrule came from the ASUN like Frei. Yeager came from the SOCON like this kid. So, it has worked a couple of times for this staff. Just like everyone else though I'd rather see State pull some guys from major conferences. Hopefully this isn't foretelling of Mershon's decision. I keep telling myself that Hujsak played shortstop at VCU. So, it potentially could not affect Mershon at all.

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
Didn't SC have a Reeves on their roster, and I wonder any kin.
Yep.

PERSONAL: Son of Will and Robin Reeves…comes from an athletic family that has eight other family members that played collegiate athletics…grandfather, John Reeves played football at The Citadel…great grandfather, James W. Duckett, served as the 13th President of The Citadel (1970-74)…plans to major in biology.

@17itdawg is correct, brothers:

Reactions: GloryDawg

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
Dubrule came from the ASUN like Frei. Yeager came from the SOCON like this kid. So, it has worked a couple of times for this staff. Just like everyone else though I'd rather see State pull some guys from major conferences. Hopefully this isn't foretelling of Mershon's decision. I keep telling myself that Hujsak played shortstop at VCU. So, it potentially could not affect Mershon at all.
Yeager(900+ops, 300+avg, 10+ homer) and duburle(350-400 hitter) both excelled at their levels. This guy not so much. Good player, but didn’t dominate the league like those guys did. Not a needle mover at all.. but 23 year old with experience could be a bridge piece to fill a gap for a season

still need 2-3 big splashes.. or bigger splashes than this

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
Still have Cupp sitting in the shadows too, I haven't heard otherwise. This guy is coming from The Citadel, Lemonis alma mater.

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
Man, I don’t know. This sure seems like another reach for maybe a depth piece when we need to be finding day 1 guys to fill starting spots.

Meanwhile, I see that McKenzie jumped ship today so I guess we can add another swing and whiff to the laundry list of our recent failed HS signings

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
We need way more than Debrules. Yeager is the exception to our portaling the last 3 years.

Lawdawg.sixpack

Jul 22, 2012
The 1st 3 are the only ones that are rated in the top 200 prospects. Kid from Michigan is almost a certainty to be gone. The other 2, we might get to campus
The “kid from Michigan” is 19 years 8 months old. Crazy but common, especially with us it seems…

Raiderdawg

Sep 28, 2022
According to 64analytics Frei was the 6th best 3rd baseman (77th best overall) & Reeves was one of the top 10 available SS.

I don’t know if 64 analytics rankings are worth crap, but it seems that picking up two guys rated in the top 2% of available players is a good thing.

patdog

May 28, 2007
According to 64analytics Frei was the 6th best 3rd baseman (77th best overall) & Reeves was one of the top 10 available SS.

I don’t know if 64 analytics rankings are worth crap, but it seems that picking up two guys rated in the top 2% of available players is a good thing.
I think it's pretty safe to say 64analytics is crap.

• Haha
Reactions: Maroon Eagle

bigbub50

Jan 3, 2020
I had heard the Mershon to sou Carolina rumor as well but another reliable guy came back and said his brother was only a junior in high school so somebody can look that up if they want. The Mershon family is from up that way.

patdog

May 28, 2007
I had heard the Mershon to sou Carolina rumor as well but another reliable guy came back and said his brother was only a junior in high school so somebody can look that up if they want. The Mershon family is from up that way.
I think if he was going to South Carolina, he'd already be in the portal. My guess he's either at Mississippi State or in the minor leagues next year.

Reactions: HuntDawg

bigbub50

Jan 3, 2020
Here’s the deal about Mershon that everyone needs to understand. If he is smart (and I think he is) he won’t declare what he is going to do til last minute. If he keeps state and mlb in doubt til the end it drives up his potential signing bonus or nil. He has maximum leverage against both parties. If he declares one way or the other the party he is committed to is less inclined to sweeten the offer even more at the end. I suspect he is gone but have no inside information. It is in his best interest to leave both parties in doubt til the end.

Msuirondawgs

Mar 18, 2023
Meanwhile, LSU up to a total of NINE guys leaving Baton Rouge through the portal. That plus their draftees, Jay gonna need an entire new baseball team next season.

Reactions: patdog

Raiderdawg

Sep 28, 2022
For those that are interested, here is the supposed top 100 portal players with those that are committed and those that are still available.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login