Baseball Recruiting Gurus: Any portal moves coming soon?

columbiadawg2

Feb 2, 2010
Baseball recruiting insiders, are we in the running for any transfers? I see we got the one d2 pitcher but are we in on any other guys or is the staff super tight-lipped on things?

patdog

May 28, 2007
We were certainly quick enough to put players into the portal. Not sure why the long delay and getting players out of the portal. You get the feeling we've lost a lot of valuable time on this.

AstroDog

Oct 5, 2022
Was listening to Justin Parker's interview on Hailstate and he commented that he had heard nothing negative about Coach Lemon and the program. I guess that means he's not a Pack member, right? Otherwise, he comes across as a committed intense coach that seems to know what he's doing. Looking forward to seeing what he can do for us.

Willow Grove Dawg

Nov 3, 2016
Was listening to Justin Parker's interview on Hailstate and he commented that he had heard nothing negative about Coach Lemon and the program. I guess that means he's not a Pack member, right? Otherwise, he comes across as a committed intense coach that seems to know what he's doing. Looking forward to seeing what he can do for us.
Justin needs to get signed up for the Sixpack. There is an infinite amount of baseball knowledge shared here that could be very beneficial to him.

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
Justin needs to get signed up for the Sixpack. There is an infinite amount of baseball knowledge shared here that could be very beneficial to him.
Cary Elwes Disney Plus GIF by Disney+

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
Baseball recruiting insiders, are we in the running for any transfers? I see we got the one d2 pitcher but are we in on any other guys or is the staff super tight-lipped on things?
We are keeping any commits quiet so no one else will recruit them or offer more NIL money.
Yes there is an actual human that is suggesting that

• Haha
Reactions: mcdawg22 and patdog

ZestyJalapeno

Dec 3, 2021
Supposedly there are commits that they want to keep private for now, possibly until after the draft.

Pilgrimdawg

Aug 30, 2018
Gloom despair and agony on me. Deep dark depression excessive misery. If it weren’t for bad luck we would have no luck at all. Gloom despair and agony on me.

Reactions: jethreauxdawg

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
We are keeping any commits quiet so no one else will recruit them or offer more NIL money.
Kind of like in football all those years where kept our spring and non-conference offenses vanilla so we didn't tip off the SEC teams about how prolific we were going to be...

Reactions: Mjoelner

Thebulldogcountry1

Nov 6, 2022
What is the logic behind that? If they are good, then teams would be after them regardless. Are we thinking that other teams would try to poach players just because they want to come to State?

Reactions: patdog

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
Is it just me or does STATE seem to yield the worst fruit from great crootin' compaed to the others?

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
Is it just me or does STATE seem to yield the worst fruit from great crootin' compaed to the others?
Historically, I feel like it’s been the polar opposite. No data behind this, but it just seems like we’ve typically done a solid job of hitting on the highly rated prospects and then developing a lot of the others to be able to contribute by years 2 and 3.

Lately, though, we definitely haven’t gotten our money’s worth(both literally and figuratively) which points to really, really poor talent evaluation and development

maroonmania

Feb 23, 2008
Historically, I feel like it’s been the polar opposite. No data behind this, but it just seems like we’ve typically done a solid job of hitting on the highly rated prospects and then developing a lot of the others to be able to contribute by years 2 and 3.

Lately, though, we definitely haven’t gotten our money’s worth(both literally and figuratively) which points to really, really poor talent evaluation and development
I was actually looking over our current roster coming back for next year (not considering signees) and while we have some really good top end guys like Hunter Hines, Dakota Jordan, Ross Highfill and hopefully David Mershon. There is a HUGE gap between those guys and most of the rest of what's left on the roster. And pitching wise I'm not sure we have a top end guy. We have a few on the roster that have a lot of potential but no proven studs. No doubt our evaluation and development of the last few recruiting classes has been very, very poor.

Shmuley

Mar 6, 2008
I would give our portal activity the following grade (that I made up for just this occasion):

Mississippi State Portal Class Grade: "Mediocre Big Ten."

WrightGuy821

Mar 13, 2019
Robbie Faulk alluded to Lemonis having a few guys coming in from the portal but that they were keeping it quiet for now. Which is better than nothing... I guess? I hope those guys aren't holding out because they expect L$U to bring a couple money bags their way.

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
Robbie Faulk alluded to Lemonis having a few guys coming in from the portal but that they were keeping it quiet for now. Which is better than nothing... I guess? I hope those guys aren't holding out because they expect L$U to bring a couple money bags their way.
How many guys worth having are going to commit without fanfare? That just seems really odd. I mean Lane even got a graphic.

WrightGuy821

Mar 13, 2019
How many guys worth having are going to commit without fanfare? That just seems really odd. I mean Lane even got a graphic.
I wouldn't call a graphic fanfare. That's doing the absolute bare minimum. I expect a graphic anytime we get a transfer or a signee tbh.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
I'm sure potential recruits/transfers who read our MBs (and they all do) are just jumping at the chance!

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
I wouldn't call a graphic fanfare. That's doing the absolute bare minimum. I expect a graphic anytime we get a transfer or a signee tbh.
Ok. Whatever you want to call it. But point being anyone worth having is going to announce something. We even got a tweet from the D3 guy.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
I am not worried about him getting highly rated guys into the program what I am worried about is his ability to coach them when they get here.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login