Baseball Roster Up

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
I think it was speculated that they would try to get him to focus on one side.
I mean I think that could still happen. But regardless, that doesn’t affect how they’d list him on the roster. He can pitch with both arms if needed, so he’s a BHP.

I’ve been on record as hoping, for his sake, he’d get to focus on just his dominant arm until he’s at least an upperclassmen. With NCAA practice time limits and the limits of the human body in general, it’s hard as 17 to master just 2-3 quality pitches with one arm at the SEC level. Take all that time, effort, and sweat and double it to get what it takes to do the same thing with both arms. It’s damn near impossible over such a short time horizon.

TNDawg1

Oct 21, 2023
I listened to a Parker interview and he will continue to switch pitch but he said he’s a lot more versatile and talented throwing right handed. He said he’s still learning to sequence pitches which was a common theme on every pitcher they discussed. Refinement of one sort or another in live action.

rynodawg

May 29, 2007
I mean I think that could still happen. But regardless, that doesn’t affect how they’d list him on the roster. He can pitch with both arms if needed, so he’s a BHP.

I’ve been on record as hoping, for his sake, he’d get to focus on just his dominant arm until he’s at least an upperclassmen. With NCAA practice time limits and the limits of the human body in general, it’s hard as 17 to master just 2-3 quality pitches with one arm at the SEC level. Take all that time, effort, and sweat and double it to get what it takes to do the same thing with both arms. It’s damn near impossible over such a short time horizon.
Would be interested to know the BA and walk rate for each arm. That stat isn’t available online. He had an overall high strikeout rate and good opponent batting average, it’s just walks and HBP that hurt him badly last year. Led the team by far in HBP. Just needs to find the zone with whichever arm he uses.

WrightGuy821

Mar 13, 2019
Anybody have a prediction on Starting Lineup for this weekend? I didn't get to catch any of the scrims so I have no idea what the pecking order looks like

kired

Aug 22, 2008
For those of us that don't keep up too well, what pitchers are out recovering from injury?

thekimmer

Aug 30, 2012
Anybody have a prediction on Starting Lineup for this weekend? I didn't get to catch any of the scrims so I have no idea what the pecking order looks like
I think you will see three different starting line-ups this weekend.

MStateDawg

Aug 3, 2021

Probably something like this:

1. Larry 2B
2. Merson SS
3. Hines 1B
4. Jordan RF
5. Chance LF
6. Kohler 3B
7. Hujsack CF
8. Highfill DH
9. Long C

Reactions: WrightGuy821
Get unlimited access today.