Baseball Schedule Released...

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
Mark your πŸ“… because the 2⃣0⃣2⃣2⃣ Diamond Dawg schedule is HERE! 𝑴𝒐𝒓𝒆 π’Šπ’π’‡π’ πŸ‘‰ https://t.co/eMEIR4jsIw#HailState🐢 pic.twitter.com/R6qyvk4puAβ€” Mississippi State Baseball (@HailStateBB) December 7, 2021

MSUDC11

Aug 23, 2012
We play 6 games against USM, Tulane, and Texas Tech in the span of a week, all away from Dudy Noble. That’s pretty stout.

SEC-wise it’s your typical tough schedule, I did notice that we don’t play Vandy or SC. I’ll be curious to see if Tennessee is able to sustain their momentum from last year. We close the year with them at home, and I would be fascinated to see our crowd react to some of Vitello’s antics during a big series.

Hump4Hoops

May 1, 2010
No Vandy stood out to me.

Set up for a showdown in the SEC tournament that means absolutely nothing.

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
I almost wanted a nonconference series against them at the Trash Pandas' place.

Choctaw Dawg

May 21, 2017
Set up for a showdown in the SEC tournament that means absolutely nothing.
Yeah, I don't mind state going the Ray Tanner at South Carolina route for the conference tournament. Get in, get out and have over a week off for a regional.

Unless, of course, we are trying to play for a spot in a regional, but if we are one of the top 4 teams just throw some of the freshmen needing experience in a tournament setting. Last year showed how much getting blown out in the SEC Tournament mattered for the NCAA tournament.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
Have we ever had the Governor's Cup right after the series with Ole Miss?

FQDawg

May 1, 2006
Is that the schedule poster for the year? If so, how are you going to have a schedule poster that doesn’t prominently feature the national championship trophy?

Duke Humphrey

Oct 3, 2013
Lemonis is probably why

Is that the schedule poster for the year? If so, how are you going to have a schedule poster that doesn’t prominently feature the national championship trophy?

He is main one behind moving on and this team isn’t last year’s.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
Heard at breakfast this morning that the LFL boxes went from $2,000 to $2,400 per season and if you don't like it as a box lessee, they have a long waiting list that they can replace you with.

pmack3641

Aug 9, 2019
Box owner and it was fully expected, but not concerned. Actually anticipate increases every year and in all honesty we’ll worth it. IMO best place to watch a game.

RiceDawg

Aug 13, 2017
We play 6 games against USM, Tulane, and Texas Tech in the span of a week, all away from Dudy Noble. That’s pretty stout.

SEC-wise it’s your typical tough schedule, I did notice that we don’t play Vandy or SC. I’ll be curious to see if Tennessee is able to sustain their momentum from last year. We close the year with them at home, and I would be fascinated to see our crowd react to some of Vitello’s antics during a big series.

Get ready for more antics from Tulane, especially at their place. I agree that Vitello enjoys being a heel. The series circled for me is Arkansas. Hopeful that we can return the favor of last season to them.

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
I almost wanted a nonconference series against them at the Trash Pandas' place.
I think it'd be a great idea to play someone up there, just like we're doing with Samford in Birmingham and then in Memphis and obviously Jackson. Also love the series in Biloxi which we should be doing every year.

Just don't know who we would realistically play there? Jacksonville State or North Alabama I suppose. Maybe have a Tennessee team come down like MTSU. Huntsville is a town we can take over even more than we already do. It's close, and among the baseball folks, there's no distinct Bammer/Auburn/Tennessee edge.

I know that this supposedly takes away from kids class time or whatever but I think Biloxi is usually spring break. The others are one-day road-trips and we'd probably get a better crowd in those cities than in Starkville, during the week.

Last edited:

patdog

May 28, 2007
I like it. Lemonis pushing the message that this team hasn't done anything and will have to earn anything it gets.

FQDawg

May 1, 2006
I like it. Lemonis pushing the message that this team hasn't done anything and will have to earn anything it gets.

Sure. Absolutely tell the team that in the locker room and at practice every day. But a schedule poster is a marketing tool for fans (and potential fans) - we should be pushing that trophy every chance we get.

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
Get ready for more antics from Tulane, especially at their place. I agree that Vitello enjoys being a heel. The series circled for me is Arkansas. Hopeful that we can return the favor of last season to them.
17 Arkansas, troll. That favor was returned when we hoisted that trophy, that literally dropped in front of their second baseman 3 years earlier.

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
I still can't believe that I'm going to roll up to DNF next February and there will be a national championship banner/flag, etc. and a number (of titles) on the centerfield wall.

Not to mention how beautifully it was done, by breaking Texas' heart and demolishing Vandy, while Arkansas fans watched at home. Bless their hearts.

Last edited:

NOATLDAWG

Dec 29, 2020
Completely agree & thought the same. I'm ok with the coach mentality but this is our first and I don't care if we win 20 in a row... this one will always outrank anything else in MSU history and needs to be rammed down a lot of throats for a long time.

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
You need to come around more often if that is truly your opinion. It's hard to market the national championship anymore than it has been, and you are sitting here bitching about a poster. Get the 17 outta here, clown.

NOATLDAWG

Dec 29, 2020
I literally just asked the other day where I could find M over S gear and the consensus was 'it's not baseball season yet for that gear to be sold en masse'... THAT is a bold way to overmarket something by having it in short supply...

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
I literally just asked the other day where I could find M over S gear and the consensus was 'it's not baseball season yet for that gear to be sold en masse'... THAT is a bold way to overmarket something by having it in short supply...
Where? I'm calling BS. Any vendor will sell something that is in demand.

But further.....you need to clarify who you are big mad at - The University? This mystery vendor? Collect your anger first.

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
I was thinking similarly about North Alabama. If we're playing at Tennessee at the same time of the year in 2023, you'd think a game up in that area a day or two earlier that week could work.

It'd be kind of similar to last year's stop at The Citadel before playing South Carolina-- but a lot of that was because of Lemonis' history there.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
We're paying it, that's what the breakfast meeting was about. Just putting it out there so the "I paid $5 and don't have anywhere to sit" crowd won't try to make me feel bad about their situation. The $2,400 doesn't include a season ticket for anyone either, just 1 parking pass. I do agree to an extent with them though, we do need some general admission seating for visitors, elderly, etc. Let the debates begin boys

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
I was thinking similarly about North Alabama. If we're playing at Tennessee at the same time of the year in 2023, you'd think a game up in that area a day or two earlier that week could work.

It'd be kind of similar to last year's stop at The Citadel before playing South Carolina-- but a lot of that was because of Lemonis' history there.
Anything to engage the fanbase up there needs to be done. They are much more organized (and I think they are bigger) in that alumni group than even Birmingham. Birmingham alumni will always play second fiddle to the Iron Bowl frenzy. Huntsville, not so much. It's not a very Alabama-ey town, and it's not nearly as hard to drive to, from Starkville, as it was 20 years ago.

Last edited:

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
First time in history they will be calling us "The Defending National Champions".

NOATLDAWG

Dec 29, 2020
we literally just had this discussion... There is VERY little M over S gear available and certainly not a wealth of it. This isn't news to anyone living around Starkville or looking online. Go try to find an adidas M over S product... I was just looking for a M over S gray sweatshirt... Like some suggested on here, I think the best place for me to look is the MSU golf course next time I am in town... But to take offense over this is bizarre. It is very easy to see we don't have a wealth of selection of this gear (and certainly not what I would call 'good' stuff)... find something else to get big mad at, bro.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login