Baseball single game tix

RiceDawg

Aug 13, 2017
What’s the best way to potentially get Saturday chairbacks for baseball this spring? Are chairbacks sold on secondary markets like stub hub? Is there someone here that would sell tickets for a Saturday game? I am planning on making a weekend trip back and I wanted to bring some friends. I’ve done my time in the berm.

Maroonthirteen

Aug 22, 2012
I had no problem for any series getting tickets on stub hub or the Mississippi State Facebook ticket exchange. You may pay more for some series than others but I got into the Sunday OM game no problem.

I went to single games for the regional and super regional no problem. I bought those tickets on stubhub.

Arthur2478

Oct 17, 2010
Use StubHub. Season Ticket holders have a BDC provided integration between their account and StubHub which allows them to easily list unused tickets on StubHub, thus that's where you'll find the bulk of them.

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
You're going to pay premium on Stubhub, but still the best unless you know someone where you can work out a private transaction. Price of doing business when you've got crazy demand and now a national championship.

I've never been on the 'expand' bandwagon but I think if we are just packed out all year on the weekends, and make another run, Cohen will have to get serious about putting chairbacks in front on the berms/terrace.

Arthur2478

Oct 17, 2010
Cohen will have to get serious about putting chairbacks in front on the berms/terrace.

All the people that constantly claim we need to fill in the berms to add chairbacks need to realize one thing: There is a long list of people waiting for season tickets. If they remove the berms to add chairbacks, then you can bet your *** those seats will ALL be sold as season tickets thus leaving nothing but SRO tickets for non-season ticket holders. Be careful what you wish for.

Last edited:

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
Here is my best effort solution to this. When the contracts run up in 6 years (or whenever), do not sell people the ticket. Let them pay the BC contribution for the first right to buy that seat every game at a modest amount. If its not claimed by a certain time then turn around and sell it at a higher value and split that excess with the rights holder

A chairback is the most valuable thing on our campus. You can price them to make a fortune and also give other folks a chance to sit in them.

Last edited by a moderator:

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
Here is my best effort solution to this. When the contracts run up in 6 years (or whenever), do not sell people the ticket. Let them pay the BC contribution for the first right to buy that seat every game at a modest amount. If its not claimed by a certain time then turn around and sell it at a higher value and split that excess with the rights holder

A chairback is the most valuable thing on our campus. You can price them to make a fortune and also give other folks a chance to sit in them.
That's a good idea. I suppose that by that time we'd have the software infrastructure in place to do this.

Arthur2478

Oct 17, 2010

So turn away from the method that guarantees a chairback sellout for every game (mid-weeks included)? I don't see that happening because they aren't gonna wanna give up guaranteed revenue and if we had a bad season then ticket sales/revenue would plummet.

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
If Your ticket is not resold you pay for it at the lower amount. Win-win-win.

Its what we have now but doesnt depend on the ticketholder to put the ticket up for sale.

Last edited by a moderator:

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
If Your ticket is not resold you pay for it at the lower amount. Win-win-win.

Its what we have now but doesnt depend on the ticketholder to put the ticket up for sale.
Better way might be to let the season ticket holder go ahead and pay at renewal time, but if you don't commit a week ahead or whatever, then the ticket goes into circulation. If sold, season ticket holder is refunded and MSU makes the difference. Either way, they obviously do not recoup their BDC contribution.

I don't think many season ticket holders want to pay per individual game, over and over. If I'm understanding you correctly.

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
They dont. But this is a rare instance where we have something so valuable we can make them do that. If they dont want to then someone will absolutely take their spot.

Its a secondary reason chairbacks are full for regionals (first being the games are so important)—you have to proactively buy the ticket.

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
Yes. Which is why I propose not selling anyone the ticket in the first place. The season ticketholder has a right to buy it. If they dont the ticket is sold to someone else. For the first time.

dawgstudent

Apr 15, 2003
Got it. So let me ask again, is there a rule where the university can't resale a ticket? I kid.

MSUDC11

Aug 23, 2012
To answer the original question, yes there are chairbacks to be found. Sometimes posters on this site list them. Just monitor the boards multiple times a day during game week if you can (this board and any others you may be members of) and more often than not you've got a good chance of finding something. Prices tend to be more reasonable via that avenue, though it requires some persistence and good timing. As others have said, Stub Hub is usually an option too although often a bit more expensive. If you are BDC member, in prior years they have made a small number of chairbacks available to the public a few days before each weekend series. Usually down the third base line. Have not heard if they plan to do that again this year.

My biggest piece of advice would be to not limit yourselves to Saturdays if you can help it. Friday nights and Sunday afternoons can be your best friend if your schedule allows it. Demand is typically not quite as high but you still have enough people going to where it's a good atmosphere.

Eleven Bravo

Aug 31, 2018
What’s the best way to potentially get Saturday chairbacks for baseball this spring? Are chairbacks sold on secondary markets like stub hub? Is there someone here that would sell tickets for a Saturday game? I am planning on making a weekend trip back and I wanted to bring some friends. I’ve done my time in the berm.

You could possibly deal directly with a chairback seat holder such as myself to secure tickets. I don’t attend every game, and I have friends and family that use them when I’m not using them. I prefer to have people in the seats as often as possible. It depends upon the date. I have paid for my tickets but haven’t received them yet. I only have 2 tickets. They are Section 106, Seats 10-11. They are great seats. If I’m not using them, they’re yours.

MStateU

Nov 15, 2009
That’s not going to work. Too many moving parts.

I have football and baseball tickets. I’ll tell you what I wish for and would use. A university sponsored ticket exchange run through bulldog club dog tag. If I have extra I will put them up. Money just shows up in my account.

You want in on the exchange? Become a bulldog club member or you are SOL. School can keep a little juice.

I’m not fooling with stubhub. Period.

I’m not hunting somebody to sell to and deal with where and when to meet.

This would definitely work and would get the school more bulldog club members and juice off each sale. Wonder where we could turn to find someone to “engineer” a software system like this?

patdog

May 28, 2007
I'm sure there is. But easily gotten around if there was a system where you could return your unused ticket in exchange for a Bulldog Club donation. Then they could resell it. And you could get BC points for the donation.

RiceDawg

Aug 13, 2017
You could possibly deal directly with a chairback seat holder such as myself to secure tickets. I don’t attend every game, and I have friends and family that use them when I’m not using them. I prefer to have people in the seats as often as possible. It depends upon the date. I have paid for my tickets but haven’t received them yet. I only have 2 tickets. They are Section 106, Seats 10-11. They are great seats. If I’m not using them, they’re yours.

Thank you for your generosity

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login