Baseball Stats

MStateU

Nov 15, 2009
We are not a well coached team. I wouldn’t have thought just a few weeks ago we would be here, but here we are. We are not even close in some of these. It’s so frustrating because you know these are good ball players. Honestly, I am starting to get on board with the clean house group. I can’t believe it.

I’ll be there Tuesday and all weekend. I hope for a massive turnaround, but these stats are stunning.
1582EBB2-98E4-4D50-9ECB-831EB39C3ED4.jpeg9BFC567F-C374-4376-8F11-FD8C4C82D229.jpeg484CA3EB-86A3-4A70-B99E-D10AA85C1653.jpegB2049BAB-5280-46F1-9D7E-7587A8DA19DE.jpegF50FF520-3612-4256-9FDC-B1F97ECCEDD9.jpeg

dog99walker

Jul 16, 2021
After a while, a tighter strike zone by ‘blue’ begins to sour in your ear. It doesn’t seem to bother Tennessee.

57stratdawg

Mar 24, 2010
We are not a well coached team. I wouldn’t have thought just a few weeks ago we would be here, but here we are. We are not even close in some of these. It’s so frustrating because you know these are good ball players. Honestly, I am starting to get on board with the clean house group. I can’t believe it.

I’ll be there Tuesday and all weekend. I hope for a massive turnaround, but these stats are stunning.
Do I?

patdog

May 28, 2007
But the almighty recruiting rankings say they are. Never mind that the people who give those rankings can't get a real job in baseball and are notorious for giving rankings to their friends. Of course they're poorly coached. But they've shown me very little to suggest they're anywhere near as good as their rankings.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
But the almighty recruiting rankings say they are. Never mind that the people who give those rankings can't get a real job in baseball and are notorious for giving rankings to their friends. Of course they're poorly coached. But they've shown me very little to suggest they're anywhere near as good as their rankings.

The rankings for the 2022 class say we are good because we brought in a good class, but all those guys as true freshmen aren’t going to carry us out of this mess. The rankings for the 2020 and 2021 classes, and the guys left from those classes, do not necessarily tell the same story. 2020 was still mostly Cann guys with Lemonis JUCO fill-ins, 2021 was Lemonis’ first full class.

We are recruiting well enough in spots but have glaring holes. We don’t have a 3B or a catcher who we can rely on which is pretty inexcusable, and we had to run to the portal to get plug and play guys at 2B and CF. That’s just not getting it done in recruiting HS prospects at 4 of the 5 most critical defensive positions. And our issues with pitchers in the 2021 class are well documented. Basically none left besides Kohn.

Xenomorph

Feb 15, 2007
I’ll be there Tuesday
Arkansas State is one of the worst warm weather teams in the country. I'm surprised they stuck with Raffo after last year.

19-30 in 2021
11-38 in 2022
7-11 so far in 2023 and currently on a 6 game skid.

Tonight should be a good game.

• Haha
Reactions: The Maroon Pug

PBRME

Feb 12, 2004

View attachment 320516View attachment 320517View attachment 320519View attachment 320520View attachment 320521
Stunning isn’t the first word that comes to mind.

patdog

May 28, 2007
The rankings for the 2022 class say we are good because we brought in a good class, but all those guys as true freshmen aren’t going to carry us out of this mess. The rankings for the 2020 and 2021 classes, and the guys left from those classes, do not necessarily tell the same story. 2020 was still mostly Cann guys with Lemonis JUCO fill-ins, 2021 was Lemonis’ first full class.

We are recruiting well enough in spots but have glaring holes. We don’t have a 3B or a catcher who we can rely on which is pretty inexcusable, and we had to run to the portal to get plug and play guys at 2B and CF. That’s just not getting it done in recruiting HS prospects at 4 of the 5 most critical defensive positions. And our issues with pitchers in the 2021 class are well documented. Basically none left besides Kohn.
We'll see in the next couple of years if the 2022 class is as good as its ranked or if its overrated.

You're right about the glaring holes. These things just can't happen at a school like Misssissippi State. And the fact they're happening in the coach's 5th season and not his first tells you everything you need to know about whether you should fire the coach or give him "time to turn it around."

Reactions: MagnoliaHunter

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
I'll be @ The Dude but that doesn't mean I don't reserve the right to ***** about what I see when I'm there. I'll call them like I see them and so far I cant stand what I'm seeing

maroonmania

Feb 23, 2008
Heck, if we had pitchers that could throw strikes and we had a catcher who could keep baserunners from running at will we would be pretty good. But we don't so we aren't.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Numbers don't lie. Leading"in one or two of those lists is a problem for any team that might be fixable over the season. Being at the "top" for as many of those lists tells me we have problems that cannot be solved during one season and for the first time I actually do not have any hope this staff can do it. I don't want to change the coaching staff because I don't like the way that situation usually plays out for the program. It's always messy. But it doesn't matter whether it is messy or not or what I might like, it's something that needs to happen.

I really hope I am wrong for the sake of MSU baseball, but those numbers are catastrophic. There's no way to sugar coat it at all.

MStateU

Nov 15, 2009
Numbers don't lie. Leading"in one or two of those lists is a problem for any team that might be fixable over the season. Being at the "top" for as many of those lists tells me we have problems that cannot be solved during one season and for the first time I actually do not have any hope this staff can do it. I don't want to change the coaching staff because I don't like the way that situation usually plays out for the program. It's always messy. But it doesn't matter whether it is messy or not or what I might like, it's something that needs to happen.

I really hope I am wrong for the sake of MSU baseball, but those numbers are catastrophic. There's no way to sugar coat it at all.
Agreed. I have looked for positives and anomalies for a year now and the lack of preparedness in certain situations has lead me to one conclusion.

Aug 22, 2012

The thing about this team is plenty of other team filled holes or got players out of the portal.

Most everyone gave Lemo a pass last year because who could expect us to compete after a National Title run. Except now Ole Miss is ranked top 10 after losing a lot of players.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login