Baseball Transfers

notYaBoy

Mar 5, 2018
Per D1 Baseball we have the #24 baseball transfer class
THE HEADLINERS: Purdue transfer Khal Stephen and Miami transfer Karson Ligon are a pair of righthanders who project to start games for Mississippi State right away. Both were weekend starters at their previous stops, and both have big arms that produce fastballs into the mid 90s. Logan Kohler, a transfer from Memphis, will go into the spring as the leader at third base. He batted .330/.404/.574 last season with 11 home runs, and the MSU coaching staff also sees him as a value add defensively. Righthander Cam Schuelke from College of Central Florida is a slot-shifting reliever who dominated in junior college last spring and in the Cape Cod League over the summer despite not having high-octane stuff in a traditional sense.

CONTRIBUTORS: Catchers Johnny Long from Pittsburgh and Jackson Owen from Northeast Mississippi CC will vie for backup reps behind starter Ross Highfill. Long brings Division I experience while Owen brings high-end defensive skill. Lefthander Nate Lamb from Division II Young Harris (Ga.) and righthander Gavin Black from Northwest Florida State College will both be in the mix for bullpen innings. Lamb showed a fastball from 93-95 mph with a low-80s slider over the summer in the MLB Draft League. Black touched 96 mph with his fastball in the fall along with a slider that has plus potential.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Don't try and get anybody wooly around here, all these folks want Lemon fired.

But yeah, I expect to host a regional.

MStateDawg

Aug 3, 2021
We also got a catcher transferring in named Joe Powell. He was Cincinnati's starting catcher in 2022. He hit over .300 and was really good defensively. I dont think he played anywhere last year (not sure why)

QuaoarsKing

Mar 11, 2008
#24 is pretty bad, considering that only 4 schools in the country even care about baseball, and (even with the last 2 years) we're considered to be a lot better than the 24th best overall program.

QuaoarsKing

Mar 11, 2008
Don't try and get anybody wooly around here, all these folks want Lemon fired.

But yeah, I expect to host a regional.

This is the kind of post someone makes if they secretly want Lemonis fired themselves, trying to set up people up to be disappointed with a 2 seed and enraged with a 3 seed.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
#24 is pretty bad, considering that only 4 schools in the country even care about baseball, and (even with the last 2 years) we're considered to be a lot better than the 24th best overall program.
I’ve personally enjoyed watching the number of schools who “care about baseball” gradually shrink down to infinitely smaller numbers every year since the national title that Lemonis has been on the hot seat.

If its only 4 schools that care, why does it even matter what we do in baseball? Get a #1 class, a #25 class, keep Lemonis, or don’t….who gives a crap?

patdog

May 28, 2007
I’ve personally enjoyed watching the number of schools who “care about baseball” gradually shrink down to infinitely smaller numbers every year since the national title that Lemonis has been on the hot seat.

If its only 4 schools that care, why does it even matter what we do in baseball? Get a #1 class, a #25 class, keep Lemonis, or don’t….who gives a crap?
Here’s how many schools care about baseball. Southern freaking Miss was 9th in attendance last year. Would lead the NCAA if not for 8 SEC schools (including Texas).

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
I'm not really too sure about this, but I think we have to wait until we see how bad we play before we fire our coach. Just an opinion.

Reactions: patdog

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
The continuing regression of when it’s ok to admit that Lemonis needs to go.
No, I don't argue that he very horrible the year before, and last year, but usually you let the season begin and begin to play out before you decide to relieve somebody of their duties.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
The continuing regression of when it’s ok to admit that Lemonis needs to go.
If we suck this year, he needs to go. Period. How to define "if we suck" is the hard part, but in general, anyone with intelligence can figure it out.

He did not need to be fired last year, and that's what you idiots can't seem to get. I'm glad Selmon had the good sense to not cave to the clown posse.

I don't even like Lemonis. I didn't like his initial recruiting. But he did win us a national title, and he seems to have changed the type of kids he's bringing in. 2 great years, 2 bad years, we're now back to neutral.

QuaoarsKing

Mar 11, 2008
Lemonis should probably be fired if we don't host, or at least aren't very close to hosting.

If we're a 3 seed, that's 3 straight years below the acceptable standard. The national title controversially got him a pass after 2 years below the standard, but no one should get 3.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Lemonis should probably be fired if we don't host, or at least aren't very close to hosting.

If we're a 3 seed, that's 3 straight years below the acceptable standard. The national title controversially got him a pass after 2 years below the standard, but no one should get 3.
How many teams go from dead last to hosting in 1 season? Realistically, just making the tournament would be a very good season for us this spring.

NWADawg

May 4, 2016
Gonna be a lot of crow being eaten around here.
If you get your hand slapped every time you reach for the cookie, eventually you become hesitant to reach for it. It doesn't mean you quit liking or believing in cookies.

Based on recent history, you can't blame folks for hesitating after getting their emotional fan hands slapped so many times.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login